Battle for Sol III: Pertinent Information

Welcome to the winning side, how may I help you, Slider? πŸ™‚

Seriously, am I still doing graphics or is Cluleless doing them? Cause if he is, thats cool, if I am, that's really cool. I have a couple of ideas, Shade, so give me a rating on the following (even if I don't do the graphics for them, assuming you give them the stamp of approval)

1.) The Rememberance. This could be your flagship.
-----DESC- Put simply- Kicka$$ cruiser!
-----COST- A lot!!!

2.) The Machette.
-----DESC- Basically the alien fighter. A seeker launcher, 150 seeker drones, and a light fusion beam.
-----COST- I dunno. 1 million? 1/2 million? 1 1/2 a million? Somewhere around there.

I had another really good one, but I can't remember it at the moment.

Anyway Shade, tell me what you think.

Originally posted by Lyra Engel:
Seriously, am I still doing graphics or is Cluleless doing them? Cause if he is, thats cool, if I am, that's really cool. I have a couple of ideas, Shade, so give me a rating on the following (even if I don't do the graphics for them, assuming you give them the stamp of approval)

Eh, Clueless is, but for the HC, if we ever get going... thanks for posting that though, I just remembered I still need to send Shade the old stuff. Sorry I forgot Shade, I was busy when I first saw that, but I'm not right now, so I'll go do that.

------------------
- Macavenger | e-mail: (url="http://"mailto:e-gamerguy1@home.com")mailto:e-gamerguy1@home.com(/url)e-gamerguy1@home.com

You don't really need to send them to me,I don't have webspace to put them up,remember.
Well,I have Geocities for when my graphics site gets up there,but you can't link to the outside world with it.

------------------
"Morals,children,morals.
Get some."-Me

Originally posted by Shade:
**You don't really need to send them to me,I don't have webspace to put them up,remember.
Well,I have Geocities for when my graphics site gets up there,but you can't link to the outside world with it.

Eh, you're the one that wanted them. Too late for me to retrieve the mail now anyway.

------------------
- Macavenger | e-mail: (url="http://"mailto:e-gamerguy1@home.com")mailto:e-gamerguy1@home.com(/url)e-gamerguy1@home.com

OK, I can do HC grapohics... Just tell me what to do. Nothing fancy, just something I can get to work in ampi or Mechanisto (Again, nothing fancy!).

OK, I can do HC grapohics... Just tell me what to do. Nothing fancy, just something I can get to work in ampi or Mechanisto (Again, nothing fancy!).

Um, that's taken - Clueless is doing those, remember?

------------------

So-Clueless is doing HC graphics.
The Empire is using Clueless's Alien graphics from BFS II to start with,and I will do all Alien graphics after that.
Spl_Cadet is doing Pirate graphics,I assume-I offered him 2 designs,but he replied saying that there were "weird lines on the body of the ships" which "really detracted from the attractiveness of the images",or somesuch.
I replied that this could either be A)the jpeg quality(event though I jpegged them at best quality)or B)the bump map.
I haven't had a response yet.

------------------
"Morals,children,morals.
Get some."-Me

Originally posted by Macavenger:
**Um, that's taken - Clueless is doing those, remember?

Yep, thanks for remembering me. I'm still interested. πŸ™‚

------------------
Eat, sleep, eat, sleep

Originally posted by Clueless:
Yep, thanks for remembering me. I'm still interested.:)

Heh, yes, and by the time Skyblade finishes the Dreden graphics and is ready to start, we'll probably have finished my plug. πŸ™‚ At least, I hope so, 'cause I'd hate to have BFS III delay the plug. πŸ˜‰ And so would Insano, I imagine.

------------------

Originally posted by Shade:
**So-Clueless is doing HC graphics.
The Empire is using Clueless's Alien graphics from BFS II to start with,and I will do all Alien graphics after that.
Spl_Cadet is doing Pirate graphics,I assume-I offered him 2 designs,but he replied saying that there were "weird lines on the body of the ships" which "really detracted from the attractiveness of the images",or somesuch.
I replied that this could either be A)the jpeg quality(event though I jpegged them at best quality)or B)the bump map.
I haven't had a response yet.

Sorry about that. I assumed it was a done deal. It would probably be the bump map whatever the heck that is supposed to mean. Try getting them to Macavenger or skyblade and hosted so that we can see if it was something with the e-mail or what.

------------------
(url="http://"http://www.geocities.com/shinigami_demon/")Shinigami's Demon: A Gundam Wing Fanfic Archive(/url)
(url="http://"http://www.geocities.com/spl_cadet/")EVN: The Beginning(/url)
US Naval Sea Cadet Corps, Petty Officer 3rd Class.

Spl_,the bump map is the bit of the "shader"(automatic colouring device)which makes the ship have a nice steel grid on it,an alien organic texture,or whatever.
I'll send them to Macavenger so you can all look at them.

------------------
"Morals,children,morals.
Get some."-Me

OK, somebody (can't remember who) said that HC graphics were open, so I volunteered. If nobody needs my help, I don't care. I have said that earlier, but apparently I didn't communicate it well enough.

For the last time,Clueless is doing HC graphics.

------------------
"Morals,children,morals.
Get some."-Me

Yes Shade, and for the last time, I don't care. I was merely stating this for the 20th time, because I didn't get it across for the first hundred times.

We heard you the first time.
And we answered.
I'm sorry if you didn't understand earlier-in future I will try to be more concise.
If there is a future for America,and the world.

------------------
"Morals,children,morals.
Get some."-Me

Well... Hate to be rude, but, actually... you didn't answer.

AS to the matter of the hijackings, don't worry, there is no way that we're going into WW III, or anything like that. The worst that could happen is that they might TRY to hijack some more planes, but the goverment has made sure that that isn't possible. My mom is driving home from the lecture she was at, because ALL comercial flights have been cancelled. She was in tears, apparently she knew many people who died. My dad had a best friend and a patient pf his who were murdered. When I say, "murdered," instead of "killed," I do it for a purpose- These poor, innocent victems were murdered, not killed. Dad didn't cry, or weep, he showed it in his own way. He just wanted to nuke the whole frickin Middle East, Left East, Right East, Northern East, Upper East, Southern East, Western East, Downward East, and Eastern East. he said "St. Michaels (the hospital he works at) needs a new parking lot, they should just nuke the whole damn place and build the new parking lot over there. Who gives a fk if the damn ****hole is radioactive, at least all those dm arabs are dead." I can't believe he, and other friends of mind, have said things like that. If we vote for violence and cruelty, we'd only be stooping to their lows. Put down your weapons, your guns, your torches, and instead- think. Use your god-given brain. Think of all those helpless little 3 year old girls who've never seen BarnyΒ™ or Sesame Street.Β™ They've done one thing, everyday, 24-7, for the past 2 years- colect bottles on the streets. Or think of the old man, his dignity long forgotten, lying on the road, crying for help as the celebrants march by. All his life, he's lived in that hell, and you want to give him a long, excruciating death by radioactivity? I can't see how someone could be inhuman enough to kill those innocent people at the Trade Center today, but I can't see eye-to-eye with the people who'd want to bomb Afganistan or whatever into submission, and nor can I agree with the people who want to settle this in long talks and negotiations, either. This is a very complicated matter, with so many different views, mixed with the emotional feelings of the mourners. For the non-BB'ers here, I will repeat this once again- Whether you live in a remote, desolate cabin in Oklahoma or an ritzy appartment in Manhatten, this tradgey will touch us all, each in our own way. It may come subtley, such as the shock from the mass devestation, or it may come as a crisis, such as the loss of a family member, but either way, this will change, and shape, our lives forever.

My heart goes out to those who have lost loved ones or family members, and I can only console you by telling you that your in my thoughts, and my prayers.

Posted Image

I know this doesn't have anything to do with the web board, but I can't beleive that the World Trade Center is gone... :frown: πŸ˜• . It's just really weird. We walked into our second hour class and saw them on fire. Then the power went out. An hour later, we turned it back on to find out they collapsed, and the Pentagon got hit. Scary.

Anyways, I might be able to do some simple graphics.

------------------
It's all fun and games until the cat knocks the Nitroglicerine over.

NOOOOOOOOOOO! DON'T SAY THAT WORD! BEWARE... BEWARE THE SHADE! THEY'LL EAT YOU... ALIVE... J/K, of course. πŸ˜› But I do BELIEVE that all graphics are already being done. At least, I'm PRETTY sure. Hmmm... Cna you clarify, Shade? πŸ˜› πŸ˜› πŸ˜› πŸ˜› πŸ˜› πŸ˜› πŸ˜› πŸ˜›

AS to the matter of the hijackings, don't worry, there is no way that we're going into WW III, or anything like that.

It's much too soon to say that for certain. It depends on who was involved. My personal feeling is that it was Osama bin-Laden and Saddam Hussein at the heart of it, but it's all just speculation and rumors now.

The worst that could happen is that they might TRY to hijack some more planes, but the goverment has made sure that that isn't possible.

It will be possible again once they resume flights, and extremely difficult to stop, if they try again with this much sophistication. Further, you can't say that nothing will happen. While I don't see additional attacks as likely at this point, there are other forms of suicide bombing besides plane hijacking.

My dad had a best friend and a patient pf his who were murdered. When I say, "murdered," instead of "killed," I do it for a purpose- These poor, innocent victems were murdered, not killed.

I'm very sorry to hear that, and you're also quite correct in using the term murder.

Dad didn't cry, or weep, he showed it in his own way. He just wanted to nuke the whole frickin Middle East, Left East, Right East, Northern East, Upper East, Southern East, Western East, Downward East, and Eastern East.

A rather natural reaction, but that's totally impractical. Just remember, they way the nuclear arsenals and deterrant systems are set up, in all likelihood, if anyone launches a nuke, the entire world will be pretty well wiped out within hours. Much like Independence day, except it'd be faster and there'd be no defense.

If we vote for violence and cruelty, we'd only be stooping to their lows. Put down your weapons, your guns, your torches, and instead- think. Use your god-given brain.

Excellent advice.

Think of all those helpless little 3 year old girls who've never seen BarnyΒ™ or Sesame Street.Β™ They've done one thing, everyday, 24-7, for the past 2 years- colect bottles on the streets. Or think of the old man, his dignity long forgotten, lying on the road, crying for help as the celebrants march by. All his life, he's lived in that hell, and you want to give him a long, excruciating death by radioactivity?

All quite true, but after today, I don't believe I'll ever be capable of having any sympathy whatsoever for the Palestinian people in particular, no matter how poor their conditions may be, or how badly Israel hammers them.

------------------

Originally posted by Macavenger
**All quite true, but after today, I don't believe I'll ever be capable of having any sympathy whatsoever for the Palestinian people in particular, no matter how poor their conditions may be, or how badly Israel hammers them.

I agree complteley. The shot of the children waving the flag in front of the camera after the first plane hit was devastating.
------------------
It's all fun and games until the cat knocks the Nitroglicerine over.

(This message has been edited by Jimbob (edited 09-11-2001).)