Confed String: Locate Rebel Fleet

They hide very well. :E

Alright, EV 1.0.5. I'm doing the Confed string and I just got a mission from a Confed Officer. It's the one where he says Confed listening posts have picked up info from Rebel comms about a fleet being built up somewhere, and I have to go find it and return to New Britain with information on their location.
So I picked up a scoutship and explored every Rebel and Independent system by looking at a completely explored map on my other pilot, and I've searched every uninhabited system between Rebel, Independent, and Confed space and found no fleet.
Am I missing something? Are they perhaps in a Pirate system or one of the outer dead-end "strings" of uninhabited systems around the fringes? Do I have to land somewhere and pick up information about their whereabouts before I can find the fleet anywhere?

Always the Adhara System. South-west of Alcyon

Hmm? I swear I searched that system, though I wouldn't be surprised if I DID miss it, I'm not always as efficient as I try to be. xD
I'll go look there, thanks for the help.

Good ol' Task Force Eighteen!

Task-Force Seven. <_<

New question, I don't think it really warrents a brand-new topic since I already have one asking for help... how do I start the confed alien missions? I have a deadly rating, does it need to be higher?

@iced_plasma, on Jul 6 2008, 06:36 PM, said in Confed String: Locate Rebel Fleet:

Task-Force Seven. <_<

New question, I don't think it really warrents a brand-new topic since I already have one asking for help... how do I start the confed alien missions? I have a deadly rating, does it need to be higher?

Needs to be ultimate

Oh a true EVC fan will always know it as Task-Force Eighteen.... It appears you are not one 😞

(In the earlier versions of the game back when I played EVC on my powermac :wub: the task force was known as the above... I've never understood why they changed it.....?)

Oh... yeah, I never had EVC until 1.0.5. Not exactly my fault, there was only one short period of time my old Power PC was connected to the internet. since I've had it.

I've played every version of EVC at one time or another... You'll never experience the beautiful Neutron Cannon bug :wub: now thats saves time killing things... (you'll have to experience that to know what it is :))

I never had my power mac connected to the internet I've got literally 50 or so games world cds (they apparently came free with some computer magazine my dad's mate was collecting and he saved them up and gave them all to me :wub:). Also played the older versions of bubble trouble through them aswell (never completed it and it doesn't have the cut off point... the levels just go on and on and on....).

Those were the days :wub:

This post has been edited by undead_shadow : 08 July 2008 - 05:51 AM