Moderator Elections!!!

Originally posted by Macavenger:
**(like Space Between's To Flauntlence or however he speeled it)

That topic post was a direct flame, and it should have been addressed either through karma or the topic being locked up.

------------------
-Cap'n Skyblade
-Battle for Sol - Episode III: The Worlds Beyond the Milky Way - coming soon -

I have not visited this post in several days, but I must not have been clear when I posted...

Also, I think a good Mod is an un-noticed Mod. The fact that the Mods have seemed so "un-lordly" is to all their credit.

When I wrote "un-noticed Mod," I did not mean un-noticed as a member or poster. Of course a Mod should participate in a thread if they wish. I meant a Mod who is not "Lording their Mod-role over the rest of us" is a Mod deserving of credit.

...I have noticed some Mods who are quick to criticize a members' post ... too quick, IMHO.

Do I explain myself any better now...?

- KK

------------------
Courage stands halfway between cowardice and rashness, one of which is a lack, the other an excess of courage." ... Plutarch

Originally posted by Kaptain Karl:

...I have noticed some Mods who are quick to criticize a members' post ... too quick, IMHO.

Do I explain myself any better now...?

Sounded like a good explanation to me. I have to agree with your view to some extent...

------------------
-Cap'n Skyblade
(url="http://"http://www.saberstudios.f2s.com")Saber Studios(/url) - Your source for original EV/O/N graphics.

Actually, I'll admit, I've "ignored" this topic up until now, just to see what would happen. The truth is, EVula, for example, spends a lot of time on stuff outside of the board itself.

The other thing is, that andrew picks the mods, and he has done a good job of it. The fewer mods that we get in a certain amount of time, the better. New mods often tick alot of people off.

I check over the EV, EVO and EV BandB almost everyday, sometimes more than once or three times per day. If you find something offensive or wish for action, EMAIL me. But, as my years in the EV community and real life have taught me, people would rather just bitch, sometimes, even when they have nothing to bitch about.

And I thank many of you for proving that, in their complete inability to refer to anything or times that you are bitching about. "Well, mods just.. tick me off... but I won't say when it was or why...".

------------------
mikeeJ | Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy | 'Linux Geek'
"When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny"

(This message has been edited by Soviet mikee (edited 08-30-2001).)

I think the moderators we have are doing a fine job. Just because they don't post doesn't mean they aren't moderating. As for the moderator elections idea, it worked on the DiscBoards, but I don't think it would really make sense today, just because of the way the web board culture has evolved.

Originally posted by Luke:
Well, Skyblade, good luck on your possible possision as a moderator!

And the same from me.

Originally posted by Kaptain Karl:
I meant a Mod who is not "Lording their Mod-role over the rest of us" is a Mod deserving of credit.

I agree whole-heartedly.

Anyway, to respond to a few other statements that have been made across this topic:

Originally posted by Luke:
David is certainly worthy, though if I were him, I wouldn't want to be a mod. It would be more fun to just stay a member, I can't really explain why...

I suppose it would all depend on ~what~ I was asked to moderate.

Originally posted by General Rak:
I'd bet that David was asked, but declined.

I have never asked to be a moderator or been asked to be a moderator.

Originally posted by Blackdog:
I think Dave would rather get the legendary +15 karma prize than become a moderator.

I have never had any particular interest in my karma levels.

Originally posted by escape_alex:
maybe David Arthur is andrew but he just made a new account or something so people wount go and say: hey, andrew help me with this and that and stuff......

No, I am not Andrew, or anybody else other than myself. I have never posted on the UBB boards, DiscBoards, or WWWBoards under any name other than David Arthur.

Originally posted by coreycubed:
If only he were on our side (by which I mean the Rebellion)! But then he wouldn't be DA would he?

Exactly.

------------------
David Arthur
(url="http://"http://members.aol.com/darthur1/talon-ev/")Talon Plugin for the original Escape Velocity(/url)