Capt. Rythan's Quest through Hyperia,

Purely hypothetical scenario...

At present I've taken a break from writing chapters in the AFT guide so that I can broaden my knowledge and make the guide more useful. I've made many small plug-ins for my personal use, but they all tie into the same "Story" and so all of the small plug-ins have been combined into a single plug-in of "medium" size.

Since every new Weap, Outf, Spob, Syst, Dude, Flet, Govt, and Desc revolve around a story I've constructed purely for my own immersion (allowing me to use the plug-in and have it make sense in the EVN universe) I've been thinking of making an entire mission string, a bit larger than one of the six Main Threads in EVN.

The goal is to create an entirely different galaxy which can be reached only via wormholes. It is in this other galaxy that most of the new thread takes place, but it has ties to the normal EVN universe and will bring in familiar characters from the other threads. At present only the frame work has been constructed, but I have a very important question:

When I finish this large plug-in, how many people would be interested in taking the finished product and replacing stand in ships, and other stand in graphics, and making originals based on how they interpret the story?

I'll bet you'll have a much better response if you ask that question subsequent to and not before you are finished.

I have broached this question in the past, and generally the answer has been along the lines of graphics artists are more willing to make models for something that they know already exists (as opposed to a possibility of a TC that will probably be declared vapourware or forgotton by everyone in the know by the end of the year) . If you make a fantastic TC but use the stock graphics as standins, you'll probably be able to find an artist willing to help out.

I'd be interested in taking the finished product, but since the extent of my graphics ability consists entirely of MS Paint, I wouldn't be to good at that aspect of things. 🙂

i have some fairly decent skills in modelling (though i tend to use about ten times the geometry i actually should use, i dont get along with normal mapping, but that doesn't matter for this because the Nova engine doesn't do the render, it uses sprites. (/ramble)) i could be persuaded to brush up on my 3DS Max (unless you want to buy me a copy of maya 7? 😛 ) but i would prefer to work on a project i know is going somewhere. (or better yet, has already gone somehwere)

@belthazar, on Jun 17 2006, 05:01 PM, said in Capt. Rythan's Quest through Hyperia,:

I'd be interested in taking the finished product, but since the extent of my graphics ability consists entirely of MS Paint, I wouldn't be to good at that aspect of things. 🙂

Thanks for the support Belthazar, much appreciated.

And for anyone who misunderstood, I do not want anyone to start work on anything until I give them a completely finished project, as the models you make would be your personal interpretation of the small universe I've created. I will say again that this thread was not made to recruit artists, I started this to get a feel for how many people would be Interested in working on the finished product.