I suck.

I can't pass the 1st level when I made it outside. I suck. I suck bad. I'm terrible. I can't do sh*t. I can't do anything.

------------------
"The Golden Arches! The Golden Arches got me!"
-Cow
Noah:"All right, in alphebetical order."
Zebra:"Damn."
by Gary Larson

Originally posted by Rip C. Evumizar:
**I can't pass the 1st level when I made it outside. I suck. I suck bad. I'm terrible. I can't do sh*t. I can't do anything.

You...don't go outside on the first level? Are you talking about a Scent of Peril? That's the first level. 🙂

This game is difficult, you're going to die a lot, that's why there are the save points. Else we wouldn't need them. Just keep going at it. There is something new to figure out all the time, but once you do you'll discover that nothing is really impossible to accomplish. Where are you stuck exactly? Is it a monster? An area you can't get into? If you can be a bit more specific with what you need help with, you'll find there's a plethora of wisdom and help on this board to help you get through. I know it helped me!!

---Zelda

------------------
The difference between men and women is simple: men are insane and women are idiots.

Originally posted by Zelda:
**You...don't go outside on the first level? Are you talking about a Scent of Peril? That's the first level.:)

This game is difficult, you're going to die a lot, that's why there are the save points. Else we wouldn't need them. Just keep going at it. There is something new to figure out all the time, but once you do you'll discover that nothing is really impossible to accomplish. Where are you stuck exactly? Is it a monster? An area you can't get into? If you can be a bit more specific with what you need help with, you'll find there's a plethora of wisdom and help on this board to help you get through. I know it helped me!!

---Zelda

You're always the first to reply.

I always die from those swarms of bugs and the goblin. If I pass that, I die from the fish. I always do. No matter what. Always. It's like I'm jinxed or something.

------------------
-Cow
by Gary Larson

Are you playing the demo?

------------------

**You're always the first to reply.

I always die from those swarms of bugs and the goblin. If I pass that, I die from the fish. I always do. No matter what. Always. It's like I'm jinxed or something.

I'm the first because I care so darn much. 🙂

Fish? Are you in the River of Fears? I dont' recall any bug swarms in that level. The first time I remember bug swarms is in Unemployed in Greenland. You get the boomerang spell there which helps tremendously.And if it's River of Fears...just avoid the fish for now. You can always go back and kill them later. When you have the V-blade for instance.... 🙂

---Zelda

------------------
The difference between men and women is simple: men are insane and women are idiots.

Originally posted by Zelda:
**Fish? Are you in the River of Fears? I dont' recall any bug swarms in that level

There are two swarms of bugs/bees/whatever at the very beginning, I think. I know there's a swarm, then a goblin, and then I think there's another swarm. It's all before you get to the water.

Nif

------------------

Originally posted by MissNif:
**There are two swarms of bugs/bees/whatever at the very beginning, I think. I know there's a swarm, then a goblin, and then I think there's another swarm. It's all before you get to the water.

Nif

They looked like butterflies to me - pesky ones! You just have to fire away at them and keep turning (in other words shoot left, shoot right, shoot left, etc).

------------------

I've found that the best way to deal with bug swarms is to taunt their slowness. Zap 'em half a dozen times, run away a little ways, then turn and zap 'em some more. You can usually take 'em out without getting hit at all.

------------------
“If a little knowledge is dangerous, where is the man who has so much as to be out of danger?” - T.H. Huxley

But what about those um aquatic organisms deep in a common liquid on the surface of a round ball of rock orbiting a giant ball of gas in space?

------------------
-Cow
by Gary Larson

Just ignore the little fishies and come back later (with the V blade). Don't stay underwater too long - come up for air or your health will diminish.

------------------

Originally posted by MonsterLady:
**Just ignore the little fishies and come back later (with the V blade). Don't stay underwater too long - come up for air or your health will diminish.

I don't think there's a V-Blade in the Scent of Peril.

------------------
-Cow
by Gary Larson

Hey Adzy- You get the V-Blade spell in Fire in the Hole... Are you playing the full version??

-Cal

------------------
Calvin Crane
"I'm not always right, but
I'm never wrong"

**I don't think there's a V-Blade in the Scent of Peril.

There isn't. You won't get the V-Blade until you register the full version. But if the fish are too hard for you, skip them. There's nothing that says you have to kill everything. Each fish marches back and forth in it's own little path so they really are fairly easy to avoid if you wish to. Once you get the full version you'll be able to return to levels to kill stuff you didn't get to and pick up secrets and treasures you missed the first time around. Unfortunately, you can't do that in the demo.

---Zelda

------------------

Next problem: the frogs and lack of magic.

I didn't register(yet).

------------------
-Cow
by Gary Larson

**Next problem: the frogs and lack of magic.

I didn't register(yet).

Make sure you load up on health and energy potions from Rojink or whatever his name is. I think you can purchase one health potion and two energy potions. You should have those before you leave Scent of Peril. Run away from the frogs if you don't have magic (they're pretty stupid really...and they'll jump into the water if you go back in. I believe that kills them. You can get some of the goblins to jump into the water as well.) There are tons of boulders around that you can get health and energy crystals from. Stabbing them with your dagger works as well as a fireball.

---Zelda

------------------