Help with legal status por favor

Something to do with your untold method of getting credits "extremely fast"? Why don't you just come straight out with it instead of using silly ways to drop hints?

I've really noticed a lot more people coming here after the bar was shut down.

This post has been edited by WickTownEV : 02 March 2007 - 11:54 AM

Evc forum in general.

@guy, on Dec 16 2006, 01:04 AM, said in Help with legal status por favor:

Something to do with your untold method of getting credits "extremely fast"? Why don't you just come straight out with it instead of using silly ways to drop hints?

Go look at his older posts. A few days ago he went back and edited all his posts, even ones he made years ago, to cover up his "secrets" about how to play the game. Someone needs to tell this guy that hardly anyone here even plays EV anymore and that no one would care about these "secrets" anyway.

@guest_wicktownev_-, on Dec 14 2006, 09:34 PM, said in Help with legal status por favor:

Mrxak has had it out for me for awhile now

You, sir, are delusional.

@boris-yetskins, on Dec 16 2006, 09:26 AM, said in Help with legal status por favor:

I've really noticed a lot more people coming here after the bar was shut down.

Must be all the drama. ^_^

@sierro, on Dec 16 2006, 07:45 PM, said in Help with legal status por favor:

Go look at his older posts. A few days ago he went back and edited all his posts, even ones he made years ago, to cover up his "secrets" about how to play the game.

Nice call. Besides, all the secrets there are... aren't, anymore.

@callide, on Dec 17 2006, 12:10 AM, said in Help with legal status por favor:

Must be all the drama. ^_^

It's obviously because of, well you know. The guy that's editing all of his posts.

This post has been edited by Boris Yetskins : 17 December 2006 - 11:36 PM

@guest_wicktownev_-, on Dec 14 2006, 09:34 PM, said in Help with legal status por favor:

Mrxak has had it out for me for awhile now, but that doesn't affect me, an honest man has nothing to fear. I need no one's affirmation but my own. The drama is getting old though, I'll just let Mrxak grow old with it. Happy holidays guys(an gals), and a happy new year.

Paranoia will get you nowhere. If you have any proof that you aren't Cydonian Leader, tell us about it. We'll believe you. But if all you do is talk about how we all hate you, you're not gonna have any friends. I can think of a few mods I'd call liars, too, but I have supportable reasons why. You don't.

This post has been edited by WickTownEV : 02 March 2007 - 11:57 AM

@guest_wicktownev_-, on Dec 18 2006, 01:45 AM, said in Help with legal status por favor:

Okay, here you go, this my last attempt to get through to you guys. After Chamrim decided to try to exploit me I sent him a PM explaining the cause of what he thought was my double account. I hesitated in posting this because I thought my message would have shown Chamrin that he made a mistake and that he would have corrected the error. Instead of that, he just didn't reply to that PM making it the only PM I've sent to a moderator and not received a response to. This led me to believe that he did realize his mistake and that he must be too stubborn to correct it. I became a little touchy with a couple of the moderators who seemed to want to make it public that I was some kind of liar even though I already explained what happened which is as follows (with exception to EVula who, inspite of whether or not he believed me, politely refrained from ridiculing me):
I recently turned an un-named (un-named in order to keep her out of this drama) person on to Escape velocity (a person whom I share an aiport internet account with). She liked it, but became bored with doing mission after mission and wanted to get on to the more fun later stages of the game she had seen me play. She asked me how to get credits faster and in order to not spoil the game for her, I didn't tell her. I told her that I would after a little while. She came across the forums and I showed her how to make an account. I realized that I had given away that answer, among many others, over a year ago and decided to edit them so that she couldn't spoil the game for herself. I posted a reply to her topic mostly just to let her know that I found what she was asking by checking the board after she got offline and that I was leaving it up to you guys to give her some of your answers. The next thing I knew, she was thinking that I reported her to get her suspended so she wouldn't get an answer. Then this brings me back to myself PMing Chamrin asking for a reason why he suspended her account, and the ensuing criticism and personal attacks I've received on the matter from many members and Mods all because Chamrin wouldn't give me the respect of at least asking ME what was going on and THEN coming to some decision. I regret calling him out like this, but all of the accusaions have gotten so far out of control that I think I have no other choice right now.
I've been called various things, threatened, made out to be some greedy guy who's paranoid about his strategies, and demanded to apologize for something I didn't do, by people who had none of the facts.
Here's what I think is a relaven't analogy to help me make my final point: Have you ever noticed that the nicest person can be a totally arrogant namecalling jerk behind the wheel because 1)they have no fear being identified or 2)it in any way affecting their reputation off the road or 3)They've gotten sucked into that type of behavior from seeing so many others do it and become desensitized by it or 4)all or some of the above? Well, my experience, to an extent, on this web board began slightly like this over a year ago. I was arrogant and not afraid to call names if I was being ridiculed. My arrogance was in jest because I was just goofing off and wanted to see what others had to say. I quickly noticed that most members took their reputation seriously on the board and I thought that deserved respect. It gave me a reality check. I knew I was a great person offline, but was forced to re-evaluate my online self. I was used to seeing boards and chatrooms in the past where it was anyhting goes and people would say just about anything. After that realization I decided to be more respectful as I normaly am. Although I did change to an extent, I proved a couple of times unable to let certain member's comments roll right off my back and instead responded with an insult.
The one's who gave me grief and accused me of things they didn't fully uunderstand were clearly feeding off the whole situation in hippocracy. They enjoyed calling me out, thinking they were right, perhaps to achieve some approval. I think this because I mean think about it, what historical disaster does a bunch of people feeding off the excitement of accusing someone and calling them out and demanding them to "repent" only to later realize he wasn't what people thought he was remind you of? It sounds a lot like a Salem witch trial to me, only warning and booting instead of burning. Of course this situation isn't nearly that extreme, and my point isn't to make you guys out to be horrible people, I'm just saying that perhaps people should be more respectful like DestroyerE for example. He goes to the boards about every day, obvously knows about the whole drama, and in spite of whether or not he believed me, he decided to keep it to himself because all he is here for is to talk Escape Velocity with his comrads.
Okay, so I was asked to apologize? Although I'd never apologize for something I didn't do, I will take this opportunity to apologize for some things I HAVE done. I'm sorry to anyone who I offended directly or indirectly. In the future, I will hold my toungue even if someone insults me, because two wrongs don't make a right. I'm sorry for calling Chamrin and Mrxak liars because they arent, they just jumped to conclusions. I can understand why they would have come to that conclusion. Originally I should have just made it clear to them that I didn't appreciate their accusasions and gone on with solving the matter from there.
I'm not hoping for anyone to take my word on what really went on because no one other than myself could acctually KNOW what really happened, I'm really just hoping that people will realize that I was too quick to be accused, especially in front of everyone, without first the chance to give my case to the Moderators first. I know my girl would like to get her account off suspension but that's probably not going to happen All I want to do here now is talk about a really sweet game called Escape Velocity.
Sincerely, WickTownEV
PS. I'm sorry to go so far off topic, but I hope this clears some fuzziness and puts us all right back on track. So, about that legal status..I still haven't gotten honored leader!

I want you to know that no one is out to get you. I haven't responded to your message simply because I haven't made up my mind on how to respond, I don't really believe that the second account is another person. The first post I came across with that account, was in this thread and it was a blatent flame, calling someone else names. After discovering that both accounts were used by the same IP, it was easy for me to see the second account being used to bolster your first account, and say things you don't want your primary account to say.

As for your warnings, two were because you dragged up an old topic, this is called gravedigging, because the topics are considered dead, but are left in case people want to read them. This is generally not allowed. The third warning was for your second account. You have 2 more warnings. With good behavior those warnings may be removed in time. This is just the way the system works.

You've thrown around accusations that people are:

I've been called various things, threatened, made out to be some greedy guy who's paranoid about his strategies, and demanded to apologize for something I didn't do, by people who had none of the facts.

As far as I have seen (and I've read every thread you've participated in here), people have done no such things. Nearest of any of these to being true is people calling you greedy, however the actual response to your editing out your "secrets" was generally along the lines of "there aren't any secrets, we already know everything there is to know, and we don't really play EV much now anyway, so it doesn't matter". Obviously I can't account for things people have said to you in private messages.

Cham

@guest_wicktownev_-, on Dec 18 2006, 03:45 AM, said in Help with legal status por favor:

<long, semi-coherent rant>

You are completely insane. You're also a bad liar, but that's not as entertaining.

This post has been edited by WickTownEV : 02 March 2007 - 11:58 AM

Good lord man, this is getting ridiculous.

@guest_wicktownev_-, on Dec 18 2006, 07:33 PM, said in Help with legal status por favor:

But, I do forgive you, I mean we all make mistakes.

GROUP HUG

This post has been edited by Sierro : 19 December 2006 - 01:36 PM

This post has been edited by WickTownEV : 02 March 2007 - 11:59 AM

@guest_wicktownev_-, on Dec 18 2006, 04:45 AM, said in Help with legal status por favor:

The one's who gave me grief and accused me of things they didn't fully uunderstand were clearly feeding off the whole situation in hippocracy. They enjoyed calling me out, thinking they were right, perhaps to achieve some approval. I think this because I mean think about it, what historical disaster does a bunch of people feeding off the excitement of accusing someone and calling them out and demanding them to "repent" only to later realize he wasn't what people thought he was remind you of? It sounds a lot like a Salem witch trial to me, only warning and booting instead of burning. Of course this situation isn't nearly that extreme, and my point isn't to make you guys out to be horrible people, I'm just saying that perhaps people should be more respectful like DestroyerE for example. He goes to the boards about every day, obvously knows about the whole drama, and in spite of whether or not he believed me, he decided to keep it to himself because all he is here for is to talk Escape Velocity with his comrads.

Since you seem so curious about my opinion on this whole matter, I'll post.

I'm siding with the mods on this one. I've been interacting with them for several years now and they're all good guys that are only concerned with keeping the peace and the guidelines in place here. They're not out to frame anyone or warn without solid reason.

I also find your EV stories difficult to believe, so hearing the story about this other person is also difficult to believe. If your friend really wanted a way to quickly earn credits, I think you would have offered her the idea you've been withholding from us about earning quick credits.

If what you said is true, then a simple, calm PM to the moderators right after the closing of the topic should have resolved the issue (perhaps asking your friend to send a PM would be a good idea also). Posting in other topics about it does not help your situation, nor does it support your story.

So please, I don't care how this is resolved. I just want it resolved so we can stop having off topic flame posts such as what I've seen recently.

@chamrin, on Dec 18 2006, 04:45 AM, said in Help with legal status por favor:

The first post I came across with that account, was in this thread and it was a blatent flame, calling someone else names

See, this makes sense as to why you did what you did. Judge Judy says, "If it doesn't make sense, it's probably not true". That first post wasn't n00bish questions, or, like me, a lurker for a while before posting.

@cippy, on Dec 19 2006, 08:21 PM, said in Help with legal status por favor:

I'm siding with the mods on this one. I've been interacting with them for several years now and they're all good guys that are only concerned with keeping the peace and the guidelines in place here. They're not out to frame anyone or warn without solid reason.

++ And they don't enjoy calling people out, either.

WickTownEV:
You have good posts, for the most part, and you seem like a decent guy. But...
You have been weighed.
You have been measured.
And you have been found wanting.

(my favorite quote from A Knight's Tale)

Since I haven't been able to post for a few days, I missed the group hug. hug Now, pudding anyone?

This post has been edited by WickTownEV : 02 March 2007 - 12:01 PM

@guest_wicktownev_-, on Dec 21 2006, 05:31 PM, said in Help with legal status por favor:

I'm still trying to get the honored leader status.

Why?

Just a guess: I think either the Rebel or Confed HQs would be easiest to please, you know who their enemies are.

You can never tell what's going to set off the Independent systems. The pirates are easy to please, but never show a status, at least in my experience, they either hate you or like you.