EV: Renegade

Follow the link in my sig and have a look at the resource ID guide.
Onyx is not going to make anything.

Oynx is just making ships just for the sake of such. I'll never understand why so don't ask me.

And I don't want to be a pers. Not yet anyway.

Onyx is not making anything, not even ships.

Warning: Unknown resource type "usro" in file "C:\Program Files\EV Nova\Nova Files\Nova Data 4.rez". Skipping...
That was seen wen I opened nova data 4. please explain this wierd occorance. what is Urso, and and what does it do? what am I missing?

The urso is a resource left over from some early development stage that never got taken out. EVNEW skips resource types it doesn't recognise. You can just ignore it.

Sorry, but just for the sake of commedy can I be put in as a kestrel even though there is no kestrel in ur game and say " yuo'd batter spell yuor hial rihgt or I won't answer yuo"?

Sorry... I'm amusing myself when I'm sposed to be asleep 😛

@1purevengeance1, on Oct 24 2006, 12:41 AM, said in EV: Renegade:

Sorry, but just for the sake of commedy can I be put in as a kestrel even though there is no kestrel in ur game and say " yuo'd batter spell yuor hial rihgt or I won't answer yuo"?

Sorry... I'm amusing myself when I'm sposed to be asleep 😛

**I think this topic has had more than enough sarcasm.

The guy has spelling issues and is sometimes difficult to understand.

Everyone has done a good job more recently in trying to be patient; let's try not to undermine that.

EVDC has a lot of incredibly cool, smart people who know a thing or two about the engine, and in order for there to be more poeple like that in the future, we'll need to be understanding with people who are just starting.

This isn't directed at purevengeance; his comment just pushed me into action. In all honesty I'm way late on this one and that is my fault as a moderator. This topic is fine how it is now, let's keep it that way if we can.

Thanks,

_bomb

Okay, here is a tip/question:
I make my systems like this: graph paper, bunch of little circles. link together. then, in a notebook, record the X/Y positions, id numbers, and links of each. also, the government, and possibly the name. anyway, how do you do it? I'm only posting this because I just figured out the quick way to check the government of a system: Look at what I wrought down in august. am I doing it all wrong?

Next order of business: Thank you bomb. much needed. purevengance: I will do just as you asked. in a kestrel (At the end you will be able to buy one, also a mod starbrige, and a couple of onyx's ships), saying all of that stuff. oh, and I could put you in a mod pirate SB(If I can get my plug-in converter to work). anyhow, anyone else?

I have hit a roadblock with those quotes. what is this "Spillover" how do you make they're angry quotes, and such.

Thank you again guy, for that beam guide. That dark centered beam? I used that. very useful. and, also directed at guy and jaca, Onyx was making something, but gave up and allowed us to use it for free. and he is working on aftermath.

What do rle8s do anyway? are they a damage mask, or a guide for occupancy (Clearness)? if they aren't that useful, why does nova have them anyway?

My plug-in converter worked for two files (.bin) slow on the second one. I was so happy! I could finally get plugs from other people! but, on the second one it stalled, and the third plug-in I converted did not convert at all. I was just looking stupidly at the command prompt doing nothing. the cursor blinking. mocking me. (Attempted humor). anyway, is this a known bug? how can I fix this?

Thanks, Xebdaz

@phoebus-xebdaz, on Oct 24 2006, 01:43 PM, said in EV: Renegade:

<snip>

Okay, Question one: How do you make system maps?

Well your method with the graph paper is as good as any. On the Mac side of the field there's a utility that lets you move around systems on a nova plane, lets you rename them, and lets you zoom in and out. And when you're done it will save them as syst resources.

Question two: What are Rle8s? They're for the Mac world too. They're 8 bit color (256 colors) graphics that are used when a person is in 8 bit color mode. On Windows Nova downconverts from RleD graphics if the user is in 8 bit color mode and on Mac if they aren't any Rle8 graphics and the user is in 8 bit color mode Nova will tell the user their are no 8 bit graphics to use and switch to 16 bit color mode if possible and will gracfully quit. They are not required and do little more than take up space on most systems.

This post has been edited by JacaByte : 24 October 2006 - 02:57 PM

They were only ever included as a compatibility thing for really old computers. But no one runs Nova on a computer that can only do 8-bit so there's no point in making them for your own plug.

@bomb, on Oct 23 2006, 10:24 PM, said in EV: Renegade:

**I think this topic has had more than enough sarcasm.

The guy has spelling issues and is sometimes difficult to understand.

Everyone has done a good job more recently in trying to be patient; let's try not to undermine that.

EVDC has a lot of incredibly cool, smart people who know a thing or two about the engine, and in order for there to be more poeple like that in the future, we'll need to be understanding with people who are just starting.

This isn't directed at purevengeance; his comment just pushed me into action. In all honesty I'm way late on this one and that is my fault as a moderator. This topic is fine how it is now, let's keep it that way if we can.

Thanks,

_bomb

Just letting you know I wasn't just plainly trying to be meen back there... but I definatly was having a bad day... like 3 hours of homework and an essay and my friends were being real jerks 😞 . Sorry for any offence that you took from my post and I hope to see more progress on your TC 🙂

@1purevengeance1, on Oct 25 2006, 11:09 PM, said in EV: Renegade:

Just letting you know I wasn't just plainly trying to be meen back there... but I definatly was having a bad day... like 3 hours of homework and an essay and my friends were being real jerks 😞 . Sorry for any offence that you took from my post and I hope to see more progress on your TC 🙂

**Everyone has bad days, as I'm sure we can all attest to. Good to see you're actually just one of the decent sort of people I mentioned in my previous post that make up the core of this community.

_bomb

It is okay peurvevengance.
I just made a bunch of new spobs.
some questions about nova:
What was urso supposed to do?
how does it decide to put "No de'sq requ'ed?" for a ship or outfit?
thank you.

Nothing, it was just a temp resource during development. It wasn't some kind of new feature that got pulled.
If you're talking about the debug log complaining about the lack of descs you can avoid that by setting buy/hire randoms to zero.

No, I ment, how does the computer decide wen to put them, as opposed to just blank...

I re did the splash screen, wich brought on a hole host of new crashes. so many that it crashes wenever I open a dialouge of any kind!!!
Almost done with those drone dyds... they keep me up at night...
Wroght an ironic preambel...
did 2 or three new planets...
learned to love photoshop like a famly member...

Er, I'm not following you. How does it decide when to put what? And where does it put them, whatever they are?

First off

@phoebus-xebdaz, on Oct 29 2006, 02:21 PM, said in EV: Renegade:

Wroght an ironic preambel...

Huh?

Secondly:

@phoebus-xebdaz, on Oct 29 2006, 02:21 PM, said in EV: Renegade:

learned to love photoshop like a famly member...

Ew. Just ew.

He wrote an ironic preamble. Not too sure what can be ironic about it, though. Mind you, it's possible he wrought it, but that would be bad grammar, since "wrought" is an adjective, not a verb.

This post has been edited by Belthazar : 30 October 2006 - 06:51 AM

Splash screen crashes dialogs? :huh: No... we're aren't getting it.

I'm curious - when you re-did the splash screen, did you happen to remove one of the Nova data files? Especially Nova.rez, if you happen to be on the PC? Because removing that would cause it to crash whenever you open a dialogue box on the main screen. Removing one of the Nova Titles files (can't remember which one) would make it crash when you opened one of the in-game dialogue boxes.