Windows version delay

I am rather curious as to why the the release of the windows version of PoG is being delayed... I know someone who is very anxious to play it. My initial theory was that Ambrosia was going to weather the storm of Mac downloads before releasing the windows version, but anyway, I'm just wondering.

------------------
"Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the galaxy lies a small unregarded yellow sun. Orbiting this at a distance of roughly ninety-eight million miles is an utterly insignificant little blue-green planet whose ape-descended life forms are so amazingly primitive that they still think digital watches are a pretty neat idea." - The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

(This message has been edited by LoneIgadzra (edited 08-28-2001).)

Originally posted by LoneIgadzra:
**I am rather curious as to why the the release of the windows version of PoG is being delayed... I know someone who is very anxious to play it. My initial theory was that Ambrosia was going to whether the storm of Mac downloads before releasing the windows version, but anyway, I am just wondering.

Yes, there is the download issue -- and also, we want to do some more testing on the Windows version. It isn't delayed, it simply isn't ready yet.

------------------
Andrew Welch / el Presidente / Ambrosia Software, Inc.
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.