PoG b3 is out...

This is a huge milestone; and quite possibly the last beta before Pillars of Garendall is released. The game is looking truly awesome, I think this board is going to be very busy rather soon. 🙂

I'm sure Dee will update the (url="http://"http://www.AmbrosiaSW.com/webboard/Forum18/HTML/000010.html")progress log(/url) shortly!

------------------
Andrew Welch / el Presidente / Ambrosia Software, Inc.
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Originally posted by andrew:
**This is a huge milestone; and quite possibly the last beta before Pillars of Garendall is released. The game is looking truly awesome, I think this board is going to be very busy rather soon.:)

I'm sure Dee will update the progress log shortly!

Yahoo!! At least it is comming out soon, so its not that bad that i missed beta..

Will it be released before, with, after or have anything to do with coldstone (discount for buying both)

------------------
I dont have a signature

**I'm sure Dee will update the progress log shortly!

There you go. 🙂

------------------
Dee Brown
Coldstone Game Engine developer
Beenox inc. - (url="http://"http://www.beenox.com")www.beenox.com(/url)

(This message has been edited by Dee (edited 07-05-2001).)

Originally posted by Chocolate_Ambrosia:
**Will it be released before, with, after or have anything to do with coldstone (discount for buying both)

probably not with the initial release -- unless ASW has been seriously lighting a fire under the behinds of the CS beta testers, there is going to be a lag between the release of PoG and CS. So, you'll have to get them seperately.

------------------
Do not follow me for I may not lead. Do not lead for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either. Just leave me the hell alone.
-Jedi

I doubt there will be a discount for buying both; it's like wanting a discount for EV NOVA because you bought the other two games. Basically, they are two seperate products, and will not be released at the same time.

-Anatole

------------------
Whee!

Originally posted by Anatole:
**I doubt there will be a discount for buying both; it's like wanting a discount for EV NOVA because you bought the other two games. Basically, they are two seperate products, and will not be released at the same time.

-Anatole

Ok, makes sence; thank you

------------------
I dont have a signature

I doubt there will be a discount for buying both; it's like wanting a discount for EV NOVA because you bought the other two games.

Of course, you can and do get a discount on EVO if you're already a registered user of EV. 🙂

Not that I want to delay things, but I actually hope that this isn't the last beta, or at the very least, that the testers get to check the "release candidate" before public release. So many changes have been made for b3, I don't see how we can thoroughly check them all in one beta (as bugs can and do hide other bugs).

I will say this, though: b3 is much much cooler than b2, and I've only had time to play - er, test - it for about half an hour so far. It's gonna be an awesome game.

------------------
Peace cannot be achieved through violence, it can only be attained through understanding. - Albert Einstein
The loss of enemies does not compensate for the loss of friends. - Abraham Lincoln
The human race has one really effective weapon, and that is laughter. - Mark Twain

Originally posted by Glenn:
**Not that I want to delay things, but I actually hope that this isn't the last beta, or at the very least, that the testers get to check the "release candidate" before public release. So many changes have been made for b3, I don't see how we can thoroughly check them all in one beta (as bugs can and do hide other bugs).

true dat. we've only had the thing for a day now and there are already bugs popping up left and right. I doubt it'll go through another full beta though -- people have been waiting too long for a new ASW game. I have a feeling we'll get some update patches as we go, instead of having a b4. either way, the game'll be ready to go in prime condition.

------------------
Do not follow me for I may not lead. Do not lead for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either. Just leave me the hell alone.
-Jedi

Originally posted by jmitchell:
**true dat. we've only had the thing for a day now and there are already bugs popping up left and right. I doubt it'll go through another full beta though -- people have been waiting too long for a new ASW game. I have a feeling we'll get some update patches as we go, instead of having a b4. either way, the game'll be ready to go in prime condition.

The bugs that have cropped up are quite minor, but that aside, you should not be mentioning this publically in any event.

------------------
Andrew Welch / el Presidente / Ambrosia Software, Inc.
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

**The bugs that have cropped up are quite minor, but that aside, you should not be mentioning this publically in any event.

Ooh, busted... 😉 Hehehe...

------------------
We shall accept payment in a large briefcase. American dollar good for this purpose. LARGE briefcase, remember. -- forge

Of course, you can and do get a discount on EVO if you're already a registered user of EV.

Oops. Anyway, you understand what I mean... They're two different products.

------------------
Whee!

Oops. Anyway, you understand what I mean... They're two different products.

Yah. As I see it, a Coldstone/PoG cross-discount is unlikely, because then they would presumably have to give a cross-discount for any and all other future made-with-Coldstone games, right? 🙂

------------------
Peace cannot be achieved through violence, it can only be attained through understanding. - Albert Einstein
The loss of enemies does not compensate for the loss of friends. - Abraham Lincoln
The human race has one really effective weapon, and that is laughter. - Mark Twain