Haha, go EV

Preserved forever on Wikipedia

In zipping through some old Mac OS articles on Wikipedia, I happened to notice some rather stylish icons.

Just thought I'd share. 🙂

Hahaha... That's awesome. Nice find.

Hahahaha. I wonder who took that image.

Ha, why I'll be danged...

Nice one. You've got sharp eyes.

28.1MB Available...ah, those were the good ol' days.

@evula, on Jul 7 2008, 03:10 PM, said in Haha, go EV:

In zipping through some old Mac OS articles on Wikipedia, I happened to notice some rather stylish icons.

Just thought I'd share. 🙂

EV on a ram disk. Zipping right along indeed!

Cham

Brilliant 🙂

Wow what are the chances.... 🙂

Yeah, I've seen that before actually. Pretty cool.

It makes me cry. We used to have an old Mac computer like that. I remember playing Simcity 2000, Oregon Trail, Amazon Trail, Word Muncher...oh, those were the very old good ole' days...:(

Stuntcopter FTW. 🙂

Oh, how I miss those days. I swear, the second I get my new job and have some flow of income...I WILL revive the old mac my Dad sent me...the one he's had around and been upgrading since the early 1990s.

@dash_merc, on Jul 29 2008, 09:23 PM, said in Haha, go EV:

Oh, how I miss those days. I swear, the second I get my new job and have some flow of income...I WILL revive the old mac my Dad sent me...the one he's had around and been upgrading since the early 1990s.

When I get my own house (rather than the apartment I have now), I fully hope to hook my old G4 (or even my Rev C iMac!) back up so I can kick around Classic every once and a while (and then I could install 10.5 on my G5 iMac).

I dig. I dig much.

Man, it's been so long since I've used anything that isn't OSX that I completely forgot about that little taskbar on the bottom left.

@kid-charlemagne, on Aug 10 2008, 02:13 AM, said in Haha, go EV:

I dig. I dig much.

Man, it's been so long since I've used anything that isn't OSX that I completely forgot about that little taskbar on the bottom left.

You mean the control strip? Yeah, good times.

@cippy, on Aug 10 2008, 09:01 AM, said in Haha, go EV:

You mean the control strip? Yeah, good times.

That's what it was. Right. Shift+Command+S, sniff I'll never forget those days!

To revive the Olden Days, you can install a handy program called Basilisk II. It is not completely fit for running EVC, but it does work.

A setup guide (because it isn't very easy) can be found here:
http://www.macscene.net/wiki/index.php/Bas..._II_Setup_Guide

Or you can buy a MDD G4 for $300 and install OS X and OS 9 on it so you can dual boot it, like I did. 😉

You mean you guys don't still keep and use every mac you've ever had?!?

I've got a PPC G3 beige hooked up right now running OS 9, I've got a Clamshell under my bed running the same thing, and I've got my dad's PowerBook 165 in a drawer right... here running OS 7.
Well, I don't want to be an irritating poop slinging monkey, so I'll say mildly constructive too.

Anyone ever play Fungus? How about Spin Doctor? Fly, Don't Die?
Loved those games. Sadly, I never played EV or EVO. Too boring for a 7 year old 😛

-Peter

I've still got my old 266 iMac G3. It was the first computer I ever bought with my own money, and I'll be damned if I can bring myself to part with it...