How could the Confederation beat the Aliens?

And other Alien questions...

The Aliens have more shields, a better shield recharge and better weapons than the Confederation! How could the Aliens lose?
Where is the homeworld of the Aliens?
When was the war between Aliens and Confeds?
Are there still any Aliens in the ®EV(isited) galaxy? I mean not the Cruiser which you must destroy and where? North, south, east, west?
Are there any outposts of the Aliens?

Thanks for your answers!

There is a set of missions where you discover the alien homeworld.

There is only one alien system, and numerous Confed ones. It stands to reason that the feds would win through numbers alone.

Yeah, victory through numbers - I believe it was mentioned that the galaxy had been left in tatters after the invasion.

pp0u20e8, on Jun 23 2005, 03:33 PM, said:

There is a set of missions where you discover the alien homeworld.

There is only one alien system, and numerous Confed ones. It stands to reason that the feds would win through numbers alone.
View Post

Mission? I thought you must explore the 'easter egg' in rEVisited yourself. Or did you mean something other?
Please don't forget my other questions.

Well back in the days of EVC I played the 'kill the alien' mission that took me to the homeworld. Then again, maybe it was a plug.

It was a plug-in.

In EVC, it's just the one Cruiser, and whatever fighters are left in its wake.

Also in EVC, random fighters will show up after the mission. The respective admirals tell you that the aliens hung out somewhere in the Serpens (spelling?) Nebula. That's all though.

And remember, if you've played through the original game, you beat off an alien cruiser while you were using inferior human technology.

And, before anyone mentions it: While the fighters are nigh indestructable, barring A.I. stupidity, fighters alone won't win wars.

pp0u20e8, on Jun 23 2005, 02:26 PM, said:

Well back in the days of EVC I played the 'kill the alien' mission that took me to the homeworld. Then again, maybe it was a plug.
View Post

Yeah, it was a plug, but I don't remember if there was only one plug-in that did this. More likely than not, there were several.

I'm thinking Final Battle for sure, and have a pretty strong feeling this happened in Pale too. I'm trying to remember if Mugabi and Destiny had any connection to the original scenario too, since I remember it having some kind of alien thing.

EVGE also had alien-related missions, but none of them involved killing them at their homeworld.

Frequency 245 said:

The Aliens have more shields, a better shield recharge and better weapons than the Confederation! How could the Aliens lose?

Well, "have" is the key word here-the technology gap might not have been as wide then. In any event, they did lose-although most of the galaxy was ravaged in the process, I'd imagine.

Frequency 245 said:

Where is the homeworld of the Aliens?

It depends on which plugin you use; in stock EV, the lone Alien vessel is the last of them.

Frequency 245 said:

When was the war between Aliens and Confeds?

It would have taken place, I'd imagine, somewhere around 2202. If you allow five years for the Rebels to build up and fifteen years before that (as they "endured it" for that period of time), and five more years before that (to enable the galaxy to rebuild and the Confederation to grow corrupt), anyway.

Frequency 245 said:

Are there still any Aliens in the ŽEV(isited) galaxy? I mean not the Cruiser which you must destroy and where? North, south, east, west?

No idea.

Frequency 245 said:

Are there any outposts of the Aliens?

Again, it depends on which plugin you play-I'd imagine there would be at least two plugins with alien outposts, however.

Frequency 245 said:

Thanks for your answers!

You're welcome.

-Bob

Firebird, on Jun 28 2005, 02:34 AM, said:

Yeah, it was a plug, but I don't remember if there was only one plug-in that did this. More likely than not, there were several.

I'm thinking Final Battle for sure, and have a pretty strong feeling this happened in Pale too. I'm trying to remember if Mugabi and Destiny had any connection to the original scenario too, since I remember it having some kind of alien thing.

EVGE also had alien-related missions, but none of them involved killing them at their homeworld.
View Post

Yes, Mugabi and Destiny is a direct continuation of the EV storyline, when you have defeated the one (supposed) alien cruiser.

You return to your regular life following your victory... life goes on as usual... until you stumble on an alien girl, her translucent skin a dead giveaway... she is calling for help from a quiet corridor on a well-known space port... she is nearly dead from lack of water, food, and medicine... the Rednecks at this port would kill her instantly, instead of taking her prisoner... and getting answers, like, "a possible new alien threat?" What do you do...?

M&D invents an entire alien system, with its own internal political uphevel, which stayed safely hidden although the confederation successfully destroyed the military homeworld.

Just thought I'd chime in.... cheerio

Oh, and 😛 if you play "Mugabi and Destiny... for her", you discover a helpless alien guy... of course.

This post has been edited by Gandalf : 15 December 2005 - 09:26 AM

Hmmm.... I'll allow it.