Which graphic style do you prefer?

Can't say I'm very happy with either, but if I'm going to anywhere I should just advance and come back to those later I guess. Anyway, concentrating on the two different texturing styles, one with very little actual texture, quite shiny, and the other with more dirty-looking one, which do you prefer? When rendered in large sizes (bigger than those), the second definitely looks better, but I'm wondering if the simpler, lighter one isn't better for EVN's small sizes after all...

First, in-game space graphics (the ship is from Polycon):

Attached File Image_1.png (24.54K)
Number of downloads: 58
Attached File Image_4.png (22.13K)
Number of downloads: 55

Then, landing picts:

Attached File W_Arcology_Small_close.jpg (23.11K)
Number of downloads: 59
Attached File test_close.jpg (27.56K)
Number of downloads: 54

@kinniken, on Sep 29 2006, 01:29 PM, said in Which graphic style do you prefer?:

I'm wondering if the simpler, lighter one isn't better for EVN's small sizes after all...

Nope. Definitely go with the more detailed, "dirtier" look.

Allow me to make your life more difficult....

Mix-n-match! Grimy + Neon = Bladerunner!

The one with more textures. Textures are good.

This post has been edited by JacaByte : 29 September 2006 - 01:20 PM

After spending some more time toying with C4D, I have to agree... The "dirty", "textured" versions are better. Bad luck, they require more work and better texturing skills than I have now 😉

@kinniken, on Sep 29 2006, 01:55 PM, said in Which graphic style do you prefer?:

After spending some more time toying with C4D, I have to agree... The "dirty", "textured" versions are better. Bad luck, they require more work and better texturing skills than I have now 😉

photoshop, makes dirt easy