EMPIRE Webstory OOC Discussion

By the way since all of the major governments seem to be in line lets open up the story to attacks.

------------------
Out ride the sons of Terra,
Far dirves the thundering jet,
Up leaps the race of Earthmen,
Out, far, and onward yet - Robert A. Heinlein, The Green Hills of Earth

WTF am i, and what fleet is my character with? or even if he is in the story any more

------------------
Peace, Love, and Chicken Grease
(url="http://"http://www.AmbrosiaSW.com/webboard/Forum26/HTML/007247.html")Event Horizon 2 Sign-Up(/url)
(url="http://"http://evula.com") EVula's Lair(/url)| (url="http://"http://starfleet-ssf.com/index2.html")The SSF(/url) | (url="http://"mailto:jager@evula.net")mailto:jager@evula.net(/url)jager@evula.net

Originally posted by Jager:
**WTF am i, and what fleet is my character with? or even if he is in the story any more

I'm wondering the same thing....

------------------

(This message has been edited by firestorm (edited 08-06-2002).)

Like I said the first time you guys asked: firestorm you choose one of the five fleets, I don't care which. Jager will be in command of that fleet's fighter detachment. Since you guys have waited till now I would prefer you chose either Alpha fleet in Cetauri or Gamma fleet in Tau Ceti.

------------------

Whoops, I didn't see that part, I'll take the Alpha fleet in Centauri, Jager can have full command of the fighters of that fleet. I'll be on the Neutron Cruiser.

------------------

And if you're at all interested in EVO...I don't suppose I could snatch you for a future story?

(/B)(/QUOTE)

I haven't tried EVO yet; I only just discovered EV less than a month ago. I am thinking of moving on to EVO or EVN for more of a challenge.

I think I will observe this webstory and see how this works. I have been craving the RPG experience... lets see if this webstory concept satisfies my expectations.

------------------
I came here to kick ass
and chew bubblegum...
and I am all out of
bubblegum

Originally posted by Tiamat:
**I haven't tried EVO yet; I only just discovered EV less than a month ago. I am thinking of moving on to EVO or EVN for more of a challenge.

I think I will observe this webstory and see how this works. I have been craving the RPG experience... lets see if this webstory concept satisfies my expectations.**

Ack. Damn you, why did you have to see an EV webstory first? <grins>

EV Webstories: Practically no character development, lots of conflict, and set, unrealistic rules involving money and income.
EVO Webstories: Very loose rules, and if you want to develop your character(s) there's plenty of room. EVO is taking a change more towards writing...
EVN Webstories: Chaotic, conflict-based and using a similar rule system to EV. Be afraid, be very afraid.
B&B; Webstories: Resistance and HyperGate. Neither ever end, and you can expec a post every few weeks...very slow, but totally based on writing.

------------------
-Lyat Esponer Corsair

specops...so many things wrong with your post. Much contradicting what I posted, and what I told you over AIM.

Since I cant void it myself, I need to talk to Ipvicus.

------------------
If someone makes a mistake, it is not my fault. I will however use it to my advantage.

Voted most likely to be a serial killer by Insane Asylum - 2002

is that better?

------------------
"You can pick your friends, you can pick your nose. But you cant pick your friends nose."- Me

Ipvicus, I have a lot of gripes with your post. Among them:

How is it that 8 Battle Dragons and 11 Cobras only manage to take out 4 Frigates? Granted, they weren't fully armed, but nevertheless, they were fully shielded.

Originally posted by Vice Admiral Ipvicus:
The Terran ships had managed to escape the fury of the Sauridians long range attacks mostly as a result of their much heavier armor.

Okay, actually, that's incorrect. The Frigates have less armor than a Battle Dragon.

Not so lucky now that their enemies had more torpedoes several terran Attack Frigates fell in this new onslaught.

So according to your logic, 7 Battle Dragons and 9 Cobras can only manage to take out 4 Frigates? Granted, they didn't have full arms, but they were fully shielded. Even with all the salvoes, that they had fired previously, they still would've had some ammo left. Certainly more than enough to take out a couple of Frigates.

A new massive barrage of N-torpedoes and other long range weaponry hit the Weave ships as the newly arrived Beta Fleet formed up with their belagured comrades.

How is it that it was a "massive barrage", and yet the Beta Fleet is only down to 95% ammo?

Final gripe: Isn't this essentially two posts in a row to the same battle? Isn't that illegal, or is it just me?

Beta Fleet Ammo 95%
All ships at 100%

RMA and Esponer, I await your judgement on such matters.

------------------
The Thunderhead Lance and Ion Cannon: Coming to an outfitter near you!

Originally posted by SilverDragon:

EVO Webstories: Very loose rules, and if you want to develop your character(s) there's plenty of room. EVO is taking a change more towards writing...

(/B)

Sounds like EVO webstories are more my style -- Role Playing Games are all about combat and character development -- without one the other is meaningless. has any serious attempt ever been made to create an online RPG engine complete with randomizers etc?

------------------
I came here to kick ass
and chew bubblegum...
and I am all out of
bubblegum

(Sorry everyone -- I pushed the wrong button...)

(This message has been edited by Tiamat (edited 08-08-2002).)

Originally posted by specops:
How is it that 8 Battle Dragons and 11 Cobras only manage to take out 4 Frigates? Granted, they weren't fully armed, but nevertheless, they were fully shielded.

One: They were outnumbered. Two: They were up agianst more advanced tech (ie Neutron weaponry, Missile Cruisers). Three: They were out manuvered, I had them flanked, split up and in a crossfire. Never underestimate the effect superior tactics can have on a battle.

Okay, actually, that's incorrect. The Frigates have less armor than a Battle Dragon.

Of course they do, by "Terran ships" I mean all of them overall, not just Frigates. Neutron Cruisers and Missile Cruisers are both more heavily shielded than Battle Dragons, and on average Terran ships are better shieded than their Weave counterparts.

So according to your logic, 7 Battle Dragons and 9 Cobras can only manage to take out 4 Frigates? Granted, they didn't have full arms, but they were fully shielded. Even with all the salvoes, that they had fired previously, they still would've had some ammo left. Certainly more than enough to take out a couple of Frigates.

I will reitterate: Outnumbered, Outgunned, Outmanuvered. In a head to head battle you are right, the Battle Dragons would have done much more damage, but the most powerful fleet in the world would be hard pressed to survive a crossfire of that magnitude. All Sauridian ships are armed with are torpedoes and missiles, my fleet had that plus heavy rockets, and Neutron Torpedoes. Which I might had have sgnificant splash damage and would be especially deadly in the crossfire which I described.

How is it that it was a "massive barrage", and yet the Beta Fleet is only down to 95% ammo?

This is a legitimate complaint. I was hurried near the end and overlooked that, I'll edit it to 85%. My apologies.

Final gripe: Isn't this essentially two posts in a row to the same battle? Isn't that illegal, or is it just me?

How is it the same battle when you were able to repair and rearm your fleet? What else am I supposed to do? Wait for you to invade Tau Ceti and get two attacks in a row on my Core systems? If we went by that you could go all the way to Sol without me ever bringing in anything besides planetary defense fleets. If I had made two posts attacking with the same fleets I might understand, but I didn't. If I remember corectly I tried to consolodate both attacks into one post but you convinced RMA to make me put them into a separate post. I don't dispute that action, but you can't have it both ways.

------------------

Penguin: All defense fleet information is in the EMPIRE Webstory Important Information thread. Since I am a nice guy I'll post the colony system fleet for you here tho:

1 Neutron Cruiser
1 Missile Cruiser
2 Gunboats
2 Interceptors

------------------

Okay, I cede all my points to you, except for the one that you ceded to me (the ammo one). It doesn't really matter, it's only a webstory.

------------------

**Okay, I cede all my points to you, except for the one that you ceded to me (the ammo one). It doesn't really matter, it's only a webstory.

Cool, no hard feelings, now lets get this battle going. Now it's your turn to inflict some damage.

This is like anger management or something. (Translation: Been there, done that.) Where on Earth is Golbez? He has a Brox fleet waiting around doing nothing.

------------------

The below is irrelevant as specops ceded all but one of his complaints, however, I would like it recognised.

The Weave ships had considerably more powerful munitional attack.

The Weave fleet's entire munitional armament had a total yield of 84661 damage.

The Empire's fleet's entire munitional armanent had a total yield of 44965 damage.

1. The Empire figure is inaccurate. It is actually less than this. The reason why it is inaccurate is in 2.

2. The damage ratings are neither shield nor armour. The Weave damage rating was calculated from the average shield:armour ratio of all Empire ships (it comes to 6:1). The Empire figure was calculated from the average shield:armour ratio of the Battle Dragon specifically, which comes to 3:1. Because torpedoes, neutron torpedoes and missiles all do more damage to armour than to shields, this means that the Dragon's ratio was at a disadvantage, and because other Weave ships have more shields than armour, the Empire's figures are higher than they should be.

-Esponer
Helpfully bringing you unhelpful maths

------------------
-Lyat Esponer Corsair

(I recognise that they had less missiles/torps by that time, but it about evens out)

------------------
-Lyat Esponer Corsair

I've added it up Esponer. The Terrans would be smart enough to focus all power on the front thing that was leading the charge, which would be the Beam Cruiser, my Flaship (It has the fastest speed). Assuming that the Neutron Cruiser managed to get off 6 torps (which is rather generous in my opinion), that would have only done 861 damage. Assuming that the Missile Cruiser managed to get off 15 Missiles even before I got within turret range of it, it would be a total of 1986 damage done. Assuming that the Gunboats and Patrol Boats also fired all their missiles at me, and that they all hit, it would have been another 1200 damage. Also, given the fact that it took 7.1111 seconds to kill the Missile Cruiser, and assuming that the Cruiser focused all its power on me and hit me with another 2 Heavy Rockets, it would've added another 500 damage. Add that all together, and you get 3686. 3686/8000<50%. And given the fact that it was only 3 Interceptors that my fifty fighters were after, the chance that one of the Interceptors managed to shoot down a Manta/Stingray without the aid of missiles (for it has already loosed them upon my flagship would be nigh impossible. I don't think that I missed anything, but if you would point out where I took the damage that I supposedly should've taken, I will be happy to edit my post. quod erat demonstratum

(Edit) I'm okay with the system wide jamming. But with a clever mind, I promise you, it is definitely possible to get around it. It doesn't even really cost anything to get around it, or to figure out which system is being jammed, with no delay. (/Edit)

------------------

(This message has been edited by specops (edited 08-08-2002).)