First Monthual MOM Awards!

Originally posted by ares1:
**Who cares? It's an idea, and like Macavenger said, you cannot own an idea.

Of course you can. It's called a patent. OctoberFost owns the patent for MOTM. Do not dispute this, or you will be trampled by those of us who have been here much longer than you and have much more experience. That is a fight you do not want to enter into.

How about you go back to your board and we stay here at ours?

You have no idea what you're talking about. I started my posting career here nearly 2 years ago. I then migrated to banter and brawl when it became apparent that this board was basically for newbies asking questions about EV. I am from these boards. It's my board as much as it is yours.

You came over here and started trying to start a fight.

Bull****. You have a very short memory. We were defending what was ours. You are the ones disputing it. If you would simply agree to OctoberFost's conditions, we could all be on our merry way.

MOTM is a good idea, and whether it was ripped off or not, you have no right to be over here harrassing us.

That's like saying "even though we might have stolen it, you have no right to come over here and fight for what is yours"
:rolleyes:

Keep your snotty personalities, fire baptizms....

A fire-baptizm is a praise. You are treating it like something negative. It is not. Furthermore, if you wish to insult me personally, please e-mail me and we'll have a discussion. Making snide comments behind my back is not the best way to deal with me. I promise you that.

No one asked you here, and no one asked you stay.

We were here WAY before you. You have no leg to stand on in that argument. For once, you might just have to show some respect to those who have much more experience dealing with these situations and have a much greater general knowledge of board policy. These are the people who are right in this kind of dispute. The ones who actually know what's going on.

OctoberFost has been so generous as to let you keep the MOTM. He has also laid out some rules inkeeping with the MOTM, and given you a very advantagious set of conditions. He did not have to do that for you. You would be wise to simply take the conditions and abide by them. They are to your benefit.

------------------
And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.
George Harrison, 1943-2001

(This message has been edited by Pikeman (edited 11-30-2001).)

Man ares1, Pikeman's one of the coolest guys here! I can't believe you had the guts to even say that about him.

And by the way, different boards weren't created to divide members, although more mods/people over Good Eggs do chat over at the B&B; board... You've been getting mad at lots of things for no reason. You sound like a hypoctrite... remember when you tol dme I was flaming too much? Well, I learned from then. I think you should cool it. You sound like a 13 year old. (Heh, I'm 13. :p)

Oooh! BURN!

------------------
| | You're not afraid of falling. You're afraid of hitting the ground. | | White boy want some choc'late wid 'is vanilla. | | (url="http://"http://www.geocities.com/ev_evo_spacebetweensoftware")SBSoftware(/url) | | (url="http://"http://www.geocities.com/Oni_Web/")OniWeb(/url) | | (url="http://"http://saberstudios.evula.net")Saber Studios(/url) | |

Aight Ya'll! (Sorry for the double post, but...)

ares1, admit defeat man! Suck up your pride and bend over for one of the mods to give ya da boot! (not suggesting ANYTHING)

C'mon man! You've had your karma kicked once, then raised twice. One of those reasons it got rasied, was because you were being helpful and helping me in my Plug-In, the second... I don't know, maybe you straightened up a little.

But now, man... You just gotta loosen your pants and accept the truth! Unless you can't handle the truth...

And guys! Why are you splitting the boards up? Mainly ares1. B&Bers; can be a little more... hardcore, but that just means that they're comfortable around eachother. Now you, you're just plain rude sometimes. Here's some advice.

Originally posted by Mazca in a karma slap eMail to me
I suggest you think about your posts and read over them carefully before posting them out in the open to public viewers...

I'd take that into some consideration if I were you.

I apologize for his behavior Fost, mikee, and Pikeman... πŸ˜›

------------------
| | You're not afraid of falling. You're afraid of hitting the ground. | | White boy want some choc'late wid 'is vanilla. | | (url="http://"http://www.geocities.com/ev_evo_spacebetweensoftware")SBSoftware(/url) | | (url="http://"http://www.geocities.com/Oni_Web/")OniWeb(/url) | | (url="http://"http://saberstudios.evula.net")Saber Studios(/url) | |

Originally posted by The Space Between:
**And guys! Why are you splitting the boards up? Mainly ares1. B &Bers; can be a little more... hardcore, but that just means that they're comfortable around eachother. Now you, you're just plain rude sometimes. Here's some advice.
I'd take that into some consideration if I were you.

I apologize for his behavior Fost, mikee, and Pikeman... :p**

His behavior is not yours to apologize for, nor, in my opinion, does it need an apology. He has been posting ideas which have not been well received by certain people. That hardly deserves posts with such "advice" as yours. Why don't you look at your own?

Don't let yourself think that just because Pikeman, OctoberFost, et all have a bunch of karma points next to their name means that they're always right. They may or may not be in this case, but you shouldn't try to shoot another member down just for questioning them.

------------------
- Macavenger | e-mail: (url="http://"mailto:e-gamerguy1@home.com")mailto:e-gamerguy1@home.com(/url)e-gamerguy1@home.com

Man ares1, Pikeman's one of the coolest guys here!

Ya damn right. πŸ˜› πŸ˜‰

Posted Image

Here is a perfect example of Sexy BitchΒ™ extrordinaire, Pikeman. That is the face of either you best friend, or your worst enemy. I am a very forgiving person, to a point. I'm easy to get along with, and I like to think that's a big part of why I'm at the level I am now. Respect. Humour. Comradere. (and of course, ego πŸ™‚ ) I value these things. I don't value ignorance. In fact, I hate it. The main lesson you will get out of coming to these boards in simple. Patience. That's it. It took me 2 years to reach my current level of understanding about the boards. Ambrosia is a big place. You listen, and you learn from people who know. That's how I got to where I am now. And that's how newbies will get there also. Time, patience, and respect. These things along with humour and comradere will get you on very good terms with not only me, but most everyone else here, on banter and brawl, and any other board. Ignorance will get you nowhere, and continued ignorance will get you banned. Live and learn. But most importantly, LEARN.

/lecture πŸ™‚

------------------

I would like to add my two cents in, before this gets the lock that I feel is coming:

First of all, this idea was not stolen from the B&B;, it just happens to be the same sort of thing, albiet without some of OctoberFost's charisma. Second of all, I still think that voting like this will bother those nominated, but not selected. Third of all, I don't want to see a war between the EV board and the B&B.; Like I have said before, I like to visit both boards, and a split like this is counter-productive. I also take issue with the "newbie" label which has popped up a couple times in this topic. Last time I checked, nobody should give a damn about when a person registered. If you have a specific problem with someone, say what it is, instead of declaring them a "newbie", and assuming that sums it up.

<edit>By the way, I looked at OctoberFost's conditions, and I say that not only are they fair, but they are wise. Whoever ends up doing it should accept them.</edit>

------------------
"My guitar gently weeps." George Harrison, 1943-2001

(This message has been edited by Starkiller (edited 12-01-2001).)

Originally posted by Macavenger:
**Don't let yourself think that just because Pikeman, OctoberFost, et all have a bunch of karma points next to their name means that they're always right. They may or may not be in this case, but you shouldn't try to shoot another member down just for questioning them.

That is exactly correct. While I must admit I enjoy the praise ( πŸ˜„ ), I don't deserve it just because I have +7 karma. I'll let all of you in on a little secret. Positive karma is meaningless, and how you get it often has more to do with luck than actual contribution to the boards. The mods do their best, but they are not omniscient and they all moderate differently. Now, OF and I are far from perfect. By all means, question our opinions if you think they are wrong. But do not continue to question our opinions if they have been proven to be right. That's just rude. I wouldn't do it to you, so don't do it to me. Just because OF and I have been here for a long time, have karma, custom titles, and high post counts doesn't mean we're at all better than you. We just have more experience and it annoys me when newcomers question the things that I've answered to many, many, newcomers before. If I come off as rude is doing this, I apologize, and I hope you can sympathize with my situation. It isn't always easy being an Honored Leader. πŸ˜„

------------------

(This message has been edited by Pikeman (edited 12-01-2001).)

**B &Bers; can be a little more... hardcore, but that just means that they're comfortable around eachother.

Yep. That's very poke true. B&B; is a very tight-knit community of poke mostly senior members who get along very poke well with each other (mostly). That's what makes B&B; so great. Sure, we poke can get a little bit, how shall I say.... stupid sometimes, but overall we're poke not bad at all. We just don't particularly like infringements by poke people who assume to poke know everything about us, because we value our independence. Don't be afriad to post at B&B; poke by all means, just be aware that B&B; is a little more advanced in a poke communal sense. (because it's a general chat place, not poke limited to talking about just one game like here at these specialty poke boards)

Pikeman pokes The Space Between down to the floor and stands on top of his head, waving his finger in the air threatingly

Say uncle, bitch. πŸ˜› πŸ˜‰

------------------

Originally posted by Pikeman:
While I must admit I enjoy the praise (:D ),

I'd think you a fool if you didn't. It's not that I think the praise is wasted on you, not at all; I tend to agree on many levels. It's just that the reasoning behind the rest of it strikes me as a bit off. Of course, I could also be wrong. πŸ˜‰

how you get it often has more to do with luck than actual contribution to the boards. The mods do their best, but they are not omniscient and they all moderate differently.

Damn straight, I've got at least one of mine that way. It can also be dependent on catching a mod in the right mood. πŸ˜‰

But do not continue to question our opinions if they have been proven to be right.

Could you show me a place where you've proved this before, then? I'm curious about this patent thing, I was under the impression that that was something you had to apply for and such.

I'm also not sure that it would be fully applicable either, since as Starkiller pointed out, it's significantly modified.

I hope asking you to point me somewhere you've already demonstrated this doesn't count as questioning your opinion, I've simply never seen it proved before and am a bit curious. I'd rather not be your worst enemy, especially since you do appear to be a pretty funny guy.

------------------
- Macavenger | e-mail: (url="http://"mailto:e-gamerguy1@home.com")mailto:e-gamerguy1@home.com(/url)e-gamerguy1@home.com

I'd think you a fool if you didn't. It's not that I think the praise is wasted on you, not at all; I tend to agree on many levels. It's just that the reasoning behind the rest of it strikes me as a bit off.

Sure it does. That's because you don't know the stories behind them. πŸ˜„
It's not your fault for thinking I'm insane. I actually am, most of the time. Yakka fob mog. Flooba, flooba. πŸ™‚ This topic just hasn't brought out the best in me. Come to my natural habitat and see me interact with my peers in B&B;, and you'll understand. (maybe)

**Could you show me a place where you've proved this before, then? I'm curious about this patent thing, I was under the impression that that was something you had to apply for and such.

This goes back to the first MOTM in June of 2001. Back then, OctoberFost was seen (and still is seen) to be one of the primary non-mod leaders of banter and brawl. He came up with the idea. No one questioned him. No one has, no one will, because we have faith in his judgement and we respect his desicions. No one doubted that is was his idea, nothing like it had been done on banter and brawl or the other webboards, so he recieved the Ambrosia First, or the patent for the idea. It's his. It will always be seen as his idea, because he brought it here first.

If MOTM is to be done here, you need a member with the aforementioned qualities. An UNDISPUTED leader, who is not a mod. It can't be a mod, that's too official. It must be a people's leader. Who you decide that to be, that's up to all of you here. You know more of EV board intra-personal relationships than I or OF do. But the vote has to be unanymous, and it has to be soon. Choose your representative to hold this honor in trust, because no one will be voting, or helping him to make the desicion.

------------------

Sure it does. That's because you don't know the stories behind them. 
It's not your fault for thinking I'm insane. I actually am, most of the time. Yakka fob mog. Flooba, flooba.  This topic just hasn't brought out the best in me. Come to my natural habitat and see me interact with my peers in B&B;, and you'll understand. (maybe)

I think you misunderstood, I was talking about Spacey's reasoning on the rest of the topic. I'm a big admirer of insanity. My friends in that odd place some call the "real world" know that if I call someone crazy or insane, it's generally a compliment. You probably wouldn't see that here, even if you saw me more, as I come across as a much more serious person when I'm just text on the screen. πŸ˜‰

I've dropped by B&B; a couple of times in the last couple of days, and some of the stuff I've seen there from you and Tripps in particular has just about knocked me off my chair a couple of times. I just don't post there because I'm not entirely comfortable with the community in general and a couple of members in particular. We have our own community on this board, which can be a bit tight knit itself, and I find I fit in well here.

This goes back to the first MOTM in June of 2001. Back then, OctoberFost was seen (and still is seen) to be one of the primary non-mod leaders of banter and brawl. He came up with the idea. No one questioned him. No one has, no one will, because we have faith in his judgement and we respect his desicions. No one doubted that is was his idea, nothing like it had been done on banter and brawl or the other webboards, so he recieved the Ambrosia First, or the patent for the idea. It's his. It will always be seen as his idea, because he brought it here first.

I see, so we're talking an unofficial, local board patent. I can kinda see that, I guess. I don't particularly like it, but I suppose I can accept it, after a fashion. It does still sounds like more of a B&B; tradition, which is probably what makes me slightly skeptical. You don't mind insane skeptics, do you? πŸ˜„

------------------

As a two time "winner" of OF's MOTM award and the first recipient of said award, I have to say that this is a derivitive topic in relation to Akula's. BnB is a tight knit community, as Pikeman and myself can attest. What goes on there is unrelated to anythign else on the boards and as a regular poster in many forums I can say that it has very little relation to anything else ASW has to offer. MOTM was offered to us, unrequested, but OctoberFost, and is highly appreciated. Please do not take this idea from us.

------------------
"We don't wear hats."

deleted

------------------

(This message has been edited by Starkiller (edited 12-01-2001).)

**You don't mind insane skeptics, do you?:D

Not at all. I have to tolerate one everyday. He keeps looking at me in the mirror, and he won't go away. Bastard. πŸ™‚

Side note: VoxHumana = Captiantripps

------------------

**Side note: VoxHumana = Captiantripps

Most of the time. According to Captaintripps on #ev3, this is an imposter.

------------------

Originally posted by Starkiller:
**Most of the time. According to Captaintripps on #ev3, this is an imposter.

Well, this one is real. Tripps was just talking to me under teh VoxHumana nick in #ev3, and trust me, it was him. The member VoxHumana is also the real tripps.

------------------

Not at all. I have to tolerate one everyday. He keeps looking at me in the mirror, and he won't go away. Bastard.:)

Well, then don't look in the mirror every day. Works for me. πŸ˜› πŸ˜‰

Side note: VoxHumana = Captiantripps

Yeah, I'd figured that out, but thanks anyway. πŸ™‚

------------------

Let's get a few things straight:

I never ripped off OF's idea, I didn't know about his B&B; MOTM award.

Flames suck.

If everyone opposed against this idea so much, why didn't they originally say so in the first post regarding this idea?

I'm dropping this, since it's become a giant flame war. Mods, please iLock this, now.

I'm beggining to wonder why I even brought this idea up in the first place.

------------------
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and is widely regarded as a bad move" - Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End Of The Universe
|(url="http://"http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/thepalshiferebelhideout")The Palshife Rebel Hideout (/url) |(url="http://"http://www.EVula.com") EVula's Lair(/url)

(This message has been edited by Jimbob (edited 12-01-2001).)

Originally posted by Jimbob:
Flames suck.

Agreed.

Originally posted by Jimbob:
**I seem to be losing respect for B &Bers...;

Don't get into this board division crap. Please. It will force people like me, who are perfectly happy to be contributing members of both forums, to choose one eventually.

------------------

Originally posted by ares1:
Mikee, no I was not talking to you in that post. However, you are acting like the lamest of newbies. Hey, you didn't care when your friends said that, so how can you punish me? I suppose you will find a way.

Punish you?? I didn't punish you, I called you a troll, because that is what you are being.

Hey, can you explain the whole troll thing? I undestand that you are trying to insult me, but you are doing a bad job. When I started pointing out that you were wrong, and you could not justify your actions, you began using stupid insults.

I was wrong? Where? I didn't use any insults. I called you a troll after I defended myself. Go back and read.

I called you a troll because you refuse to answer:

Look, you just said:
"Last time I pointed out your incorrectness I lost karma"

Did I drop your karma for that? You aren't making sense anymore.
I don't think I'll even bother with you, you're just a troll.

I have decided not to return the insult, as I do not want to sink to your level. And when a regular member does not want to sink to the level of a moderator, you know there is a problem.

Oh really?
"However, you are acting like the lamest of newbies."

Now, not only are you a troll because you are making outlandish statements and accusations... then refuse to back them up... but now you are a hypocrite.

Oh! And you never cited all those instanced where I was an ass, and thereby warrenting the karma slap you gave me.

I'm about to do a lot worse trollboy. I'm sick of you're false claims of things I did... then I ask you where and when I did it, to which you either:
A) Avoid it and talk about something else
or..
πŸ†’ Avoid it and start making up other false crap.

------------------
--mikeeJ

(This message has been edited by Soviet mikee (edited 12-01-2001).)