Cant Play game on Leopard OS, is there a patch to fix this

File says does not support old version

I just downloaded the game from both ambrosia and download.com today and have not been able to play. The file says Classic Environment no longer supported. Is there any way to fix this and play the game in Leopard OS?

If you're referring to the original Escape Velocity, the best thing you can do is download EV:Nova, pay for it, and then install the EV Classic plugin. This will allow you to play classic EV on newer operating systems. ( I haven't had a Mac in 4 years so someone please correct me if I'm wrong here...)

-AJ

You're correct.

The best way to play EV and EVO on OS X is to Register EV Nova (this lets you use plug-ins). Then download the EV and EVO Plugs from the addons section and play them through EV Nova.

Cham

Or you could partition your HD and install Classic.

I play EV on my old 7600 PowerPC. It's not as fast or as sexy as the Nova Port, but it's still fun. 🙂

@callide, on Feb 5 2008, 01:54 AM, said in Cant Play game on Leopard OS, is there a patch to fix this:

Or you could partition your HD and install Classic.

I play EV on my old 7600 PowerPC. It's not as fast or as sexy as the Nova Port, but it's still fun. 🙂

Unless he's on an Intel Mac. Mac OS 9 doesn't support the Intel chips.

Thank you for adding that. 🙂

Now I remember reading that here in one of the forums, somewhere, but since I don't have an Intel machine and it didn't directly apply to my setup, I promptly forgot about it.

Heck, even G5s and late G4s won't allow booting to OS 9. There's always SheepShaver but that doesn't run EV/O very well, at least not on Intel (and also the colour is a bit washed out).

I've got a Mirror-Door G4, which I think is one of the last models. And yes, I only start up in OS X, but OS 9 runs fine in the background (obviously after I launch it).

@guy, on Feb 6 2008, 01:47 PM, said in Cant Play game on Leopard OS, is there a patch to fix this:

Heck, even G5s and late G4s won't allow booting to OS 9. There's always SheepShaver but that doesn't run EV/O very well, at least not on Intel (and also the colour is a bit washed out).

Weird, it runs just fine under Sheepshaver on my MacBook Pro. Although it runs WAY better on my G3 iMac DV. 😛