Spinapp

Is there any particular reason why spinapp is better than p2s?

I've never even heard of this "P2S". Could you give a full name?

@lindley, on Oct 3 2006, 09:22 AM, said in Spinapp:

Is there any particular reason why spinapp is better than p2s?

Yes, p2s doesn't work on windows 😉
Jaca, it's from the Nova Tools suite and does the same thing on a mac. And "p2s" is the full name 😛

This post has been edited by Guy : 02 October 2006 - 04:58 PM

frowns I still don't get it. Oh well.

In my opinion, The GIMP is a great Image Manipulation program, also, its free. Speaking of free programs, I also use AbiWord, free Word Processor. Man, I love GNU stuff! It works on any(Mac, Windows, or Linux) computer, and in genneral, its good.

I had some similar issues with EVNEW before...I was able to counter it by making all the black areas slightly not black (using a brightness control). To the eye it wasn't really different (at least not at the small parts that were affected) from being completely black. This prevented EVNEW from making certain parts transparent that shouldn't have been.

Not that this might help you now, but it is a solution to the original problem. Of course, I was using MSPaint to combine my single images into the gridded ones. That was some good times...back before my harddrive crashed and I lost everything related my Arena plug-in (including the new version with increased difficulty and plenty of bug-fixes (many thanks to Edwards)).

Coming back here makes me want to get back into it all...but that'll have to wait until I can get my own computer, instead of borrowing my wife's constantly.

Ah well, I'm being melodramatic anyways. 🙂

Does GIMP stand for Great Image Manipulation Program? 😛

@jacabyte, on Oct 8 2006, 02:37 PM, said in Spinapp:

GNU, not Great.

@jacabyte, on Oct 8 2006, 02:37 PM, said in Spinapp:

@orcaloverbri9, on Oct 8 2006, 02:58 PM, said in Spinapp:

GNU, not Great.

It really could go either way. But the official is, as orca said, G NU I mage M anipulation P rogram.

@gutlesswonder, on Oct 7 2006, 08:01 PM, said in Spinapp:

...back before my harddrive crashed and I lost everything related my Arena plug-in...

Ouch. I'd been wondering what had happened to the improved version of EVN Arena. 😞

Edwards