Storm Valley Rest Area

Thok yawned. "I have decided it has been too long since I last built a death trap."
Thok then creates a small wodd stand with a red button on it, over which is a label that reads in neon green letters, 'DO NOT PUSH'. Thok pulls out an escape ring, and slips it on, just in case. Thok hits the button. the floor vanished under him, and un-vanished just after Thok had landed in the death trap...

OV reaches for Thok but Thok falls anf falls. "Anyone have any rope?"

------------------
You have been overriden by Overrider. Prepare to die evil scum! -Me
All quiet on the western Front. But not for long.... OH SAY CAN YOU SEE!!!!!!!!........
The Underdogs Smiles:(url="http://"http://community.theunderdogs.org/smiley/gallery.htm")Underdog Smiles(/url)
AIM: Overrider720, Ferazel17 or WhiteStreak7

Suddenly, a British-looking fellow walks in, absolutely drenched "What 'o all!" he says. "I'm afraid I'm not used to this sort of weather, got caught outside without an umbrella. I say, a guestbook! Don't mind if I sign it." He signs the book, grabs a stool and asks for (what else?) a whisky with a splash of soda. MonsterLady brings him one, and Bertram (that's his name ;)) looks around and asks, "What in the bally heck has been going on here?" He is quickly filled in on the current situation. Bertram then exclaims, "Rope, you need rope? Let me pull some out of my magic pocket!" He reaches into his pocket, which looks too small to hold anything, and pulls out 50 yards of rope. "Will this do?" he says with a grin.

------------------
In the Land of Fwaah, there is much...... fwaah. And the people of the Land of Fwaah, they..... well, they fwaah a lot.

A strange female type person walks in, wearing a long robe covered with multi-coloured stars.
"Just popped in to sign the guestbook" she says. "Oh, and can I have a coke please - I'm much too old to drink."
She signs the guestbook and sits down in a corner.
"Don't mind me, I'm not really here," she says. "I just send my projection because I get jetlag when I use the broomstick."
She slowly fades into the background leaving only an empty glass.

------------------
"I don't suffer from insanity,
I enjoy every minute of it." 🙂

John sits up, says "How awfully interesting!" and takes the rope and lassos Thok's traps. They fall apart, revealing a large purple blob. The blob, repulsed by many fireballs, goes to the spot where Thok fell. It starts to slide through the floor. John quickly attaches the rope to the blob, as the blob falls towards Thok....

------------------
macmaxbh
"I don't need romance." Zak Kebron told her confidently. "I have goldfish."

Originally posted by Thok:
..and un-vanished just after Thok had landed in the death trap...

Thok bursts through the door, yawning. He looked at where his trap was, and a look of disapproval spread across his face. "Why the $&%&ing; @%#& did you do that?!? I had an escape ring! And my wad of rez necklaces!" Thok sighed and began to reconstruct his death trap. A few moments after Thok had completed his work, Koht walked through the door, missing his head. His limbs were badly mended together with packing tape. He stumbled about, and, having no head, didn't read the warning on Thok's death trap. The floor vanished beneath Koht and he fell through just before the floor reappeared.

MonsterLady admonishes Thok not to leave deathtraps lying around her cabin.

"I'm off to get more provisions" she says to the group as she puts on her cloak.

"How about we have some sort of feast when I get back? Should take me about a week, so we could have it on the next day...hmm that makes it next Thursday."

She looks around the room. "Any special requests?"

To herself "Hmm - I wonder how many people will show up for dinner?"

------------------
It is better to remain silent and be thought an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. (I wish I could remember this before posting!)

well turkey would be in spirit wouldn't it?

------------------
"A million Monkeys at a Million type-writers will eventually run out of ink"

Originally posted by clam 2000:
**well turkey would be in spirit wouldn't it?

"One drunk turkey" MonsterLady writes on her list.

(That would be turkey in spirit for those of you that don't get it.)

------------------
It is better to remain silent and be thought an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. (I wish I could remember this before posting!)

"I have a fearsome story to tell. Once apon a time, Ferazel was going down the dig, under my supervision. He was at the max of his, current, possible health. He stumbled into a death powerup. He survived." The crowd gasped. "He then hit another death powerup. The end. Of him, at least."

"Very nice story, Thok." MonsterLady responded absentmindedly.

"Now, do you want yams or sweet potatoes?"

------------------

Merciless trudges into the general vicinity and collapses on the ground with a catastrophic thud.

------------------
-- Jeff

Zelda trudges in after Merciless, kneels down to examine him and smiles.
"I think we'll stay for Thanksgiving, Monster Lady. I'm interested to see how a Canadian will celebrate the holiday. Oh, Merc could use a bed to sleep it off and some black coffee when he finally wakes up."

------------------
I am your Fairy Godmoderator.

Hey, if you're in love with someone, then you have every right to completely screw up their life.--cynical me!

MonsterLady helps Zelda drag Merciless into the warmth near the fire.

"He should be comfortable there." Merciless is wrapped in a down comforter and settled onto a soft mattress.

(Aside - Actually, we already celebrated Canadian Thanksgiving at the Storm Valley Rest Area. If you look at the post on October 7th you'll see an astounding array of food was served then, even though Thanksgiving was on the 8th, but I was busy then cooking IRL. We're just having a feast this week for our American friends so they can celebrate too. And I hope everyone will join in! ML)

------------------

There came a feeble scratching on the door, so Zelda opened it, since MonsterLady was busy with the yams. Morgan fell through and landed in a heap. "Briiiiiiiiiine....I need briiiiiiiine!" Zelda helped her to the pool for a soak and gave her a cup of tea. After restoring herself, Morgan said,"On October 4, I left alone to look for OV and got lost. I have been wandering around in circles, getting stung by bees and falling into this terrible brush that really smarted. I hope you had better luck finding him than I did. I need someone to bring me up to date on what has been happening. What's the date? Why do I have this terrible urge to roast a turkey? Is that Merciless in the corner? 😕

------------------
Put all your eggs in one basket and -- WATCH THAT BASKET.

I'm here morgans, but thank you for looking.

So are there any more poppyseed muffins?

(Yes, I am back :))

------------------
You have been overriden by Overrider. Prepare to die evil scum! -Me
All quiet on the western Front. But not for long.... OH SAY CAN YOU SEE!!!!!!!!........
The Underdogs Smiles:(url="http://"http://community.theunderdogs.org/smiley/gallery.htm")Underdog Smiles(/url)
AIM: Overrider720, Ferazel17 or WhiteStreak7

Liz the Wiz staggers into the rest area carrying an enormous tray of Popyseed Muffins. "You can wait until Thursday if you like," she says, "but I need to celebrate now. I've just finished my levels and I'm bushed. Anyone want a muffin?"

------------------
Liz the Wiz:)

"I don't suffer from insanity,
I enjoy every minute of it." 🙂

Thok ran outside, holding on umbrella above him. He pulls out his ice pick just as the armadillopines, who had camped near the entrance to the cabin, ran after him. He balanced the umbrella on his head and stabbed his spikey foes. He nabbed the coins, and brought a chest, soaking wet, inside with him. "This here chest contains my holiday savings.. 50,000 coins worth. In silver." Thok grinned at the evilness of his chest, and opened it. thousands of little silver coins spewed across the room, Thok grabbing each extremely quick.

(QUOTE)Originally posted by Thok: Thok grinned at the evilness of his chest, and opened it. thousands of little silver coins spewed across the room, Thok grabbing each extremely quick.(/B)(/QUOTE

"Here, Thok, let me help you", exclaimed Morgan. "Say...didn't I mistake Koht for you a while back? Someone must have revived you. I am really glad they did. Whatever happened to Koht? MonsterLady said he was your evil twin. Well, he sure did look like you." I wish I had some of this money. I need to buy a really big turkey for Thanksgiving. There are so many people popping in and out of this cabin, that maybe I should roast two turkeys. It was nice of lizwhiz to bring all these poppyseed muffins, but we're going to need more than that to feed this crowd. I really like to cook Thanksgiving the American way, but understand MonsterLady cooked a Canadian Thanksgiving feast. Did you have any of that meal? Okay, if I do the turkeys, dressing, mashed potatoes and gravy and make a huge Waldorf salad, what can you bring? I'm not usually this talkative, but Zelda made me a cup of tea that made me jabber like a monkey. Wonder what was in it?"

------------------
Put all your eggs in one basket and -- WATCH THAT BASKET.

MonsterLady walks back into the cabin, loaded down with supplies. She trips and stumbles on the slippery coins on the floor.

"Ooff, my back" she exclaims. Merciless, by now recovered, drags her over to the Ziridium brine where she quickly recovers.

She reaches into a cupboard and hands Morgans a pill. "Here, take this, it will calm you down."

"Now, my back is still a little sore, so you guys are going to have to pitch in for our feast. We've got turkeys. They need stuffing. I've got yams, potatoes, carrots, parsnips (OV quit making that face - you don't have to eat any of them), and Morgans has said she'll make a Waldorf salad."

"Now - who's going to help?"

------------------