What 3D Graphics Package Do You Use?

Thanks!

Poll: What 3D Graphics Package Do You Use? (51 member(s) have cast votes)
What 3D Graphics Package Do You Use?
Maya
(2 votes [3.92%])
Percentage of vote: 3.92%
Lightwave 3D
(8 votes [15.69%])
Percentage of vote: 15.69%
3DS Max
(2 votes [3.92%])
Percentage of vote: 3.92%
Strata 3D
(6 votes [11.76%])
Percentage of vote: 11.76%
Cinema 4D
(8 votes [15.69%])
Animation Master
(0 votes [0.00%])
Percentage of vote: 0.00%
Cararra
(0 votes [0.00%])
Blender
(1 votes [1.96%])
Percentage of vote: 1.96%
Cheetah 3D
(0 votes [0.00%])
Wings 3D
(3 votes [5.88%])
Percentage of vote: 5.88%
Bryce
(7 votes [13.73%])
Percentage of vote: 13.73%
Terragen
(3 votes [5.88%])
Mechanisto
(8 votes [15.69%])
Other
(3 votes [5.88%])

I'll be putting this information to a use that'll be helpful to the lot of ya so it's worth your while to vote I think. 🙂

Thanks to Centorian and The Real Darth Bob for indirectly providing this list on the linked topic. Also, if you vote Other , tell us what you use. ~ Thanks

Infini-D & Bryce in tandem
"It's not what you use. It's how you use it... and it's what you use... damn." -me

This post has been edited by Hudson : 17 November 2004 - 06:17 PM

LightWave and Bryce 5. I have also extensively used Infini-D but my experience with it is waning from disuse. 😐 Additionally, I have dinked around with Terragen, and I have used 3ds MAX a fair bit but not extensively, and not for EV related material.

I use Blender with Wings because they're cheap. Wings is pretty easy to master quickly. Blender has animations, modeling, rendering, a Python scripter, but the interface is pretty intimidating. Although, I hear that if you learn to use it right, you can churn out pretty decent graphics fairly quickly.

And photoshop is good, but it's not a 3d editor.

Photoshop is the best 2D image package in existence. Need I say more.

I forgot Infini-D, I knew I had forgotten one... oh well, it's old anyways. 😛

Bryce 5, Wings, and Terragen.

I can make some things on Bryce and use Wings Mainly to model shapes I cannot make correctly in Bryce. Terragen is just awesome.

This post has been edited by The Real Darth Bob : 17 November 2004 - 08:43 PM

Strata 3D 3.02, Wings 3D and Terragen.

I'm falling in love with Wings, it's a superb modeller.

Hooray for free programs! 😛

I honestly feel I'm doing some really 'decent' work with Mechanisto, especially for having just shy of three months' 3D experience. I see a few limitations, but not exactly why everyone knocks it so... Especially considering it's price and fearture set versus, say, Lightwave...

C4D, Wings. Wings 'cause it supports N-gons, C4D because it's the best 3D program ever. Although, I don't use Wings as much as I normally would, because I don't have it on my G5 at home. Only at work.

Blender sometimes, Strata CX othertimes (Although I find myself trying to use Blenders very addictive interface), and Wings to model main mody stuff for anything I make in Strata. I usually add any detail in CX. If I am doing a purely low poly model for realtime 3d I use blender. Blender has a though interface to learn but once you learn it is fast and very easy. One hand of the keyboard, one hand on the mouse.

-Cent

Since we do have a Just Graphics board now, I'm inclined to move this there.

Evil_Spoonman, on Nov 17 2004, 08:42 PM, said:

Photoshop is the best 2D image package in existence. Need I say more.

I forgot Infini-D, I knew I had forgotten one... oh well, it's old anyways. 😛
View Post

You also forgot ElectricImage Universe. It's not that old!

I use Bryce 5, because currently it's the only 3D app I have on this computer I know how to use. I used to use the 3D Toolkit version of EI, but that version was Classic only (which I don't have anymore).

I dunno if you care to hear from me, but the SWN team uses C4D, Maya, Cararra, Photoshop(with Lunarcell), and a variety of other minor things.

Because ping-pong is fun, iMove back to the EV Dev board. 🙂

Retribution uses Photoshop 7/CS, Strata Vision, Strata Pro, Lightwave, Maya, Bryce, Terragen, and the amazing device known as the Charge-Coupled Device.

To continue on the "What does your TC use trend?"

Genesis has Wings, Blender, Bryce, Strata, Terragen, GIMP, and Photoshop.

EVula, on Nov 18 2004, 10:08 PM, said:

Because ping-pong is fun, iMove back to the EV Dev board. 🙂
View Post

With my approval, of course ;).

UE_Research & Development, on Nov 18 2004, 08:11 PM, said:

and the amazing device known as the Charge-Coupled Device.
View Post

My Complementary Metal Oxide Semiconductor challenges your CCD to a duel. 😉

(Kidding!)

I think it's pretty much been covered, but if you're wondering, Aftermath uses Bryce, Infini-D, Photoshop, Illustrator, LightWave, Terragen, and potentially POV-Ray, as far as I know.

Urghh....these new boards suck. Ambrosia, please change them back!

Mechanisto, Mechanisto, Mechanisto.

It's a simple, no-nonsense app capable of some surprising results. A powerful transformation system, minimalist interface, minimal machine requirements and a great little 'make-your-own texture' shader mechanism, hierarchical grouping and dynamic subdivision surfaces. The original geometry of shapes is never lost, so you can go back and change transform settings without having to start from scratch. It also has a nice, clean sense of mathematical accuracy.

Plus it's free.

I just wish it had a better renderer and worked properly under OSX.

NB: For those of you who don't know, I managed (after a great deal of research) to track down the programmer, Mike Clifton, who is now the founder of Lost Marble software (producers of the Moho animation app). He was surprised and delighted to find that people were still using Mechanisto. He's been most helpful in explaining to me, as someone interested in 3D graphics programming, how Mechanisto works under the hood.

Genesis has Wings, Blender, Bryce, Strata, Terragen, GIMP, and Photoshop.

and MAYA :mad: . I hate the smilies of this board. Anyway, Maya 6 is stimply the best thing man has ever made, and it will remain like that until Maya 7 comes out 😛