Another post about plug-ins...

I've downloaded a couple plug-ins, but I don't know how to load it into the game. How do you use it? For a low-bit game like this, it's really confusing! 😉

------------------
"English? Who needs that? I'm never going to England!"-Homer Simpson

Unstuff it or whatever then put it in the plug-ins folder not developers. ; )

------------------

Yeah! after downloading it unstuff it which should create a folder . In it theres a plug and a read me. Take the actual plug out of the folder and place it in the EV plug-ins foldes and start the game. But if you put to much in(like me )your game my have some problems.(mine totaly crashed and wont start I'm going to have to replace it) 😉

------------------
if it dosent doesn't
squiel its not worth
killing

Thanx, I'll try that.(Rawzer, looking doubtful, with a bit of hope.) 😉

------------------

Okay, I did that and I opened it up, and I think it was about to work, but a message came up that went like this: "Yikes! The application Escape Velocity ran out of memory while trying to load. Try increasing the memory allowment for Escape Velocity." ...or something along those lines. Anyway, what the Beep does that mean?

------------------

Well i cant help you there the same exact thing happend to me :eek:. I tryed increasing merory, tried taking out all the plugs (exept tuner) and almost every other to improove its memory but noting.Thats the thing i was talking about . I think the only thing i can (or we can)do is replace (redownload)the game saving the pilot file ofcource. :frown:

------------------
if it dosent doesn't
squiel its not worth
killing

Rawzer, i guess your doughtful glance goes a long way. 😉

------------------
if it dosent doesn't
squiel its not worth
killing

(This message has been edited by rebel council (edited 03-31-2001).)

Well this topic can be shut down now, by all means. I got it working last night! 🙂 That Star Wars one is interesting, although I just got into it.

------------------

How the... How did you start it im totaly stumped.

------------------
if it dosent doesn't
squiel its not worth
killing

Originally posted by rebel council:
**How the... How did you start it im totaly stumped.

You said that you took out "all the plugs" except for EV Tuner. How many plugs are you trying to use at one time, and what are they? If those plug-ins are conflicting with one another, that might account for the crashes you're experiencing with EV. Should that be the case, cut back to using one plug at a time.

------------------
PlanetPhil
not drowning, waving

I've asked this before, but although I got a logical solution before it still didn't work. I can only access this site from my PC, but I need to get the plug-ins on to my mac. I really want to get the 1.0.5 update, because my version of EV comes from an old magazine disk. I tried downloading the plugs as Win-zip files on to a PC formatted disk and then tried to unstuff them with stuffit, which didn't work. Any suggestions?

------------------