Government Jamming and an SAD bug

My complaints: SADs NEVER hit their target although they seem to home in on me just fine even with an ECM system. A zidagar ECM system would solve my problems entirely, and from the behavior of SADs you'd think every ship in the game had one.

I am thinking of making a plug-in to fix this and make SADs and SAEs actually worth something against alien ships, so I would like to know if anyone shares my opinion that governments should not have strong jamming for every weapon in the game.

As for my bug: The SAD modules in EVO 1.0.2 seem to use the plasma siphon sprites for 1 frame at regular intervals, so for a moment an SAD module looks like a plasma siphon shot. I haven't been able to tell if this occurs every time the SAD module runs through its animation or on a different schedule. Has anyone else experienced this?

Yea, I've noticed the SAD/Plasma Siphon bug thing, but I just fixed it with a little plug-in. Just replace the new graphic with the old one.

------------------
Confucius say: "Man who stand on toilet, is high on pot."

YES! I am frustrated as hell with the new system about SADs. Here's my predicament:

Before I never much cared for SADs since they seem to have a bad habit of constantly hitting asteroids when I launch them. So I wrote them off as a junk weapon, and almost never got hit by one.

Now I have 1.0.2, and suddenly, lo' and behold, they kick ass, but only against ME!!! I try getting them, but like all the guided weapons, they suck when I use them, but unlike other guided weapons, they find their mark on me just FINE! BLEAH! I wouldn't mind so much if I could at least have some that hit their mark, so that it didn't feel like I was being discriminated against in my choice of firepower. 😉

------------------
Don't don't don' let's start. This is the worst part. To believe for all the world that you're my precious little girl. Don't don't don' let's start. I've got a big heart, and I don't get around how you... get around.

Okay it might take me a while to get around to it, but an SAD fix is now on my To Do list.

------------------
"Eat vaccum, sucker - our defense fleet is on its way."

- Freeport's last words.

Originally posted by Servack:
**Yea, I've noticed the SAD/Plasma Siphon bug thing, but I just fixed it with a little plug-in. Just replace the new graphic with the old one.

What do you mean? I tried pasting the old SAD sprites into a plug-in and the bug still persists, although I can't see how the heck that would do anything in the first place.

------------------
- Lone "Darn, its not in the spellchecker!" Igadzra

Helloooooooooo

------------------

Originally posted by LoneIgadzra:
**Helloooooooooo

Uh, hi.. 😜

------------------
-Shade

<---- The information went data way ---->

"It's your asphalt."

(url="http://"http://www.theonion.com")The Onion, America's finest news source(/url)

SAD's work just fine, ya just gotta face your enemy, thats all.

Originally posted by Servack:
**Yea, I've noticed the SAD/Plasma Siphon bug thing, but I just fixed it with a little plug-in. Just replace the new graphic with the old one.

Whoa...I'm also having the same problem. It's not the graphics...I believe. They're exactly the same...in fact, the graphics doesn't even change, between 1.0.1 and 1.0.2. I've had that problem w/ Quantum Torpedoes...from my St plug...weird.

------------------
~Kwanza~

"Quoted the Kwanza Man...nevermore"

Now if Servack (who said he fixed the problem with a little plug-in) would just act on a hunch and check this thread out...

I know you need to be facing your target with SADs, but even then they often just do loopdy-loops.

------------------

it never had that problem fer me unless i was facing the wrong way

Originally posted by **Îśľ:
it never had that problem fer me unless i was facing the wrong way

Hey... three star... weird P... uh... guy. You should become a member! just rethink your name so I don't have to call you "that-weird-P-guy" all the time :).

------------------
Feel the Jive
------------------
(Insert cool quote here)
------------------

its supposed ta be oedipus with some messed up letters, but it didnt werk. im new to the board, so how do i register?

tha names spelled : (omega)(epsilon)(script-like "d")ya know the next three("f"-hole on a bass)

never mind, i saw where ta register,

SAD's,SAE's and Needle Missiles don't work properly anymore in EVO 1.0.2. however they worked perfectly in EVO 1.0.1. SAD's do the same strange things ( circling, figure of 8's, loops etc ) even when fired at disabled ships ( there were no other ships present at the time ) so it can't be related to jamming, unless disabled ships can still jam incoming guided weapons.

------------------