Question about EV

After years of playing and thoroughly enjoying EVN, I finally got around to downloading the EV and EVO ports for Nova. I've been enjoying EV for a few weeks now, but I'm wondering: is there any "end" to the story? I seem to have gone as far as I can working for the Rebels. I have a cloaking device, a tractor beam, and access to buy Rebel ships, but is that as far as the Rebel storyline goes?

I'm definitely used to the Nova way of things, with each "main" storyline having a definite ending point. Does EV have any sort of ending, or do I just drift through subplots until I've done them all?

@x-arnor, on 19 April 2012 - 02:32 PM, said in Question about EV:

After years of playing and thoroughly enjoying EVN, I finally got around to downloading the EV and EVO ports for Nova. I've been enjoying EV for a few weeks now, but I'm wondering: is there any "end" to the story? I seem to have gone as far as I can working for the Rebels. I have a cloaking device, a tractor beam, and access to buy Rebel ships, but is that as far as the Rebel storyline goes?

If you've

Spoiler

defeated the aliens

, game's over.

I'm definitely used to the Nova way of things, with each "main" storyline having a definite ending point. Does EV have any sort of ending, or do I just drift through subplots until I've done them all?

People who played EV first tend to prefer the open ended approach, people who played EVN first tend to prefer the linearity. Funny thing.

I don't know that EV has that many notable subplots either. EVO has a lot more to do once you've resolved a particular string.

@lizard, on 19 April 2012 - 02:52 PM, said in Question about EV:

I don't know that EV has that many notable subplots either. EVO has a lot more to do once you've resolved a particular string.

There’s the Artemis Group, United Shipping, Starbound, Diphidia II, and that sort of thing.

Yes, I've defeated the aliens. Seems a bit anti-climatic (took me quite a few tries to beat them), but at the same time, there is no sense of "it's all over now, time to quit", so I can see the appeal. I still have a few subplots to explore.

Thanks for the replies.

@x-arnor, on 19 April 2012 - 06:40 PM, said in Question about EV:

Yes, I've defeated the aliens. Seems a bit anti-climatic (took me quite a few tries to beat them), but at the same time, there is no sense of "it's all over now, time to quit", so I can see the appeal. I still have a few subplots to explore.

Thanks for the replies.

you could just do what the rest of us did when we beat it and slowly take over the entire galaxy. though taking over the sol system takes hours.

@x-arnor, on 19 April 2012 - 06:40 PM, said in Question about EV:

Thanks for the replies.

Easiest way I kill the Aliens is by using Javelins. Don't know why, but my Kestrel outfitted with Javelins actually does the job.

@avi-kerensky, on 06 May 2012 - 10:21 PM, said in Question about EV:

Easiest way I kill the Aliens is by using Javelins. Don't know why, but my Kestrel outfitted with Javelins actually does the job.

So true, I beat the Aliens recently using an Argosy with Javs.

After years of playing and thoroughly enjoying EVN, I finally got around to downloading the EV and EVO ports for Nova.

I just did the same thing, funny how after fifteen years it is still so addictive!