Now a type 3 error- i'm close to collecting the whole set!

i was in the forest west of town, after i had saved moon's boy. the program was really slowing down, there was quite a lag between me clicking/keying to move and my motions. there was no slowdown in the rate of fire from the goblins arrow/javelin, however. anyhow, i finally chopped him, moved around a little bit, and whap- 'the program has unexpectedly quit due to a type 3 error'

bummer

------------------

Originally posted by Filch Jones:
**i was in the forest west of town, after i had saved moon's boy. the program was really slowing down, there was quite a lag between me clicking/keying to move and my motions. there was no slowdown in the rate of fire from the goblins arrow/javelin, however. anyhow, i finally chopped him, moved around a little bit, and whap- 'the program has unexpectedly quit due to a type 3 error'

bummer

hrm, no one else has reported crashes like this -- have you tried disabling extensions and/or giving PoG more memory?

------------------
Andrew Welch / el Presidente / Ambrosia Software, Inc.
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Originally posted by andrew:
**hrm, no one else has reported crashes like this -- have you tried disabling extensions and/or giving PoG more memory?

Hi! I just got my regis code...wahoowa!!!

Anyhow, with an orig ibook, 288 meg ram, sys 9.2.1, what are the minimum extensions that i need? oh, and i've given PoG 140 megs or so.

Thanks!

filch

------------------

Hrm. I've heard of this one, but I can't think of a good reason for it. How long were you playing for before it occured? I've noticed some memory leakage/game slowdown if you play for 1.5-2 hours straight. Try saving and restarting if you have issues with that.

- Anatole

------------------
There will come a time, when the/curse of the One above/will not be tolerated further/when the Lineage of Caine will be weak/and there will be no Embracing for/these Childer/for their blood will run like water/and the potence in it will wither/Then, you know in this time that/Gehenna will soon be upon you.
- The Book Of Nod

i think it happened after only 30 minutes or so, and it was semi-repeatable in that while i didn't get the type 3 again it really did bog down on the particula r map.

------------------

1.5 to 2 hours? Don't you think that perhaps several of your buyers would perhaps play for times like, oh, 5-10 hours strait? Perhaps that should be fixed?

This sounds a lot like my TI-83 games I try to make; memory leakage for no apparent reason except that the calculator hates me unless I make a paint program as opposed to a game even though the basic "engine" if you want to call it that is about the same.

Sorry I am of no help...

------------------
"Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the galaxy lies a small unregarded yellow sun. Orbiting this at a distance of roughly ninety-eight million miles is an utterly insignificant little blue-green planet whose ape-descended life forms are so amazingly primitive that they still think digital watches are a pretty neat idea." - The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

I have type 3 error problem, when I open the application it runs for about 5 seconds then it unexpectly quits and says that an error of type 3. 😕

------------------
I am the peak of human evolution.

Originally posted by Demon:
1.5 to 2 hours? Don't you think that perhaps several of your buyers would perhaps play for times like, oh, 5-10 hours strait? Perhaps that should be fixed?

Many people have played the game for a dozen hours straight. We do not know that this isn't a problem specific to his software setup.

------------------
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Originally posted by Filch Jones:
**(snip)
Anyhow, with an orig ibook, 288 meg ram, sys 9.2.1, what are the minimum extensions that i need? oh, and i've given PoG 140 megs or so.
(snip)

Originally posted by Andrew:
**hrm, no one else has reported crashes like this -- have you tried DISABLING extensions and/or giving PoG more memory?

Some of your personal exstensions might conflict with PoG. When I run out of memory, all my machine does is crash now, after I got rid of After Dark and other addons.

Originally posted by Andrew:
**i think it happened after only 30 minutes or so, and it was semi-repeatable in that while i didn't get the type 3 again it really did bog down on the particula r map.

Were you on that map, 30 min into each new game?

------------------
"Treat animals just like they're people"
"But, we don't even treat people right."

I had just started playing (i was at work-maybe it was a subtle hint from the Big Guy?). Anyhoo, last night i bumped it up to 200 megs and had no trouble for the 5 hours or so i played it...other than from my wife, of course, but i really can't blame andrew for THAT...can i?

maybe there was something hanging out in my 'book's ram from all the other programs that i'd been using during the day...even though i had PoG running by itself i've found that whatever remnants are left in ram from vpc4.0 cause me all kinds o'grief...

i really enjoy this game. good work!

-filch

------------------

I think the real issue with Coldstone and crashes may be the version of CarbonLib you have installed. Please download the latest version of CarbonLib here:

(url="http://"http://www.versiontracker.com/moreinfo.fcgi?id=7883&db;=mac")http://www.versiontr...?id=7883&db=mac(/url)

------------------