Does anyone have any older versions of EV, particularly initial releases...

Originally posted by Rick_Hardslab:
**There is no point in downgrading as a method of piracy if you were concerned about that. I had been a pirate of ev when I was a poor stupid kid (its not my fault they wouldn't accept cash which is the only money I had) Needless to say, a very simple plugin can correct hector, and the very easy to find SN's on the internet work on any version as there isn't web checking or time/version expiration.

It would be intersting to try EV 1.0.0, The earliest I ever played was 1.0.4(i have the installer for this still), and there were almost no changes from that to 1.0.5 (aside from being able to capture ships with under 25% odds and a recolored rebel carrier and courier)
But looking at the update logs, so many of the bugs fixed from the early versions would be fun to play with. Its almost unimagineable that in the early version your ship blew up if hyperspace trajectory went through the gravity well.

My favorite trick in 1.0.4 was buying the neutron blaster and then selling it after selecting it. Loved having what seemed like a hundred blasters at once(especially after "tweaking" 😉 the duration a bit upward). Mike

------------------
"Laughter is in the ears that hear"-The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever

The earliest version of EV is 1.0.2 which I got off a CD packaged with an older edition of The Macintosh Bible... I think it was the BMUG CD.

------------------

(aside from being able to capture ships with under 25% odds and a recolored rebel carrier and courier)
But looking at the update logs, so many of the bugs fixed from the early versions would be fun to play with. Its almost unimagineable that in the early version your ship blew up if hyperspace trajectory went through the gravity well.

You couldnt capture ships if there was really low odds? Thats is restricting. :mad: Recolored, how? You cant be serious! There was one bug which can cause pilot death for no apparent reason, you want that?

------------------
I am eager to try to ansver mission questions

the courier basically had its stripe reversed, it was green with grey stripe and now its grey with green stripe

Rebel cruiser is or was a lot more red or grey or something.

I think there were more, I'm sure you could notice if you had both versions open side by side in resedit.

But the biggest bummer was the reduction of the lightning from 6 to 4 missels. as fighters they no longer launched 3 now only launched 2 which isn't enough to clobber someone.

And I always thought having a weapon selected that you sold crashed the game if you tried to use it...at least it did for me.

------------------
(url="http://"http://www.freewebs.com/hardslab/cheat2.hqx")Cheat 2(/url)
Cheat any way you want in almost any mac game. Even Nova.

I think there were more, I'm sure you could notice if you had both versions open side by side in resedit.

But the biggest bummer was the reduction of the lightning from 6 to 4 missels. as fighters they no longer launched 3 now only launched 2 which isn't enough to clobber someone.

And I always thought having a weapon selected that you sold crashed the game if you tried to use it...at least it did for me.

Thanks for the info, but no, I am not that interested. Oh! I didnt know Lightning had 6 Missiles earlier. But I disagree on Lightnings not being dangerous anymore. It can Pulverize a Patrol Ship before it attack, and when I attacked a Pirate Corvette with 2 Lightnings from Kestrels bay it dropped it shields to 30%.

------------------
I am eager to try to ansver mission questions