isn't it boring down here?

I'm guessing this is the first game you've ever beta tested?

Nope...Sorry...This is my third, but my first for Ambrosia.

Yeah, BTW, I WAS messing with all of you guys. It's about a page of .pdf goodness. Sorry for scaring you all so badly...

-Anatole

------------------
Whee!

**Orginally posted by Aragorn:
I''m not picking on Tarnćlion Andiyarus, he just had the last post, that's all 🙂

I did realise that he was joking. Just adding some more pointless info so that people actually think that his board has stuff worth reading at the moment.....

It's good that you weren't picking on me. I might have had to take that in a ....bad way....

Always remember, the pen is mightier then the sword. Or it is when people insult people, yes?

Maybe that line should say 'keyboard' instead of pen.....

-Andiyar

------------------
"Any good that I may do here, let me do now, for I may not pass this way again"

(This message has been edited by Tarnćlion Andiyarus (edited 06-25-2001).)

(quote)Originally posted by Tarnćlion Andiyarus:
**BTW, if any Coldstone testers are here, and wish to tell, is the Coldstone manual (if any) large? I personally would expect it to be quite big.... not necessarily a couple of hundred pages though!:)

------------------
The secret of success is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake those, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx
Peace cannot be achieved through violence, it can only be attained through understanding. - Albert Einstein
Hardy har har! Little do they know: They are ALL going to hell!! Hardy har har! - God, attributed

Cool. I could make a w00table game.

I like.

-Anatole

------------------
Whee!

Originally posted by Glenn:
**w00table

lol, hehe, w00table, i like that, w00table 🙂

mumbles something about adding that word to his vocabulary

------------------

(This message has been edited by Aragorn (edited 06-27-2001).)

We could become the next dictionary adders. After all, Oxford is adding phat and homie...

-Anatole

------------------
Whee!

Originally posted by Zelda:
**Here I was just assuming it was like Divinity or Blades of Exile and you had to purchase the engine to play the games. I'll try and pay more attention. Thanks!

---Zelda**

. Once again you're wrong. Divinity does not require Realmz, nor does Realmz require Divinity. In order to play games made by Divinity, you require Devine Right, a version of Realmz designed to play those custom scinarios. Blades of Exile comes with the editor, and you have to register Blades to be able to play any scinario other then the one scinario the demo comes with(there are a few ways to get past that, but its a long story).
Also, in Realmz, you register individual scinarios, although the City of Bywater scinario I think comes free with a basic registration of Realmz and is required to be registered before you can get any other scinarios(you can get a bunch all at once, but one of them has to be Bywater. I think.).
I've been wanthing Divinity and Devine Right for a long, long time, up until I found Coldstone.
Now I want Coldstone instead(as Divinity is a bit out of date).

------------------
(url="http://"http://www.avidgamers.com/phil")Philosophical Mouse(/url), two words that don't go together.
I'm finally out of marshmallows.
(/backspeak)(/mindless rant)

Originally posted by Mouse:

Originally posted by Zelda:
**Here I was just assuming it was like Divinity or Blades of Exile and you had to purchase the engine to play the games. I'll try and pay more attention. Thanks!

---Zelda**

. Once again you're wrong. Divinity does not require Realmz, nor does Realmz require Divinity. In order to play games made by Divinity, you require Devine Right, a version of Realmz designed to play those custom scinarios.

...snip...

Divine Right is no longer necessary to play Divinity Scenarios... Realmz now plays all scenarios.

Skip

------------------
...it wasn't me...

Originally posted by bobblehat:
**just to liven things up! (sorry for spaming, i don't usually spam) i think people are really looking forward to coldstone more than PoG but i may be wrong:p

I believe you're wrong. Far more people play games than create them.

------------------
Andrew Welch / el Presidente / Ambrosia Software, Inc.
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Originally posted by andrew:
**I believe you're wrong. Far more people play games than create them.

On that note, does Ambrosia have plans for any new large releases of games made with CS? I know it's been said that you could distribute your game through Ambrosia, but I can only assume that not everyone's game would get the fanfare PoG is getting. Will there be any more games of it's stature released?

------------------
We shall accept payment in a large briefcase. American dollar good for this purpose. LARGE briefcase, remember. -- forge

Originally posted by andrew:
**I believe you're wrong. Far more people play games than create them.

In rebuttal, there are far more quality games available than are quality game engines (to the mainstream consumer of course). Thus, Coldstone is the more exciting benchmark product than PoG.

Saphfire

------------------

Originally posted by saphfire:
**In rebuttal, there are far more quality games available than are quality game engines (to the mainstream consumer of course). Thus, Coldstone is the more exciting benchmark product than PoG.

I believe that you are more excited about Coldstone's release than PoG's. However, far more people play games than create them (otherwise, who would play what you create?)

------------------
Andrew Welch / el Presidente / Ambrosia Software, Inc.
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.