That Buried Rez necklace!

Okay, how do I get to the buried Rez necklace in Fire in the Hole? I've got the V-blade and I walked over where it was and used it but that just made a space around it. I went under the level it was on but can't find it from beneath. Where is it? How do I get it?

Eve 😕

------------------
Places to go and people to be!

Originally posted by RoseTower:
**Okay, how do I get to the buried Rez necklace in Fire in the Hole? I've got the V-blade and I walked over where it was and used it but that just made a space around it. I went under the level it was on but can't find it from beneath. Where is it? How do I get it?

Eve 😕

I think you have to use a combination of things to get to it. Try tossing fireballs along the hole you dug down with the V-Blade.

---Zelda

------------------
All I know is that wherever Ben goes, great software follows--Merciless

Actually if you just use the V blade at the point that you get it, and then walk to the right (firing it off continually) you'll find a passage way opens up going down and then another passage opens also in the middle of the rock.

I also like to use the V blade to kill the flying thingies that are underneath.

------------------

I think you need to use v-blade to carve a tunnel to the LEFT of the necklace, and a shaft will eventually be cut into your hole. It goes down further to another part of the level.

Slightly off-topic, has ANYONE found the key for this level? I still need it.

------------------

Originally posted by TomRix:
**I think you need to use v-blade to carve a tunnel to the LEFT of the necklace, and a shaft will eventually be cut into your hole. It goes down further to another part of the level.

Slightly off-topic, has ANYONE found the key for this level? I still need it.

I'll go back and run through the level again for you - I can't really remember getting a key in this level. What is it supposed to open?

------------------

Well, the gold or silver key that opens the upper-right door, which I presume blocks the exit. I scoured the level up and down but got so sick of it that I just beat up Xichra without even facing the fire guardians. (1) So, I've finished the game without seeing two or three levels of it.

(1) I even did it without FerazEdit and with three or four necklaces in reserve. It was on a rather slow machine, though ;).

Originally posted by MonsterLady:
**Actually if you just use the V blade at the point that you get it, and then walk to the right (firing it off continually) you'll find a passage way opens up going down and then another passage opens also in the middle of the rock.

I also like to use the V blade to kill the flying thingies that are underneath.

DOH!!! Thank you. :redface:

Eve

------------------
Places to go and people to be!

**Well, the gold or silver key that opens the upper-right door, which I presume blocks the exit. I scoured the level up and down but got so sick of it that I just beat up Xichra without even facing the fire guardians. (1) So, I've finished the game without seeing two or three levels of it.

(1) I even did it without FerazEdit and with three or four necklaces in reserve. It was on a rather slow machine, though ;).**

Go down from the point where you get the V-blade. Go to the left. Get the JUMP powerup.
Jump up to the very top. Go to the right. There is a small purple pool with a box. The key is in the box.

------------------

Well, okay. I'll believe you. I remember some crates there but no chest. Searching further, I fell through some fire pits and everything. I trust that my key's in the void now. Oh, well. The fire guardians are lucky then.

-sigh-

Thanks for the help.

------------------

**Well, okay. I'll believe you. I remember some crates there but no chest. Searching further, I fell through some fire pits and everything. I trust that my key's in the void now. Oh, well. The fire guardians are lucky then.

-sigh-

Thanks for the help.

I went back and did the level in a different order, and the key wasn't there! So there must be a bug. You should really try to get through that door, because you haven't lived until you've seen the rolling fire levels. Try going through the level in a different order - go to the left first - get the V blade, then go down and then use the jump powerup to go to the very top of the far left. The key is usually there! Do all this before going down or to the right (when I went down & to the right first, when I got to the place where the key usually is, there was just a big nothing where the key usually is. Go figure!
If all else fails use Ferazedit. Trust me - the rest of the fire levels shouldn't be missed.

------------------

Originally posted by MonsterLady:
**Trust me - the rest of the fire levels shouldn't be missed.

Um... I disagree... I think I spent more time on the first rolling fire one trying to get all the goodies than on all the rest of the levels.

Ouch! Roast habnabit, anyone?

------------------
EV Haiku- by Matt Burch
Turrets spit blue flame
I laugh as a patrol ship
Turns into space dust

You don't need to bother trying to get all the goodies - just the crucial ones like rez necklaces and escape rings.

------------------
"Si hanc sententiam legere potes, tum es
et optime educatus et vitam non habens."