Working on a major plugin

Contribute names for a new race

Ciao everyone,
Im thinking about having the option to rename a whole race/gov't when you conquer all of tis planets. This will only work for my new gov't. So i was wonderign if you guys would like to contribute some names for the pre-set list that you will choose from. It has to be pre-set becuase the only thing you can actually name is yourself and your ship. So any help or ideas would be welcome. =D
Thanks,

73h Üb3r-pwn3d 5uck3rz

jöö göt pwn3d

73h 5üx0rz

mäh b10tch3s

mö biotch3s

😛

Now now, Edwin, no need to be rude to the new guy 😛

Morgrath

Saddlgar

Dieyzn

😄

Veusal

Galinthor

Makretal

Zar-Gutta

Sadorin

Char-Ytan

Thyrill

Aquin'rae

Wegiawelo

Mosintoth

I haven't used any of these. Just nice bunches of letters stuck together to sound cool.

Vanati

Xelfar

Draclu

A few names I used to use for some of my own races.

Kerohim

A'Beth

Byrian

All race names from my books...use 'em now before they're famous. 😛

Nebraskans.

Gel-Ratha (pronounced with a hard G)

This post has been edited by Lord Rama : 22 June 2006 - 12:14 AM

Thanks guys, that should be enough to give the player a few minutes of deciding. =D

@mackilroy, on Jun 21 2006, 03:11 PM, said in Working on a major plugin:

Now now, Edwin, no need to be rude to the new guy 😛

un;ess you want to add in all the accounts i have lost my password to over the years, he's got more posts than me, and seems to have a slightly better knowledge in th is stuff to boot (not having a Mac, moding EVN sucks for me, as i only have one, medium-powerful tool to do it with) i think those two combined make me more of the "new guy"

😛

Heh. I was just lookin for some Random/Mixed words the other day... I used google and got this Great Site. You will never see the same word twice, 'least thats what I expect. Have fun finding random non-existent words.

@edwin-, on Jun 22 2006, 05:01 PM, said in Working on a major plugin:

un;ess you want to add in all the accounts i have lost my password to over the years, he's got more posts than me, and seems to have a slightly better knowledge in th is stuff to boot (not having a Mac, moding EVN sucks for me, as i only have one, medium-powerful tool to do it with) i think those two combined make me more of the "new guy"

Lol, dude im using Windows XP and i dont have a mac anywhere near me available for use. EVNew is good unless you need to make sprites and other images, then its frikin hard.

BTW...anyone know how to make a ship sprite in Strata 3d? :huh:

@wonderboy, on Jun 26 2006, 04:45 PM, said in Working on a major plugin:

Heh. I was just lookin for some Random/Mixed words the other day... I used google and got this Great Site. You will never see the same word twice, 'least thats what I expect. Have fun finding random non-existent words.

Thanks man, i might need some more for planets and people 😄

Sunganni

@chronodrago, on Jun 27 2006, 08:50 AM, said in Working on a major plugin:

BTW...anyone know how to make a ship sprite in Strata 3d? :huh:

Big question, often asked. Use the search feature and/or make a new topic. Member "Jules" (AKA ewan) used to have a tutorial up on making sprites from models in Strata 3D -- here, I believe -- but it's been down for quite a while. I've got an archive of it, actually, but I don't know if he would appreciate me passing it out, or whether he's made it available elsewhere. I'll see if I can reach him....

@wonderboy, on Jun 26 2006, 05:45 PM, said in Working on a major plugin:

I recently discovered this. The most name generators in one place that I know of.

HAHAHA! Dude, Crusader, that site has some realy interesting names.... But the site I mentioned will also do random words, not just names. I found a word that was great as a verb, adverb, ect.

I've been in touch with Ewan, and here's his Strata 3D sprite-spinning tutorial, now hosted on my site. If you have more questions, though, do start a new thread. For one thing, you'll probably attract people who know more about the program than I do. :rolleyes:

if i sit around and hit generate long enough, will i get Hamlet?

Lol, i found out that the names will repeat after a long time, and by then you would have forgotten what the name that was repeated actually was in the first place. Just read the source coding of the internet page and youll see what options the generator uses. 😛

@crusader-alpha, on Jun 27 2006, 11:07 AM, said in Working on a major plugin:

I recently discovered this. The most name generators in one place that I know of.

Great place, but i need a generator for system names.

@chronodrago, on Jun 29 2006, 02:27 PM, said in Working on a major plugin:

Great place, but i need a generator for system names.

You are only looking at the page I linked directly to. If you look at the "generators" tab on the left there are LOADS of links, planet names and elf names work well for systems. Go to "Darkness and Evil", check out the combat area, all of that. Each generator tab even has links to "other generators" on the right. The site is far more capable than just what I linked to.