Registering

What do you get for registering?

Do you need to register in order to use plug-ins.

Thanks in advance,
Klompeman

Welcome.

Well, you can DL any plug at anytime. But if you are playing an un-registered verson of EV, you might have restrictive issues in the game play.

The thing to do is... purchase/register Nova, then I believe you can play EV and EVO as plugins.

If I am wrong, someone correct me.

Thanks
How big is the plugin file ( I have dialup)

It helps if you give more details in your post. Are you playing EV Classic? Which plugin do you want to DL? Here is the addon page for EVC:

http://www.ambrosias.../ev/addons.html

If you want addons for EVO or Nova, just replace 'ev' with 'evo' or 'evn'.

wondergirl, on Jul 4 2005, 06:24 PM, said:

Welcome.

Well, you can DL any plug at anytime. But if you are playing an un-registered verson of EV, you might have restrictive issues in the game play.

The thing to do is... purchase/register Nova, then I believe you can play EV and EVO as plugins.

If I am wrong, someone correct me.
View Post

You aren't wrong.
klompeman91, go to the Essentials on the EV:Nova add-ons page. Download EV or EV:O and read the readme. You should download rEVisited (made by KofQ) for EV. It makes the graphics of EV better than the ones of EV:Nova!

Yeahh! This was my 1/2 1000th post!

wondergirl, on Jul 4 2005, 01:50 PM, said:

It helps if you give more details in your post. Are you playing EV Classic? Which plugin do you want to DL? Here is the addon page for EVC:

http://www.ambrosias.../ev/addons.html

If you want addons for EVO or Nova, just replace 'ev' with 'evo' or 'evn'.
View Post

I'm playing the first escape velocityon an imac, the modem is fried so i have been using my xp to down load games and such from ambrosia( I have Nova on my xp). I down loaded the plug in Empire, unzipped it, put the plugin file in the plugin folder and started the game. While it is loading it crashes and my screen changes colors, and then the colors return to normal. (i'm confused) all the oter games and programs work fine.

This post has been edited by klompeman91 : 05 July 2005 - 12:37 PM

klompeman91, on Jul 5 2005, 10:31 AM, said:

I'm playing the first escape velocityon an imac
View Post

There are 2 Empire plugin files. 1 for the original EV Classic, and a more recent plug for EVO (they are basically the same game).

Not sure exactly what you are trying to do.
Are you trying to play Empire through EVC > Nova?
Are you playing the native EVC?
Which OS are you using on your iMac?
Are there other plug-in files in your plug-in folder?
Have you successfully played other plugins using the iMac?

emainiac dies from a severe lack of grammar. Use it man. It's your friend.
As far as I know, the benifits of registering the first Escape Velocity (EV, EV Original, EV Classic (but not the nova plug in) etc.) are...
1. Capt. Hector leaves you alone.
2. You get to get rid of the Please register dialogue.
3. You support Ambrosia Software and you get the warm fuzzy feeling.

emainiac, on Jul 11 2005, 03:00 PM, said:

emainiac dies from a severe lack of grammar.
View Post

Ditto. But maybe the guy can't write or speak or read English very well.

Am I the only one not clever enough to find this rEVisited plug? I went through practically everything on the addons page, googled...but nothing. Is it in EV addons or EVN addons?

Sorry. Never mind. It's right there in the EVN addons. Maybe it could be cross-listed.

OH
MY
GOD!

That is one spectacular plug. The difference is astonishing.

Thanks, KofQ.

Would you please not tripple-post? And for questions and thanks about rEV, you should use the topic for it.

What?

Can you not see that the 2nd posting is to save someone the trouble of answering a question that I've already answered for myself? And that it says "sorry"?

But then...maybe you're right.

I apologize for the 3rd posting. I should have known that anyone who wishes to post on the EVC forum must be at all times aware of every relevant posting on the EVO and EVN forums. I should never have thanked anyone who had already been thanked in another thread for another game on a different part of this website--especially given how overloaded the EVC forum is.

Would you please not be rude to me when I clearly had good intentions?

🙂

This post has been edited by ErrilFracas : 15 August 2005 - 06:53 AM

Frequency 245, on Aug 14 2005, 08:11 AM, said:

Would you please not tripple-post?
View Post

yeah, he should really listen to you about posting too. because you're a mod and all that, right? it isn't his fault this board isn't a happening one, and if he just edited posts, no one would have seen them anyway.

This post has been edited by antihero : 20 August 2005 - 01:53 AM

ErrilFracas, on Aug 14 2005, 05:36 AM, said:

Sorry. Never mind. It's right there in the EVN addons. Maybe it could be cross-listed.
View Post

it would be best to leave it on the nova addon page. as you can plainly see, people are confused enough as it is.