Giving an outfit when someone loads up at the commodity exchange...

Is it possible?

I want the player to get an outfit when they purchase anything in the commodity exchange. Is it possible? Or should I just cut the commodity exchange out?
(The effect is important- It wouldn't make any sense if it worked with everything except the commodity exchange...)

(Sorry guys, posted in the wrong place cause I was browsing both boards at once. Can someone move this for me?)

This post has been edited by -REDCHIGH- : 11 October 2006 - 09:49 AM

In EV Nova you can use a mission to Gxxx when the player enters the commodity exchange, but you can't trigger something off the purchase of trading goods.

Unless its a mission that triggers when the player has certain items onboard.

No, you can't detect cargo. Cargo is nothing more than a couple of strings and a price tag, you really can't do anything at all with it.

@guy, on Oct 12 2006, 05:02 PM, said in Giving an outfit when someone loads up at the commodity exchange...:

No, you can't detect cargo. Cargo is nothing more than a couple of strings and a price tag, you really can't do anything at all with it.

Well, that's true with standard cargoes. It's almost true with junks.... You might be able to have super-fast untargetable invisible-dot ships scan for junks they consider illegal, and then have outfit-granting hidden misns that only show up if the invisible-dot govt is pissed at the player.

I'm not sure that would work in practice, though, and implementing it for every junk in the game might be a bit much. 🙂

Shouldn't this have been moved to the EVDC instead of the EVN board?

This post has been edited by Dr. Trowel : 12 October 2006 - 10:40 PM

@dr--trowel, on Oct 13 2006, 03:35 AM, said in Giving an outfit when someone loads up at the commodity exchange...:

Well, that's true with standard cargoes. It's almost true with junks.... You might be able to have super-fast untargetable invisible-dot ships scan for junks they consider illegal, and then have outfit-granting hidden misns that only show up if the invisible-dot govt is pissed at the player.

I'm not sure that would work in practice, though, and implementing it for every junk in the game might be a bit much. 🙂

Shouldn't this have been moved to the EVDC instead of the EVN board?

**This topic can't seem to find a home. It should be on the EVDC.

_bomb

Whoa -- Bomb 's back! Thank you, Masked Explosive!

@dr--trowel, on Oct 12 2006, 10:35 PM, said in Giving an outfit when someone loads up at the commodity exchange...:

Will that work in EVO? If so, I might use it... Just call the "invisible" ships some kind of space phenomena... (unstable asteroid, dark matter, shield splurge, something... I dont think the player would really figure out what it was.

but the question... would it work in EVO?

{edit} Nevermind, I would need the outfit to be slightly different based on the quantity of the cargo, so that ships' accelleration and turn rate would vary, depending on the Actual mass of your ship... (eg- Ships would get slower the more cargo and weapons they carried- you know, real physics.) Guess its impossible. If anyone discovers a way, let me know.

This post has been edited by -REDCHIGH- : 19 October 2006 - 02:50 PM