Combat

While Playing PoG, I have found that when i attack enemies, they tend to not be damaged, and often times, i take damage before they've even done anything. If these things are part of the combat system ok, but if not, these bugs tend to make me die alot faster. Also, for referance, it would be nice if someone could explain how combat worked(percentages, how armor works, percent decrease, fixed deacreace, ect). It didn't seem to be covered in the manual. Thank you

------------------
All hail Phill, master of insane rantings, Ruler of Heck, and Prince of insufficiant light

Well, the PoG combat system is wierd in that the damage occurs at the moment the attack animation starts rather than as the weapon hits the enemy, so that could be why you are getting damaged before the enemy has done anything. A good combat strategy early on is to block while the enemy is attacking and attack it between blows. It doesn't work very well with thieves, but it's almost a guranteed kill. If you still can't hurt the enemy before it kills you, I really don't have a clue... I have sometimes had problems dealing damage if I'm facing the wrong way...

------------------
"Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the galaxy lies a small unregarded yellow sun. Orbiting this at a distance of roughly ninety-eight million miles is an utterly insignificant little blue-green planet whose ape-descended life forms are so amazingly primitive that they still think digital watches are a pretty neat idea." - The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

(This message has been edited by LoneIgadzra (edited 08-28-2001).)

(This message has been edited by LoneIgadzra (edited 08-28-2001).)

When you first start out, your skills are pretty low. That's why you have trouble hitting the enemy. That's how it was when I first started on it. But as you gain levels, your skills go up, so you hit the enemy more often. It's simply a matter of your character becoming a better fighter as he gains more experience in the field of combat. It's a lot tougher than Diablo when you start out, and that's what I like about it. You feel a real sense of accomplishment when you're finally good enough to take out monsters with a single blow that had wiped the floor with you just a few levels ago.

------------------
Money is not the root of all evil, Jar Jar Binks is.

I don't know if you'll use your shield or not but...
A Tip for Claymore Users: let the enemies come to you and time your swing for when they enter your death zone. Even with your back turned, if you just time your swing, you'll still hit him.

------------------
"Treat animals just like they're people"
"But, we don't even treat people right."

(This message has been edited by TIE187 (edited 08-30-2001).)