Star Wars A New Alliance SE

Sw-ANA is available from Ambrosia, but there was an SE version with some extra ships that was only available at the developers website. If anyone has a copy I would sure like to have it. I can be emailed at howland@stthom.edu.

The developers site is no longer up and in my searches for it I found that one of them (Ian Beach) died last year. (Heart attack at 35, go figure) and the other (Mark Melaccio) seems to have taken up pro wrestling full time.

Thanks,
T.O.P.

OK, PM me if you find it. I don't make my email address public for a reason.

Ah, TOP is still alive and well. Brilliant.

I feel better now. πŸ™‚

Cheers,
Guapo

Id like to have extra ships as well. tom. runeberg@kolumbus.fi.

Hey hey hey...good to see ya TOP...

...might I suggest that whoever finds it upload it to the add-ons page?

hello All,

I'm really surprised and really quite flattered that someone remembered the Old SW:ANA series of plugs that Ian and I put out there. we were amongst the first Total Conversions, and we really did try our best to make a great game even better.

With Episode 3 coming out soon, I decided to take a look out on the web and see if it was still out there, and sure enough, here we are.

There was indeed a SE version that gave you new ships ( that were new at the time, we have since seen newer designs in Episodes 1-3) and there is an unreleased version that changed the viewer's perspective from a top down view to a more isometric one ( sprites were rendered at a 30 degree angle to force some perspective.)

That version is sitting on my harddrive...95% complete, but ever released. Ian had moved from NJ to Seattle and we just never finished it. Since he passed away, i still bring it out every once in a while and play it. I gave the plugs to a select few that knew Ian.

If there is a demand for it, and there is someone that seriously wants to develop this plug in any further, i will release the file. My only caveat is that Ian's in game character stays put. I kinda like the idea of him still crusing the space lanes asking if you would join him for a pint of Guiness.

Mark Melaccio
uwccannon@aol.com

(and yes, i still am involved in wrestling).

This post has been edited by Cannon : 10 May 2005 - 09:49 AM

I loved playing as a SW ship! I remember ANA well . . . those were the days . . . I'd like to have the plug, so I'll e-mail you.

Mack

Wow, it's just as fun everytime one the old plug-in developers shows up here. SW:ANA was the first TC I ever played. I remember that small glitch in the sprites where they sort of slowed down when facing upwards. at first it was annoying, but once I got into character and began cruising around in my very own Slave 1, you quickly forgot about it πŸ˜„

Anyway, I doubt anyone would be ready to begin developing on the new sprites again (fingers crossed though, as always) I'd love to have a copy of it.

Sorrry to hear about Ian 😞
Take care!

Forgive me for being out of the loop, but what exactly happened to Ian?

Cheers,
Guapo

ElGuapo7, on May 18 2005, 03:15 AM, said:

Forgive me for being out of the loop, but what exactly happened to Ian?

Cheers,
Guapo
View Post

Ian passed away due to a Heart Attack caused by a Blood Clot he didn't even know he had on August 14th, 2003. That was the day of the Major Blackout on the east coast, One mutual friend said that the lights went out in his honor.

There is a site where those of us whose lives Ian touched can talk about the memories we have of him set up at http://www.uwb.edu/ian/ .

since this is the Eve of Revenge of the Sith.... I think It's time that this is put out there on the web. It's unfinished, but it was what Ian and I were striving for before a crazy thing called "life" derailed the project.

so here's a glimpse of what might have been...and still could be.

http://s51.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0O6X658...081DOSFI33EVT99

Please find a home for this file as it looks too big to be posted here.
Mark

Hmmmm. I unstuffed it, but the problem was that all of the files were 0k. It doesn't seem to be of any value-which is weird, because it was a 9.9 meg file. Any ideas as to what might be wrong?

Sorry about Ian-from what I've read, he was a pretty good chap.

-Bob

Consul Bob, on May 18 2005, 05:41 PM, said:

Hmmmm. I unstuffed it, but the problem was that all of the files were 0k. It doesn't seem to be of any value-which is weird, because it was a 9.9 meg file. Any ideas as to what might be wrong?

Sorry about Ian-from what I've read, he was a pretty good chap.

-Bob
View Post

Weird, I just unzipped it and things seem fine....Any one else try yet?

Bob, maybe try grabbing it again.

M

Hmmmm-maybe it just has to do with me using OS X. I've redownloaded it and unstuffed it (on the new file and the old one) and all I get is either completely blank files or completely blank text files.

I'll try it in OS 9-maybe that'll do it.

Edit: Well, due to expander problems over there (I didn't have the right version of the Stuffit Engine, apparently), nothing was achieved. πŸ˜• Eh.

-Bob

This post has been edited by Consul Bob : 18 May 2005 - 07:02 PM

A New Alliance was the first plug that I played all the way through, and man, it was awesome. I always liked it better that the other one for EV, even with the graphic errors and such. The eclectic choice of ships was my favorite. Hutt Caravel pwns!

Sorry to hear about Ian, though. It's a shame to have gone so young.