Battle for Sol: Episode II - The Unfinished War -

After refueling at Alcyon, Rak's fleet hyperjumped into Saden. Destroying all the pirate argosies in the area (no losses) Rak bribed his way onto the planet to refuel and rearm, ready for the confrontation with Grunadulator fleet.

"Um, sir?" Asks a young dock-worker

"Yes?" Rak replied

"The reamament is taking longer then expected. The fleet will have to launch at 7:30 PM"

"So be it. Dismissed"

I only hope Gunadulator doesn't flee. But wait my fleet can jump 4 spaces. An evil smile spread across Rak's face.

i just noticed something.rak, your fleet has 292 ships.since the limit in the begining was 200 you couldnt have bought 92 ships eith the money.

------------------
I bet there darn tasty to.

Originally posted by grunadulater:
**i just noticed something.rak, your fleet has 292 ships.since the limit in the begining was 200 you couldnt have bought 92 ships eith the money.

Um... my math is correct. Skyblade purchased quite a few mantas for me 😉

General Rak is correct, and grunadulater, remember that this is the type of thing the discussion board is for.

------------------
- Macavenger | e-mail: (url="http://"mailto:e-gamerguy1@home.com")mailto:e-gamerguy1@home.com(/url)e-gamerguy1@home.com

Immediately after entering the system, Rak’s Destroyer M5s and Ospreys began pouring out torpedoes. The carriers dumped out all of the fighters with-in 10 seconds, and they sped towards the enemy. After the torpedo volley, 26 kestrels, 2 superkestrels, and 10 argosies were destroyed.

Then, the pirates responded. All of the Rapiers, X-Rapiers, Kestrels, and Superkestrels began shooting volley after volley of torpedoes. They destroyed all 3 cruisers, 10 M5s, and 2 ospreys.

As soon as they were with-in range, the lightnings poured out missiles at the dragonflies, and vice versa. All lightings were destroyed. 40 Dragonflies and 20 mantas were lost. The remaining fighters vainly tried to stop the rapiers, only killing 8 rapiers and 4 x-rapiers.

All the while, the corvettes and (x-)rapiers were moving forward to launch their heavy rockets. Also the battlecruisers and supercruisers were just about right next to the superkestrels and kestrels, waiting to strike. The troop argosies were off to the side, trying to pick off mantas.

Your move next, Grunadulator.

Updated stats-

Grunadulator-
3 superkestrel's
15 kestrels's
30 corvettes
20 modified aargosy's
2 rapiers
19 x-rapiers

2 Carriers- HCS Visionary (Flagship) and HCS Tristar
1 Heavy Cruiser
6 Supercruisers
10 Battlecruisers
1 Destroyer M6 Gunship
31 Ospreys
43 Destroyer M5s
45 Star Cobras
20 Dragonflies
60 Mantas

Rak, I think you're overestimating your torpedo salvo and under estimating grunadulater's response there. You're also dealing with an adjusted composition of his fleet, produced by him selling stuff, which was illegal. So, allow me to moderate here, and give my version of losses from the actions you describe.

I'd put losses from your initial torpedo attack at more like 2 Superkestrels and 14 Kestrels, with some heavy damage to other ships. Your thoughts on his counter fire with torpedoes are pretty good, I'd say the 3 Cruisers, 11 Destroyer M5s, and 3 Ospreys, plus heavy damage to some other ships.

You've got the fighter numbers all wrong. He's got 40 Rapiers, 30 Hawks, and 40 Lightnings. You've also got to factor in that the Corvettes coming forward are very good at dealing with fighters, and will be able to keep up with his pack of fighters. Also, your dragonflies don't have missiles. On the other hand, Star Cobras are quite good. Let's say about 25 Lightnings, 25 Hawks, 2 Corvettes, and 5 Rapiers killed, against losses of 55 Mantas, 25 Dragon flies, and 10 Star Cobras.
So, grunadulater's turn, if either of you want to complain about this, do it on the discussion thread. But remember that I'm a thread mod, and an Alien person, so I'm impartial: You can both go to hell equally as far as I'm concerned. 🙂

(edit)Ships remaining:
grunadulater:
3 Superkestrels
27 Kestrels
28 Corvettes
30 Modified Argosies
35 Rapiers
15 Lightnings
5 hawks

General Rak:
2 Carriers
1 Heavy Cruiser
6 Supercruisers
10 Battlecruisers
28 Ospreys
1 Destroyer M6
42 Destroyer M5s
35 Star Cobras
35 Dragonflies
25 Mantas

------------------
- Macavenger | e-mail: (url="http://"mailto:e-gamerguy1@home.com")mailto:e-gamerguy1@home.com(/url)e-gamerguy1@home.com

(quote)Originally posted by Macavenger:
**I'd put losses from your initial torpedo attack at more like 2 Superkestrels and 14 Kestrels, with some heavy damage to other ships. Your thoughts on his counter fire with torpedoes are pretty good, I'd say the 3 Cruisers, 11 Destroyer M5s, and 3 Ospreys, plus heavy damage to some other ships.

You've got the fighter numbers all wrong. He's got 40 Rapiers, 30 Hawks, and 40 Lightnings. You've also got to factor in that the Corvettes coming forward are very good at dealing with fighters, and will be able to keep up with his pack of fighters. Also, your dragonflies don't have missiles. On the other hand, Star Cobras are quite good. Let's say about 25 Lightnings, 25 Hawks, 2 Corvettes, and 5 Rapiers killed, against losses of 55 Mantas, 25 Dragon flies, and 10 Star Cobras.
So, grunadulater's turn, if either of you want to complain about this, do it on the discussion thread. But remember that I'm a thread mod, and an Alien person, so I'm impartial: You can both go to hell equally as far as I'm concerned. :frown:

the carvettes and fighters go after the enemy fighters while the larger ships kestrels and argrosies fire missiles and that kind of stuff at the capitals.all non giuded missiles from all fired at the slow capitals.soon the ship numbers were
grunadulater:
2 superkestrels
16 kestrels
19 corvettes
13 modified agrosys
15 rapiers
3 lightnings
0 hawks

raks:
1 carrier
0 heavy crusiers
2 supercrusiers
4 battlecrusiers
17 ospreys
0 destroyer m6s
25 destroyer m5s
5 starcobras
15 drogon flies
5 mantas
----------
"mayday mayday!to all pirates near!please help anyone!"

------------------
I bet there darn tasty to.

Originally posted by grunadulater:
**the carvettes and fighters go after the enemy fighters while the larger ships kestrels and argrosies fire missiles and that kind of stuff at the capitals.all non giuded missiles from all fired at the slow capitals.soon the ship numbers were
grunadulater:
2 superkestrels
16 kestrels
19 corvettes
13 modified agrosys
15 rapiers
3 lightnings
0 hawks

raks:
1 carrier
0 heavy crusiers
2 supercrusiers
4 battlecrusiers
17 ospreys
0 destroyer m6s
25 destroyer m5s
5 starcobras
15 drogon flies
5 mantas
----------
"mayday mayday!to all pirates near!please help anyone!"

Whoa there. How did I lose 4 supercruisers and 1 battlecruiser against a handful of kestrels and superkestrels. Maybe one supercruisers or heavy cruiser, but not 5! Macavenger?

He also took out a carrier!!!

Also, please provide some details of the battle. And make it coherent 😉

I also think you would lose more corvettes, going into a stream of heavy fire. Just to show how skewed this battle is, I'll post the losses.

Pirate Losses-
1 superkestrel
9 kestrels
9 corvettes
17 modified agrosys
20 rapiers
12 lightnings
5 hawks

HC Losses-
1 carrier
1 heavy crusier
4 supercrusiers
6 battlecrusiers
11 ospreys
1 destroyer m6s
17 destroyer m5s
30 starcobras
20 drogon flies
20 mantas

These losses are totally outrageous (sp?), and have to be repealed. I refuse to complete the battle until they are.

As soon as the corvettes and rapiers reached the body of Rak's fleet, they wrecked havoc on his destroyer M5s and ospreys. 18 destroyer M5s were destroyed, and many more severly damaged. 5 ospreys were also killed. In the resulting turbolaser fire, all the rapiers but 5 were picked off. Corvette numbers were lowered to 10. The battlecruisers and supercruisers opened fire on the kestrels, instantly killing 7 of them. The remaining kestrels and SuperKestrels concentrated fire on one supercruiser, killing it. By that time though, only 1 SuperKestrel, and 7 Kestrels were left, and retreated. The fighters were another story. Before all the lightnings and hawks were picked off, Rak's fighters were reduced to 15 of each class. Grunadulator also retrieved 20 argosies. Because of sever damage, Rak's fleet could not pursue Grunadulators fleet to a secret pirate base.

Updated stats-

Grunadulator-
1 SuperKestrel
7 Kestrels
10 Corvettes
20 Modified Argosys
5 Rapiers

2 Carriers- HCS Visionary (Flagship) and HCS Tristar
1 Heavy Cruiser
5 Supercruisers
10 Battlecruisers
1 Destroyer M6 Gunship
23 Ospreys
25 Destroyer M5s
25 Star Cobras (Carrier)
25 Dragonflies (Carrier)
25 Mantas (Carrier)

You guys do your best to keep the battles fair...And whoever losses, just accept it.

If you lose your entire fleet, you are not elliminated from the game. You just simply have to wait for your government to buy you some extra ships.

------------------
-Cap'n Skyblade
-Battle for Sol - Episode II: The Unfinished War-
(url="http://"http://members.home.net/e-gamerguy1/ev/bfs2/TheUnfinishedWarMap.jpg")Map(/url) | (url="http://"http://members.home.net/e-gamerguy1/ev/bfs2/human/HumanConfederationWeapons.html")Human Confederation Weapons(/url) | (url="http://"http://members.home.net/e-gamerguy1/ev/bfs2/pirate/PirateWeapons.html")Pirate Weapons(/url) | (url="http://"http://members.home.net/e-gamerguy1/ev/bfs2/alien/AlienWeapons.html")Alien Weapons(/url)
(url="http://"http://members.home.net/e-gamerguy1/ev/bfs2/human/HumanConfederationShipyard.html")Human Confederacy Shipyard(/url) | (url="http://"http://members.home.net/e-gamerguy1/ev/bfs2/pirate/PirateShipyard.html")Pirate Shipyard(/url) | (url="http://"http://members.home.net/e-gamerguy1/ev/bfs2/alien/AlienShipyard.html")Alien Empire Shipyard(/url)

The day the Human Confederation had been dreading arrived. The Aliens were back.

As Macavenger's fleet jumped into the Apollo system, alarm bells began ringing on Fleet Commander Tycho Maudd's flagship. As he looked at the screens, he quickly realized that they were in a hopeless situation. The Alien fleet had 4 of the feared Battlecruisers, anlong with 48 Cruisers and 56 Fighters. As he watched, the Battlecruisers disgorged another 48 Fighters, and the Cruisers added 96.

We're doomed, he thought. Four Battlecruisers, and I don't even have a Carrier. Skyblade, why did you put my fleet on guard here?
"Get us out of here!" he shouted to the bridge crew. "What's the quickest route to the edge of the system?"

"Right through the Alien fleet, sir," answered his helmsman.

"Take us through. Set course for Vulcan, we have to retreat."

The Alien fleet had jumped in almost on top of the human fleet. Fighters were launched, but stood little real chance of doing anything. Alien fighters led the charge, as all Alien ships fired Seeker Modules. The Humans returned fire with Torpedoes, killing a pair of Cruisers. The fighters intersected, and while packs of Star Cobras were able to group together to destroy Alien Fighters, the Aliens gave far worse than they got. The Alien Fighters swept up all the Confederation fighters, at a cost of only 5 of their number.

The Seeker modules raced in, sowing massive damage amongst the Confederation capital ships. Six ospreys, 2 Supercruisers, 4 Cruisers, 12 Destroyers, and 4 Destroyer M5s were lost. The Alien Fighters raced in, attacking with their beams, killing another group of ships, while losing 4 more fighters to Turbolaser and rocket fire. Then three fighters raced in at the Heavy Cruiser, which was seriously damaged from Seeker fire. It returned fire with Flak Turrets, a new weapon to the Aliens. All three fighters were lost, though the Heavy cruiser was nearly crippled.

The Battle lines came together, with Human ships firing everything at the Cruisers. They did manage to destroy one of the Battlecruisers, while offering moderate damage to 2 of the others. 5 Cruisers and 2 more fighters were lost. After passing through the Alien line, the human ships continued straight for the edge of the system, and the Aliens were not able to catch up with them. The Heavy Cruiser, 2 more Supercruiers, and many smaller ships were lost from the time the lines crossed to when the fleet was able to limp out to Vulcan.

Rather than pursue, the Aliens came in at the surface. A moderate defence fleet came out at them, but there was no hope. Due to the damaged nature of the fleet, they were able to destroy 2 more Cruisers and three more fighters, plus nearly a Battlecruiser. But it was in vain, all of them went down. Marine pods detatched from the larger ships, and went down to the surface to finish the conquest.

The Apollo system now belongs to the Alien Empire.

Fleet numbers for my fleet and Tycho Maudd's:

Macavenger:
3 Battlecruisers
41 Cruisers
87 Alien Heavy Fighters

Tycho Maudd:
2 Supercruisers
6 Cruisers
4 Destroyers
7 Destroyer M5s
5 Ospreys

============

In the NGC-1249 system, there was a small Human fleet, tasked with keeping the system in control of the Confederation from pirate attacks. But no longer.

The fleet of Alien Fleet Commander rebel council sliced into the sytem and attacked viciously. The little fleet of 10 Destroyers and 25 assorted fighters never had a chance, though by massing fire they were able to take out a Cruiser before all were lost.

The NGC-1249 system now belongs to the Alien Empire.

Afterwards, rebel council's fleet hypered to the NGC-7665 system.

rebel council's remaining fleet:
2 Battlecruisers
44 Cruisers
64 Fighters
24 Interceptors

============

Subspace transmission
To: All alien fleet commanders
From; Emperor Macavenger

Raid on Apollo proceeded successfully. Shade, you have your orders, carry them out. Additionally, I hereby demote Fleet Commander rebel council to 2 Star Commander, and promote Shade to 3 Stars in his place. Shade has shown better performance and communication than RC. rebel council's fleet is now attached to Shade's command to complete his assignment, though it stays n the NGC-7665 system for now. Shade, you know what to do, and I trust you to do it. That is all.

- Emperor Macavenger

------------------

Fleet stats:
2 Battlecruisers
20 Cruisers
32 Fighters

Third Star Fleet Commander of the Alien Empire Stellar Navy Shade read Emperor Macavenger's message and smiled.
The day the Race had waited so long for was at hand.
The Alien fleet exited the Jump point into NGC-0538 and headed at top speed down towards the system's south pole,out of the range of Humanity's sensor sattelites.
Swinging under the south pole of NGC-0538,the fleet plunged upwards towards the system's second planet.
As they neared the barren world and it's inhabited moon,the Human sensors finally noticed them.
Fighters launched from their hangars on the moon,hurtling towards the fleet far faster than the Heavy Fighters of the Aliens could go.
(The Human vessels are an unknown quantity)the shipmind reminded mim doubtfully.
Shade snarled back at the shipmind.
"We are the Empire!We are Invincible!"

=Interlude=

Kerran's Manta sped towards the Alien fleet.
Until today,he'd thought that this duty,defending the moon formerly known as Evildrome,was as boring as it got.
But today he'd learned differently,and today he'd be lucky to survive.
Around him,the other fighters of the defense group-
15 Mantas and 10 Dragonflies-
were hit by seeker modules and destroyed under the beams of the Alien Fighters.
Further back were the 5 old-model Destroyers of the defense group,such an out-of the-way outpost being denied the support of more sophisticated M5 or M6 Destroyers.
The massive,mottled bulk of an Alien Battlecruiser loomed up on his viewscreen,his Turbolaser bolts splashing off it harmlessly.
There was a sudden red glow from the Battlecruiser,the Manta smashed away from the Alien vessel,and then nothing.

=Interlude Ends=

Shade returned his thoughts to the viewing lenses positioned on the walls of the command chamber.
The Human fighters had all been destroyed,but now the Destroyers advanced,concentrating their torpedo fire on two Cruisers.
Shade's heavy fighters buzzed in to hit them at speeds the old Destroyers could not match,and when the Destroyers neared the bulk of the Fleet,they were quickly eliminated.
The two cruisers were heavily damaged by torpedos.
The fleet continued towards the small moon unopposed.
Swinging by the moon on their way to the system's exit point,the Cruisers launched clusters of marine pods onto the moon.
Within days whatever resistance remained would be eliminated.
Shade turned to his hailing channels.
"We have captured the system known as NGC-0538.
Long live the Alien Emperor,may he rule for a million years!"

NGC-0538 and all planets therein are now territory of the Alien Empire.

The ships passed through the system recently conquered by Rebel Council,and into the NGC-7665 system.
Rebel Council's fleet was waiting for them beyond the system's heliopause,and together the two fleets moved inwards.
The Human ships noticed them early,and sped outwards to meet the invaders.
The 10 Mantas,and 5 Dragonflies were quickly destroyed when they reached the fleet.
The Alien fighters swarmed towards the destroyers,ripping them apart with Fusion Beam fire.
The fleets entered orbit of the single inhabited planet,Rebel Council's fleet at the South pole,Shade's fleet at the North pole.
The world was seeded with Marine pods,and Shade waited for further orders from his Emperor.

NGC-7665 and all planets therein are now territory of the Alien Empire.

Fleet stats:
2 Battlecruisers
32 Fighters
20 Cruisers,two heavily damaged.

Long live the Emperor!

Priority 1 Encrypted Transmission
-To Captain_Skyblade@Gov.exec.secnet
-From General_Rak@HCN.brass.secnet

In a previous message, I stated-
"have ErsadtSF go to Apollo.'"

You were a fool for not sending back-up to our weakest fleet, who had to cover the most tightly grouped systems.

I believe you should fortify Vulcan with both your and EsadtSFs fleet. Replenishing TMs fleet as a unit for capturing unguarded planets is a good idea. Buying a s***load of M6 Gunships should disable the alien threat. Along with quite a few heavy cruisers.
--- --- ---
HCNN-The Senate has just passed a resolution of war against the pirates and aliens. Also, on another note, the congression body is investigating into impeachment of President Skyblade.

YES!!! 😄 Long live the Empire!

Update on Fleet Admiral UE Crusader's forces:

2 Carriers
7 SuperCruisers
12 BattleCruisers
1 Heavy Cruiser
20 Cruisers
13 Ospreys
22 Destroyer M5's
1 Destroyer M6
11 Frigates
11 Destroyers
90 Mantas (aboard Carrier)
115 Star Cobras (aboard Carrier)

Current system position: DSN-9758

------------------------------------

Crusader had read the latest reports. Things were going badly for the Human Confederation. Between the aliens and the Pirate offensive, he knew the HC was caught in the middle.

He pondered the request by General Rak to split up his fleet to counter the attacks up north. Finally, he shook is head.

This is no time to split up my forces and make them weaker. What is needed now is a bold move to turn the tide against the Pirates. And Crusader knew just how to do it. He turned to his first officer.

"Notify Captain Skyblade and General Rak that I will come to support the galactic west shortly, but before I come I shall have the Pirate stronghold of Saden subdued and under the Human Confederation's domination!"

He then called out orders to the communication officers on the bridge. "Inform the rest of the fleet. We're moving out!"

To be continued in the next post.....probably coming later today!

------------------
(url="http://"http://www.oxy-web.com/uec/7thAxis.htm")7th Axis: A Round 5 Planetarion Galaxy(/url)
We will strive for nothing but excellence and success. We've got 20 spots left, secure yours today!

As he is repairing his fleets damage, Rak decides to take over a hostile planet. He loads up troops for hire.

Depart time- 3:00 PM
--- --- ---
Hey Crusader- You like PA? So do I... I finally found another person who likes it 😉

"Commander, I have some bad news."

"Yes?"

"Apollo was attacked and captured by 'unknown vessels'."

"#$!%," the commander cursed. Only he and his second-in-command knew what was meant by "unknown vessels." It was a code of sorts to prevent mass panic. But the commander knew.
The aliens had captured Apollo.

"Set a course for Vulcan, and send a message to President Skyblade requesting reinforcements."

"Sir, perhaps we should wait for orders..."

"I'm pretty sure my orders arent to let the aliens destroy us all," the commander whispered."I will take full responsibility. Set a course for Vulcan."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Fleet Unchanged)

------------------
Ill put it this way - I dont write novels.

“Let’s get serious!” Wilk opened in his tactical meeting with wing commanders Dirk, Vic and Kotov and each of their Seconds. “As you know we ‘monitor’ HC communications as much as we can. It seems that several HC battle groups are being directed to the other side of the galaxy from us. ...Something about another Alien threat. While the HC’s attention is elsewhere, we have an opportunity.... I want Turin V and New Instanbul under our ‘protection’ before the HC can do anything about it.”

The conference table nearly buckled as the warriors pounded out their approval. The uproar quickly subsided and KK’s warriors focused on their tactical plan....

The whole northeast sector of the galaxy was in turmoil. And it was over almost as quickly as it began.

As planned, Kotov’s wing of 21 ‘Vettes and 44 X-Rapiers hit Turin V. The rest of Wilk’s fleet was headed for New Istanbul. (Wilk’s Super Kestrel squad and both remaining wings of ‘Vettes and X-Rapiers (1 Super K, 42 ‘Vettes, 89 X-Rapiers) double-jumped first to get a head start.

Luckily for Kotov’s wing, no HC capital ships were in Turin’s system. Turin V’s defense fleet was doomed from the beginning of the attack. Wave after wave of defense fighters were mowed down by the X-Rapiers’ Torpedoes and Swivels. The few remaining defenders had a brief flash of hope as the Xs seemed to be falling back. But Turin’s hope was quickly dashed. Kotov had been holding his Corvettes in reserve. The ‘Vettes’ missiles and Javelins made short work of the balance of Turin V’s defenders.

Kotov was astonished to note the entire battle had taken less than an hour.

“Damage report.” Kotov requested. “We lost three X-Rapiers. Light damage to four Corvettes and seven more X-Rapiers, Sir.” reported Kotov’s Second Mate.

“Land and rearm as rapidly as possible. We have a date to join Kaptain Karl in New Istanbul,” ordered Kotov.

KK’s arrival in New Istanbul was quite differently received. (“Could Yemuro have known we were coming?” wondered Wilk.) But Wilk’s fleet was -er-“impolite” from the moment they swept in.

Two HC Frigates and a Cruiser were just leaving port when KK’s fleet appeared. The HC ships and New Istanbul’s defense fleet came gamely on.

“The Cruiser’s ours!” barked Wilk. “Dirk and Vic, proceed as planned.” The battle was on...

The vicinity of New Istanbul was so filled with torpedoes, missiles, heavy rockets and assorted energy weapons fire; from near space it looked like a star going nova. (Even in the midst of the battle, Dirk could not resist.) “This ‘serious’ enough for you Kap’n? Yo-ho-ho-ho-ho!” he chortled while his ‘Vette circled and blazed away at one of the Frigates.

The Super Kestrel and the HC Cruiser seemed oblivious to the rest of the dog fights going on around them. They headed straight for each other, firing missiles, torpedoes and energy weapons as fast as they could cycle. They were fairly well matched for fire power. The difference was the Super Kestrels superior shielding. In no time, the Cruiser imploded with a shock wave that spun KK’s Scourge completely around.

“Status?!” demanded Kaptain Karl. “Shields down to 40%. 12 Torpedoes and 21 missiles left,” reported the Third Mate.

“Launch the Lightings and when our shields are back to 65%, close on whoever we can immediately,” ordered Wilk. The battle was going pretty well. ...And then it wasn’t.

The second HC Frigate had turbolasers which were incredibly fast. Two pirate corvettes and five X-Rapiers had fallen to the Frigate. “Do not enter close combat with that Frigate!” screamed pirate Commander Vic. “Those are turreted quad-turbolasers on that thing! Keep your distance and hit him with your guided weapons,” Vic ordered.

“That must be one of the ships the HC beta-tested the quad-turrets on,” commented Dirk.

“A lotta good that intel does me now!” snapped Vic. “Most of my ‘Vettes and Xs are out of missiles and torpedoes.

The HC defense was slowing the pirates’ momentum. The remaining HC Rapiers and Mantas were rallying around the Frigate. When a pirate fighter managed to get through the quad-turret fire and strafe the Frigate, the pirate was swarmed by the HC fighters. Two more X-Rapiers were killed by the Frigate’s force.

“Wilk, we could use your help with this crazy ‘Super-Frigate wing,’ signaled Vic. “I’m a little busy myself. You’re on your own,” replied KK.

(By now the battle had only two cores of activity. The HC Frigate’s wing was valiantly fighting the superior numbers of pirate attackers. And KK’s Super Kestrel, supported by a ‘Vette and a few X-Rapiers, was in a ‘mirroring’ battle itself. More than a dozen HC Rapiers were diving in and out of the Scourge’s proton bolt turrets’ range.)

What had started out looking like a pirate massacre was beginning to balance out. Then it was over....

“Aye, maties! Help is on the way!” shouted Kotov as his wing hypered in to the fray from Turin. Instantly sizing up the situation -- and wanting to keep it simple -- Kotov called out one command, “X’s, help the Scourge! Corvettes, follow me!”

As Dirk’s and Vic’s wings fell away from the fight to regroup, missiles from 21 Corvettes hit the HC Frigate in a torrent of fire. Kotov’s ‘Vettes swept through the Frigate’s support fighters and with a single pass there was nothing left of the Frigate’s squad. “Thanks for saving some for us, maties!” called out Kotov.

“We ‘preciate the help, Kotov, your X’s finished off my bogies in one of the prettiest fusillades of fire I’ve ever seen,” said KK.

“What’s that...?” “Belay any attack on the planet, Boy-os,”announced KK. We just received a comm that New Istanbul surrenders!!!”

When the roaring and cheering subsided Karl instructed, “Quartermaster Pl’Haav, find out from Grunadulater’s people when we’re getting resupplied with ships. We don’t have time to waste on celebrations. And Master Kwan, find out what our other Fleet Commanders are doing. Sattomax and Spl_Cadet can get to Grunadulater’s aid before we can.”

“Damage report?” KK asked.

“In taking both systems we lost 3 Corvettes and 14 X-Rapiers, Kap’n. New Istanbul’s defense was pretty good.”

“You’d fight hard for a Tech Level 5 planet too,” opined KK. “Wilk, out.”

Turin is now a pirate-controlled system

Yemuro is now a pirate-controlled system

++++++++++++++
KK’s Pirate fleet #846 - positioned in the Yemuro system

1........Super Kestrel
61......Corvettes
119....X-Rapiers

------------------
“You will find that we will be either the most loyal and trustworthy of allies, or ... if you insist on trying to swallow us up -- the worst of enemies. The choice is yours. And should you choose to fight us ... don’t bring a knife to a gunfight!!!”

(This message has been edited by Kaptain Karl (edited 08-05-2001).)