Cant buy outfits for my ship

the ship i designed

Hey guys,
I just made a plugin that gives me this massive warship and it looks really awesome, but i cant buy any outfits for it. I have over 10 mil and plenty of weapon and cargo space. The only outfits i can buy for it are the ones that are a plugin, which i had also designed. The outfits i designed have been working for a long time, and they had no problem with EV Nova, but for some reason my ship does. :huh:
Does anyone know why this is happening?

I have attached the .rez file of my ships but im not sure they might have shown up.... <_<

No, they havent shown up but the problems might be caused by your ship not having any turret or gun mounts. I can't tell 'till you get that file attached.

P.S. Welcome to the boards.

Your attachment is not there because the boards do not allow you to attach a .rez file. Compress it in a zip format preferably or .sit for mac users... And I can't say much either with that little information. How about posting stats of your ship and perhaps even a pilot log could help. Did you try that ship with another pilot?

Wonderboy's weapon mounts also slipped in my mind. What about non-weapon outfits? Did you join the Vell-Os Storyline? Does your ship set some mission bits? Anything?

@wonderboy, on Jun 2 2006, 04:18 PM, said in Cant buy outfits for my ship:

No, they havent shown up but the problems might be caused by your ship not having any turret or gun mounts. I can't tell 'till you get that file attached.

thanks,
I believe the ship has 20 gun mounts and 30 turret mounts. 😄
How do u attach something, i brosed and i hit attach after i had selected the file. Let me try again...

Your problem is that your ship needs to have a certain contribute bit set in order to buy any outfits. Almost every outfit in the game requires that this bit be set, and all normal ships set this bit. This is to prevent the player from putting any outfits on a Vell-os ship.

Look at the Shuttle to see which bit you need to set for your own ship.

Edwards

Edwards do you mean this?
Posted Image

(Edit): Hold on fighting photobucket again.
(Edit 2): Done fighting.

This post has been edited by WonderBoy : 02 June 2006 - 06:57 PM

@wonderboy, on Jun 2 2006, 07:51 PM, said in Cant buy outfits for my ship:

Edwards do you mean this?

Hum, toothpaste?

Anyways, Edwards strikes again and scores! I didn't know that as I didnt make any plug for the original nova that messes with ships. I did it in my TC but the oufits didn't use the require field. Instead, I used mission bits to determine what kind of ship the player has. More flexible as you can check bits with many more ressources than "require" and "contribute" fields.

Ill try to post the file the next time im on..right now im in a hurry. For the contribute section, do i just set it up like a shuttle, or should i put in a different combination? I use EVNew and well i dont really understand the second column, and the bible confuses me there. Like today i just figured out how to make a ship with some animations 😄 usually i make outfits and weapons. Most of my weaps are massive in damage and that makes em fun, especially with the license to kill and no waves plugins....lol
so what is the contribute bit used for? and how do i set mine up?

Just use the same one as the shuttle, unless you want it to be illegal, in which case use the ones that are found on a pirate viper.

Make the ship its self illegal? Or do you mean just what it buys?

This post has been edited by WonderBoy : 02 June 2006 - 08:21 PM

(deleted)

This post has been edited by Crusader Alpha : 02 June 2006 - 08:25 PM

Whatever is this board coming to? The only intelligent post in this topic is Edwards' one. Sorry, that was probably a bit harsh but seriously, why the huge screenshot? I think what he said was plenty clear enough.

(EDIT) Chronodrago there's no need to post your plug, just do as Edwards said and your problem will be fixed.

This post has been edited by Guy : 02 June 2006 - 09:43 PM

@guy, on Jun 2 2006, 08:40 PM, said in Cant buy outfits for my ship:

The only intelligent post in this topic is Edwards' one.

Well, my post was intelligent, but I realized it wasn't at all useful, and deleted it. This post, however, is less intelligent, and possibly less useful. But I must defend myself! 🙂

However, yes, Edwards post was the obvious problem from the beginning, but I guess everyone knows that now, so it probably won't happen again.

Thanks guys, i got it working now. 😄

The screen shot was so that he could find it easier. If I just had that field then he could not have located it as easily(well he probably could have but still).

@wonderboy, on Jun 3 2006, 06:11 PM, said in Cant buy outfits for my ship:

The screen shot was so that he could find it easier. If I just had that field then he could not have located it as easily(well he probably could have but still).

U got that right, the picture was a big help, especially since i never knew what that box did anyways. 😛

YAY! I helped!

P.S. I diden't know what it did either. I mean I knew it had someting to do with bits but I was unsure what.

@wonderboy, on Jun 2 2006, 07:51 PM, said in Cant buy outfits for my ship:

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h66/Mave.../Shuttlerez.jpg

(Edit 2): Done fighting.

In the future, you might have more success encoding an image like that as a .png. Images like that where a lot of it is one color will be much smaller as .png files than as .jpgs. 🙂

Its still a darn small file. A hell of a lot smaller then a .BMP.

You shouldn't really be comparing to .bmp. .bmp is something that should never even be considered.