Graphics and Sounds needed for CTC

See details inside

Attention all graphic and sound artists! I am now officially looking for people to create graphics and sounds for Colosseum Total Conversion.

I believe I have advanced far enough to start actively recruiting for this TC. So, therefore, I am searching for up to two graphic artists and a sound artist. I am aware there is an Unemployment thread on the here, but much of it is outdated, and barely ever updated. I should know, I haven't updated my spot on there since I was in high school.

Graphic artists must be capable of making any type of graphic Nova can use, since I don't want a single graphic from any of the three EV games to be present in my final product. All artists must be capable of EVO graphics or better. Presently CTC uses a mix of placeholders from the EV triology and some free-to-use graphics from Onyx's and Saber's shipyards. While the graphics from the shipyards can stay, they are not final.

The sound artist must be able to make quality sound effects. Again, at least EVO level, but better is preffered. Once again, not a single sound from Nova is to remain. Music making skills are not nessisary, since I am not worried about that right now.

Other plug-in making skills are not nessisary, though they never hurt.

All people interested in joining must be capable of comitting to a TC-sized project and working at least as consistently as I do, which, presently, isn't as consistent as I'd like, but that will likely change if I have three people relying on me to do my share so they can resume work on their parts. You must also have some sort of previous work to present to me. Finally, all submitions must be in by this Saturday.

If you are interested, send an email to TwilightPhoenix (at) gmail (dot) com. You must include something like "Colosseum TC" in the subject line. All mail that is not a submition or a response to something I send will be ignored.

If you need proof that CTC is at a decent stage of development, which is Alpha by the way, you can refer to this thread.

You can also download the Teaser from here. It'll also be on the addons page sooner or later.

I've also posted this in the above mentioned thread.

This post has been edited by JoshTigerheart : 19 November 2006 - 12:34 AM

Sound is fairly easy. There are a lot of small Sound archive websites full of both old and original Scifi sounds. Using those or a soundeffects soundtrack would be a time saver, and you could do it yourself in a few hours.

Sound has to be converted into System 7 format, which, by my understanding, is not a simple process and there are few applications that handle such conversion.

Besides, if I'm not doing everything (and learning how to do it in the process with much trial and error), this will get finished faster with at least as much polish and a third of the frustration.

Quite true. I had forgotton about the difference. You see, I run Windows, and I did not count on the difference. Of course, with the intel macs out, we might all soon be running Windows. Any way, I am learning Bryce 5 slowly, and have managed to create simple landscapes (for landing pictures). I am improving on them, and if and when I can texture them better I will send them to you.

@incogitor, on Nov 16 2006, 03:14 PM, said in Graphics and Sounds needed for CTC:

Of course, with the intel macs out, we might all soon be running Windows.

Oh, I think you underestimate the loyalty of most Mac users...

Platform war! Platform war! Bad, Bad, Bad!

@incogitor, on Nov 16 2006, 03:14 PM, said in Graphics and Sounds needed for CTC:

Of course, with the intel macs out, we might all soon be running Windows.

Don't make me smite you, n00b.

I'd offer to do landing graphics, but I doubt that you need any. Besides I'm already tied up with Homeworld :). Good luck to you, TP JTH.

If you are interested I have some(3-4) ships which I can donate. I do not have the time to do new ships, but I have some that will never see the light of day unless you want them. They are not totally unseen though. Pace has seen them, and one is based of a movie I have posted here.

Man, you mean the wormhole one, Jonas?

That would be so cool!

(I love it and wanted to put it in ARPIA2 but never asked :p)

That said, I'm intrigued by what the others are Can't remember

@gray-shirt-ninja, on Nov 17 2006, 06:03 PM, said in Graphics and Sounds needed for CTC:

I'd offer to do landing graphics, but I doubt that you need any. Besides I'm already tied up with Homeworld :). Good luck to you, TP JTH.

Not really, unfortunately. Theres two stations and one planet and those are pretty much covered with the free-to-use stuff.

If you are interested I have some(3-4) ships which I can donate. I do not have the time to do new ships, but I have some that will never see the light of day unless you want them. They are not totally unseen though. Pace has seen them, and one is based of a movie I have posted here.

Sure, any donations are fine.

I'm going to extend my deadline indefinitely. I've gotten a total of zero emails. <_<

Maybe if I hid for six monthes and then came back with a new account and announced it as a new TC to be made? Everyone seems to want to work on freshly announced TCs compared to one in Alpha stages.

Nah, it's just that you have to change your topic. I found a bunch of willing people by making it into a "graphics needed" kind of topic.

Indeed. The word "recruiting" sounds like a job.

@pace, on Nov 18 2006, 10:07 AM, said in Graphics and Sounds needed for CTC:

Nah, it's just that you have to change your topic. I found a bunch of willing people by making it into a "graphics needed" kind of topic.

If it wasn't for Arpia 2, I wouldn't be acting on that advise so quickly.

I don't know if I am remembering correctly or not but as i recall there was a plug uploaded into the addon's page a while back with like thousands of sounds for NOVA... I don't know if you want to look into this or not but I just thought i'd mension that.

I have sent two ships to you in a PM, but I'm not sure if it got sent at all. 😛
Did you receive them?

This post has been edited by Modesty Blaise : 29 November 2006 - 10:12 AM

I did, I just haven't looked at them yet. Dang end-of-the-semester college projects.

@joshtigerheart, on Nov 29 2006, 04:37 PM, said in Graphics and Sounds needed for CTC:

I did, I just haven't looked at them yet. Dang end-of-the-semester college projects.

You and me both brother.