New EV Override port

GodzFire : a number of people who are testing 1.1.0 were also involved with this. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Shlimazel : it doesn't help when someone takes it super seriously and gets offended over it. ๐Ÿ˜›

@chamrin, on Aug 10 2008, 02:45 AM, said in New EV Override port:

Guess the jokes up. This was the best topic on all the boards in quite a while. It really made me smile ๐Ÿ™‚

Well I'm glad someone liked it :). It's interesting to see that some people took it very seriously while others knew without a doubt that it was a joke.

@shlimazel, on Aug 10 2008, 06:25 AM, said in New EV Override port:

I have to agree with GodzFire. This was in very poor taste. But I think that since you've already apologized, and since it wasn't intended to go this long, it would be rude to continue to be offended, so I forgive you.

At any rate, I'm interested to see what features are contained within the 1.1 update. I'm rooting for multiplayer, though I know that it's not going to happen.

Thank you.
It has been stated elsewhere though that the 1.1 update will not have any new features. The primary purpose of it is to make it compatible with graphics cards which don't support thousands of colours.

It has been stated elsewhere though that the 1.1 update will not have any new features. The primary purpose of it is to make it compatible with graphics cards which don't support thousands of colours.

Ah, I see. Thanks for the information.

Aww. I have been following this from the sidelines for a while and was really hoping it would pan out....

๐Ÿ˜ž

@godzfire, on Aug 9 2008, 11:06 AM, said in New EV Override port:

Wow, so you created this big elaborate post about some mystery port or a new game, let people get all their hopes up for possibly a sequel to EVO or maybe PAC's supposed sequel, but instead it's just some stupid joke?

Nice guys, real nice. You should be ashamed of yourselves

@shlimazel, on Aug 9 2008, 11:25 AM, said in New EV Override port:

I have to agree with GodzFire. This was in very poor taste. But I think that since you've already apologized, and since it wasn't intended to go this long, it would be rude to continue to be offended, so I forgive you.

There is nothing to be ashamed of, if anything you guys should be ashamed for getting upset over this. It caused no harm to anyone, and made many people laugh. This was just a joke which was perpetuated by people on both sides of the one way mirror.

Cham

@rudy, on Aug 9 2008, 02:46 PM, said in New EV Override port:

Really Real?

:ninja:

Not real according to my iPhone :p. Video format not supported.

Oh well, I guess now all I want to know is what I asked in white a few pages back: will 1.1.0 fix the comms flags that make govts that should talk not talk? E.g. Roughnecks, Vella, Dani, etc. Auroran houses, and various Polaris. Sure this is not the best place to ask, but might as well try to get something out of it (the thread) :). Either way I'm sure I'll revisit EVO with it, yet again. Haven't had Nova installed since going Intel Mac... Something to look forward to!

Nice work clearing all this up btw.

I really want to stress a point that came up a couple of replies ago, that there is a large community of strange/deranged people out there who is happy to believe that ANYTHING new is under development concerning the triplet EV/EVO/EVN. We really want something new, all the time, anything really. A minor bug fix is nice, just to see that someone is still working on the games. I understand that this can be exploited to have some fun, and yes, it was fun this time, but I really hope it stops with this thread.

This post has been edited by `___ยด : 10 August 2008 - 08:07 AM

@chamrin, on Aug 9 2008, 11:15 PM, said in New EV Override port:

There is nothing to be ashamed of, if anything you guys should be ashamed for getting upset over this. It caused no harm to anyone, and made many people laugh. This was just a joke which was perpetuated by people on both sides of the one way mirror.

The strangest part is how long it kept going after Guy admitted it was a hoax. I suppose the lesson is to always read the small print. ๐Ÿ™‚

There is nothing to be ashamed of, if anything you guys should be ashamed for getting upset over this.

I am no longer upset over it, because Guy apologized and I'm willing to bury the hatchet. In the interests of clarity, I feel I ought to explain my position.

Have any of you perhaps considered that we got upset about it because we found it upsetting? I can't see how this was funny. It made me angry to see people that I respect exploiting people's fond wish for EV4 to have a laugh. I see absolutely no reason why I should be ashamed about asking it be stopped.

@chamrin, on Aug 9 2008, 10:15 PM, said in New EV Override port:

Cham

Right. No need to be ashamed even though you got laughs at other player's expense who were being hopeful for something new. It caused harm to me; disappointment. Try switching sides and then see how you feel.

Whether you want to admit it or not, it was immature and childish.

Also do me a favor and show me where someone came out and said, "Hey guys, sorry about this, but we were just joking."

Come on, even if EV4 did exist they couldn't just start posting about it on the forums. I hope no one took this topic that seriously. Although I'll admit the dedication to the charade was a bit puzzling around month 2

Hey, aren't you the guy who was working on that multiplayer, ev style game a while ago? How's that coming?

team23 is right, you wouldn't hear about it from us, it'd be in the official Progress Log forum first, and then you'd find out about it later.

Shlim: you think we don't want EV4? I wasn't sure this wasn't a joke at first, so I went ahead and PMed Guy about it instead of getting my hopes up and then waiting for them to be dashed or otherwise.

I am sorry that some people are still very upset about this but I make no apologies for starting the topic.

@-___-, on Aug 11 2008, 01:06 AM, said in New EV Override port:

A minor bug fix is nice, just to see that someone is still working on the games. I understand that this can be exploited to have some fun, and yes, it was fun this time, but I really hope it stops with this thread.

For the record, I knew nothing about EVN 1.1 at the time I started this topic so I wasn't exploiting that. It certainly did add to the confusion though.
(edit) In fact, when rudy first showed me a screenshot I thought it was his own joke :rolleyes:

@mackilroy, on Aug 11 2008, 07:32 AM, said in New EV Override port:

Shlim: you think we don't want EV4? I wasn't sure this wasn't a joke at first, so I went ahead and PMed Guy about it instead of getting my hopes up and then waiting for them to be dashed or otherwise.

There were only two other people who privately asked me about it but neither of them ever posted in this thread.

This post has been edited by Guy : 11 August 2008 - 12:46 AM

@martinz, on Aug 10 2008, 06:11 AM, said in New EV Override port:

Not real according to my iPhone :p. Video format not supported.

how about this one?

winter

@rudy, on Aug 11 2008, 11:01 AM, said in New EV Override port:

how about this one?

winter

Huh, that beam look really weird... Are you sure it's not auto-machine gunning?

@jacabyte, on Aug 11 2008, 12:30 PM, said in New EV Override port:

Huh, that beam look really weird... Are you sure it's not auto-machine gunning?

Looked exactly like mine before I downloaded Qaanol's plugs

I do miss the "Lightning Death" sometimes ๐Ÿ˜ž

@kingofvwcosmos, on Aug 11 2008, 02:29 PM, said in New EV Override port:

Looked exactly like mine before I downloaded Qaanol's plugs

I do miss the "Lightning Death" sometimes ๐Ÿ˜ž

take 2. :ninja:

@martinz, on Aug 10 2008, 10:11 PM, said in New EV Override port:

Oh well, I guess now all I want to know is what I asked in white a few pages back: will 1.1.0 fix the comms flags that make govts that should talk not talk? E.g. Roughnecks, Vella, Dani, etc. Auroran houses, and various Polaris.

The description of the flag in the bible reads:
"When hailing ships of this govt, the request assistance / beg for mercy button is disabled and the govt is not talkative."
So the flag appears to be working as intended, though whether or not the flag was intended to be set I can't say. The flag itself does seem odd to me though. If you can't talk to them, request assistance or beg for mercy, what is the point of being able to hail them at all? Why not just use the "Can't hail ships of this govt" flag?

@rudy, on Aug 11 2008, 09:15 PM, said in New EV Override port:

take 2. :ninja:

Much better. ๐Ÿ™‚