EV: Renegade

@pp0u20e8, on Sep 5 2006, 10:07 PM, said in EV: Renegade:

This has got to be a joke.

I gave up part way into your post, but in the first line, you misspelled the words peace (pece) and were (where). You also misspelled enough (eneugh).

So how the ###### can you spell abundance perfectly correctly?
Seriously, tell me this is a joke.

And you jumped my ass for calling him out for his bad spelling. Nice.

I also bitched at him for his bad spelling at the beginning of the topic.

I only "jumped your ass" because you kept posting just to complain about it, rather than through interest in his plug.

Right now I'm just confused, and slightly suspicious.

And all your posts in this thread have been focused on interest in the plug? Pot, thy name is kettle.

@pp0u20e8, on Sep 6 2006, 12:22 AM, said in EV: Renegade:

I also bitched at him for his bad spelling at the beginning of the topic.

@uncletwitchy, on Sep 6 2006, 01:01 AM, said in EV: Renegade:

And all your posts in this thread have been focused on interest in the plug? Pot, thy name is kettle.

Wow, way to use your reading skills.

And as to the point you're trying to make in general - get over it already.

This post has been edited by pp0u20e8 : 05 September 2006 - 07:37 PM

Never mind. You are so not worth my time.

Much like this forum these days.

This post has been edited by UncleTwitchy : 05 September 2006 - 07:54 PM

No s###.

Xebdaz reads the topic, on his friend’s slow as molasses computer, gets up and sighs. This is becoming a flame. It was NOT A JOKE! I have spelling issues. some words I just cant spell. That’s why I use spellcheck. Next, you can comment all day about the spelling, but does anyone have actual suggestions or ideas?? or anything constructive to say!!!

Okay, now on to the progress log.
Recently my internet went down, so I can only update about weekly. and I added another government or two (I would’ve felt guilty for giving myself more work, so I am finished with everything for them). I am now just making some uninhabited systems. It is sort of calming. Wen you are making featureless stem after featureless stem.
UIS:080
Count the X value. 144
okay. the y value?
okay. asteroids... eni meni miney moe.
asteroid count...

Gives you a chance to reflect on life. and your plugin.

By the way, uncle twitchy, you of all people? crushing a young developer's dreams of one day making a TC (As you yourself did I understand)? I resent your accusations. This is not vaporware, the smell of vaporware comes from the residue of other failures.
Why are you so insanely hostile?
Xebdaz reads the topic, on his friend’s slow as molasses computer, gets up and sighs. This is becoming a flame. It was NOT A JOKE! I have spelling issues. some words I just cant spell. That’s why I use spellcheck. Next, you can comment all day about the spelling, but does anyone have actual suggestions or ideas?? or anything constructive to say!!!

Okay, now on to the progress log.
Recently my internet went down, so I can only update about weekly. and I added another government or two (I would’ve felt guilty for giving myself more work, so I am finished with everything for them). I am now just making some uninhabited systems. It is sort of calming. Wen you are making featureless stem after featureless stem.
UIS:080
Count the X value. 144
okay. the y value?
okay. asteroids... eni meni miney moe.
asteroid count...

Gives you a chance to reflect on life. and your plugin.

By the way, uncle twitchy, you of all people? crushing a young developer's dreams of one day making a TC (As you yourself did I understand)? I resent your accusations. This is not vaporware, the smell of vaporware comes from the residue of other failures.
Why are you so insanely hostile?

Because it's that time of month.

I've rather noticed that certain members of this board have that time of month multiple times a month.

Phoebus: glad to hear you're making progress.

@mispeled, on Sep 16 2006, 08:57 AM, said in EV: Renegade:

I've rather noticed that certain members of this board have that time of month multiple times a month.

Hee hee hee. Hee hee.

There there kids, let's all go to the BnB. We'll fix your spelling and infect you with some sort of STD to boot!

It sounds interesting, but it sounds like something that you might consider making into a plug, instead of a TC. There is nothing wrong with making a plug, and this seems like it would be perfect for one. It would also give you some experience so you could make other TCs, if you chose to.

Seriously though, is English your first language? Because if you can spell
"abundance" and "consideration" perfectly fine, yet not know how to spell "does", something went wrong with your education sometime.

Phoebus Xebdaz said:

1 Do you know how to spell duz? I need to know. I knowe it stinks but spellcheck wont help!!

QUOTE(Phoebus Xebdaz)

1 Do you know how to spell duz? I need to know. I knowe it stinks but spellcheck wont help!!
LOL!
duz = does / knowe = know... with your spellings there could be another language! sorry man had to say it... I'd be willing to help you with your TC though... I have great experience from making many plugs (but of course I can't do graphics so I take other plug's graphics so I never release um) <_< If you want me to try and help just tell me 🙂

I take offense at you suggesting that English was not my first language. I grew up speaking and spelling English. I don’t know any other languages (I know a little Spanish, but cannot carry on a conversation). Next, It is one thing to dislike my plugin. It is okay to criticize it because of my credentials. But, please, take your criticizing of each other's criticisms somewhere else!

The plug it's self is coming along nicely. I don’t quite know witch angle to attack sbobs from, so I am doing that Bit by bit. I just made the first 3 ships, and am waiting to make more of them. I will put them into systems, and have the stupid alien systems done by the end of this week. Once I have ships and sbobs done, I will begin writhing the story-lines. The major difference from nova with respect to storylines will be mission stiles. Most missions will require you to evade kill or board something. Or land somewhere hard to find. Another key difference will be the plots. In nova, there was one story for each faction. one outcome. In this, your decisions, random operators, and such will lead you down different paths. For example, in the W.P.A. storyline (Name not disclosed), you will ether fight a three way battle, or fight 2 armies. Later, you might intervene in 3 different ways in another faction's politics. There will be different endings. Finally, every once in a while, you will be told to destroy a sbob. These missions will be hard, and you will most likely have to buy "Assault", or planet killing weapons to complete them.

Thank you for the attention, and I still need graphics.

@phoebus-xebdaz, on Sep 21 2006, 12:51 PM, said in EV: Renegade:

I take offense at you suggesting ... to buy "Assault", or planet killing weapons to complete them.

Thank you for the attention, and I still need graphics.

Sounds decent but just so you don't get mocked out more for spelling sbob = spob...
So do you need some help with your plug or no?

I figured out how to attack spobs. Every direction. I hve made headway, and ev: renigade is starting to feel a lot less empty.
I need a little help: Wen you make a spin resource, is it okay to use picts as the graphic/mask, as long as you dont have a pict with the same ID as the rel8 or reld? i need to know this, because I am useing the stations from the first 2 games (From the ported version, but not rEVisited)

I added a few more sistems, but I am done adding sistems, and working steadaly on spobs. Now that I am doing wrighting, I am further developing the backstory. The updates: There is an empire, it collapses, and is replaced quickly with a central government. in the last 60 years, the central government has frectured. Some things I will keep secret, and you will be able to start as a citizen of any of the 5 or so main government's citizens.

To pruvevengance: If you can do graphics, I need your help. Otherwise, I could use a little advice. I will post questions here.

Finally a question from a newbie on thease bords. How do I change my subtitle from "Member" to somthing else. Donty laugh, I relly want to know.

With the RLE and RLE8 resources the sprite and mask are stored in the same resource. In Windows at least. With the PICT resource the mask and sprite have to be separate PICT resources but you can't have the mask be an RLE and the sprite be a PICT. Nova will just give way and die if you do this.

This post has been edited by JacaByte : 25 September 2006 - 06:27 PM

You can change your title after 1,001 posts.

To answer your question, yes it works but it's not recommended. You should just export the picts and reimport them as RLE. To elaborate on what Jaca said, just in case you're interested, the mask field in spins and shans is actually ignored when using RLEs because it can find both the sprite and the mask in the same RLE you reference in the sprite field.

@jacabyte, on Sep 26 2006, 11:26 AM, said in EV: Renegade:

you can't have the mask be an RLE and the sprite be a PICT. Nova will just give way and die if you do this.

:huh: Why would you even consider such a thing?

This post has been edited by Guy : 25 September 2006 - 06:55 PM

@guy, on Sep 25 2006, 05:51 PM, said in EV: Renegade:

:huh: Why would you even consider such a thing?

I have no idea.

@jacabyte, on Sep 26 2006, 09:44 PM, said in EV: Renegade:

I have no idea.

First off: Man... Weird conversation 😛

Second off: I had thought I put I don't make graphics. I've only made 2 ship spins ever... They were to create a Zachit Cresent Warship and to make a Pirate Mod Starbridge for EVN. They both worked but I obviously just did small editing 😛

Anyways since it sounds like you only needed help in graphics I guess I won't be of any service to your plug-in