Instaship?

Finding Instaship for EVC

Hello all, first topic.

I just got Nova and started playing EV again as the plugin. I was wondering if anyone knew where I could find the old program Instaship (which gave you anyship in the game, including the two alien types), and if it would work..

It’s been a long time since I saw a copy of InstaShip, and in any case it wouldn’t work on pilot files from the EV Nova engine, even with the Escape Velocity plug-in installed. If you want to cheat, though, a basic cheat plug-in (which you could probably even make yourself) will be more useful than InstaShip anyway; InstaShip changed your ship type, but didn’t give you any of the weapons associated with the new ship, so you didn’t really get the full benefit. What use is an alien cruiser without a fusion beam or alien fighter bay?

@david-arthur, on Jan 1 2008, 10:02 AM, said in Instaship?:

It’s been a long time since I saw a copy of InstaShip, and in any case it wouldn’t work on pilot files from the EV Nova engine, even with the Escape Velocity plug-in installed. If you want to cheat, though, a basic cheat plug-in (which you could probably even make yourself) will be more useful than InstaShip anyway; InstaShip changed your ship type, but didn’t give you any of the weapons associated with the new ship, so you didn’t really get the full benefit. What use is an alien cruiser without a fusion beam or alien fighter bay?

Drat.

Well you are correct, but just having the alien cruiser made you unstoppable. I remember back when EV came out I used that conquered the whole galaxy in almost no time. But thanks anyway, I'll look into making my own cheat/plugin. I've never done one before though, so if you or anyone else has any tips that'd be helpful.

On the Mac, pick up a copy of ResEdit (if you don't already have it), and the EV-Bible. Beyond that, go check out the add-ons section of Ambrosia's main EV page: http://www.ambrosias.../ev/addons.html

Best advice I can give you is to just start hacking and slashing away. If you run into something you don't understand, ask here. Someone might reply.

-AJ

ResEdit is a Classic-based app. If you are only running OSX then it won't work. 🙂

@callide, on Jan 23 2008, 02:11 AM, said in Instaship?:

ResEdit is a Classic-based app. If you are only running OSX then it won't work. 🙂

Of course, the same is true of Instaship. 🙂