Attention Fellow Confederates!

The Rebels are much better. I only do the confed missions so that I can get the particle beam and a fed cruiser, which can outpower a rebel cruiser in a straight fight, but get a good (or halfway good, it doesn't matter) pilot in command of the rebel cruiser, and it can take out a confed cruiser in an instant. oh, by the way, patrol ships SUCK!

------------------
Long Live Apple! Long Live the Mac!

Originally posted by Burning cow:
**The Confederation will win over all!!
The confederation is just toying with the rebellion. The Confederation could NUKE and nuetron bomb Palshif any time they want!!!

Long live the Confederation.

Heh, you'll like the plug-in I'm makeing then ๐Ÿ˜‰ . The Confeds nuke palashife, Clotho Prime, Sirgil III, as well as several other Rebel worlds. Of course, the Rebels nuke Earth, Centari, New France, New Japan, and New Providence. Ah, well, you'll just have to wait and see ๐Ÿ˜„

Originally posted by Spainish Inquisition:
Heh, you'll like the plug-in I'm makeing then;) . The Confeds nuke palashife, Clotho Prime, Sirgil III, as well as several other Rebel worlds. Of course, the Rebels nuke Earth, Centari, New France, New Japan, and New Providence. Ah, well, you'll just have to wait and see ๐Ÿ˜„

Damn Cookies!

------------------
Where are we going, and what's with this handbasket?

Originally posted by Spainish Inquisition:
Heh, you'll like the plug-in I'm makeing then;) . The Confeds nuke palashife, Clotho Prime, Sirgil III, as well as several other Rebel worlds. Of course, the Rebels nuke Earth, Centari, New France, New Japan, and New Providence. Ah, well, you'll just have to wait and see ๐Ÿ˜„

Sounds interesting. When does it come out and what is its name?

------------------

Confeds for ever

------------------
I CAME ,I SAW ,I CONQUERED

It is obvious that the Rebellion is superior. I have defeated ten Confed frigates and three Confed cruisers with a manta light fighter, no plugins, and only a swivel laser cannon. I am also only ten years old, for that matter. The Confederation's Admirals are all arrogant fools who only ever dream of themselves and becoming men who's purpose in the galaxy is to make it worse. The Confeds are idiots who disillusion scientists, so that the scientists believe that the weapons of complete destruction that they create are only in case another evil alien race comes along. Wrong. Have any of you played Wing Commander IV? If you find out in the end how Tolwyn, so hungry for power gives himself his own death sentence? How Colonel Blair uncovers Tolwyn after Tolwyn is promoted from Admiral to Space Marshal? How it is found that Tolwyn is hungry for power, and wants the humans to become genetically enhanced killing machines? That is the Confederation. Think of Tolwyn as the Confederation High Admiral. The Border Worlds are the rebels. A new, peaceful human government should hatch from the remnants of civilization. That is what Rebellion High Command wants. That is the opposite of what the Confederation High Command wants. Peace, the Rebellion, and friendliness with other races will prevail.

------------------
--Campbell

Originally posted by Captain Carnotaur:
**Sounds interesting. When does it come out and what is its name?

It's called 'The Omega Project'. No release date has been set, although I would like to see it come out shortly after EV3.

------------------
"Question boldly even the very existance of a God, for if there is one he must surely apreciate the homage of Reason rather than a blindfolded fear."
-Thomas Jefferson

to Captain Carnauter: I believe the empire was not crippled after the battle of Endor they never even were criipled the empire has never truly been destroyed it almost killed the Rebels 6 years after that quote with the Galaxy gun and sun crusher.

The empire was still pretty much disabled after that. With hundreds of their ships destroyed, billions of their best soldiers dead, the final Death Star destroyed, and their emporer also dead, the Empire would have been thrown into chaos! Soon the Rebels would be getting more and more help, and eventually they would have beaten the empire!

-Back to Escape Velocity

Go Rebellion!

------------------

Hmm...pretty good fight you guys got here but, theres only one problam...ME! i have defeated countless KLUNKY Rebellion b*stards, WITH A SHUTTLE, and one proton bolt cannon. BUT i do agree the Rebel Destroyer does get the best of the Frigate...that still doesnt change my opinion though...Im 14yrs old and conquered every system EXCEPT Stardock Alpha. what does that tell ya? ๐Ÿ˜„ haha...

------------------
"Anybody who sees me has a date with his maker" --Duo Maxwell--

------------------

Originally posted by Lord Gwydion:
**It is obvious that the Rebellion is superior. I have defeated ten Confed frigates and three Confed cruisers with a manta light fighter, no plugins, and only a swivel laser cannon. I am also only ten years old, for that matter. The Confederation's Admirals are all arrogant fools who only ever dream of themselves and becoming men who's purpose in the galaxy is to make it worse. The Confeds are idiots who disillusion scientists, so that the scientists believe that the weapons of complete destruction that they create are only in case another evil alien race comes along. Wrong. Have any of you played Wing Commander IV? If you find out in the end how Tolwyn, so hungry for power gives himself his own death sentence? How Colonel Blair uncovers Tolwyn after Tolwyn is promoted from Admiral to Space Marshal? How it is found that Tolwyn is hungry for power, and wants the humans to become genetically enhanced killing machines? That is the Confederation. Think of Tolwyn as the Confederation High Admiral. The Border Worlds are the rebels. A new, peaceful human government should hatch from the remnants of civilization. That is what Rebellion High Command wants. That is the opposite of what the Confederation High Command wants. Peace, the Rebellion, and friendliness with other races will prevail.

Ummm, this is pretty much impossible. The Confed cruisers PROTON turrets would kicker your ass. If you did beat the cruiser with a manta, then it must have taken you about 4 hours or more. And then there are the missile's from the patrol ships. Got to hurt doesn't it? Those would kill you in 3 shots, cause you don't have a missile jammer :p. Secound, there are heavy rockets on the Frigate. And one shot from those would kill you. The confed's don't want to enhance humans, they want them to be under their control. Oh and Down with the rebels cause the rebels go by by first cause they are on the outside of the known galaxy.

------------------
Those who stand, will always fall.

I'm a confederate and I'm okay, I kill alll day and I sleep all night...

------------------
mother earth came to greet me and i shook her

This could use a revival, so here goes...

Feds are such losers! The Rebels are to Confeds like a man with bug spray to a cockaroach.

pulls nose back with finger like a pig snout

Nanananabooboo! Thppppt!

flaps arms like wings and runs around in circles

look at me, i'm a confed, i think i'm all great just cuz i'm blue and junk! and i fall apart if you touch me with a decoy flare...blah blah blah blah blah!

ok, now it's a confederates turn

go ahead, match that if you can

------------------
better dead than confed!

(This message has been edited by coreyblue64 (edited 12-20-2000).)

I'm not pro-Rebel or Confed, having done both their missions (athough not with the same player.) I think neither is better.
Here's MY opinion-
coreyblue64, be quiet. Stop acting like a three year old... please. Look from both perspectives.

Originally posted by coreyblue64:
(/B)

Okay. (Entropy draws blaster and fires, leaving a small heap of blue ashes.)

------------------
I ask you to look both ways- for the road to the atom leads through the stars, and the road to the stars leads through the atom.

(quote)Originally posted by Entropy:
Here's MY opinion-
coreyblue64, be quiet. Stop acting like a three year old... please. Look from both perspectives.(/quote)

Sorry. I just did that to get people interested in this again.
(quote)Originally posted by coreyblue64:
(/B)(/quote)
Okay. (Entropy draws blaster and fires, leaving a small heap of blue ashes.)

(/B)(/QUOTE)

ouch

------------------
- Corey, the true master of all things Pokรฉmon and EV
better dead than confed!!
long live the rebellion!!

Originally posted by Lord Gwydion:
**A new, peaceful human government should hatch from the remnants of civilization. That is what Rebellion High Command wants. That is the opposite of what the Confederation High Command wants. Peace, the Rebellion, and friendliness with other races will prevail.

My dear Lord Gwydion: you have been misinformed. We of the Confederation desire only an end to this destructive conflict...and order in the galaxy. Surely you can see how the malcontents who make up this ragtag "Rebellion" have fomented discord in an attempt to avoid simple duties as basic and patriotic as paying taxes. Honest citizens and true lovers of peace see this rabble for what it is, and stand with us... voluntarily , of course...

The Confederation will prevail.

------------------
PlanetPhil
lousy weather, friendly natives

(This message has been edited by PlanetPhil (edited 12-22-2000).)

Originally posted by PlanetPhil:
**My dear Lord Gwydion: you have been misinformed. We of the Confederation desire only an end to this destructive conflict...and order in the galaxy. Surely you can see how the malcontents who make up this ragtag "Rebellion" have fomented discord in an attempt to avoid simple duties as basic and patriotic as paying taxes. Honest citizens and true lovers of peace see this rabble for what it is, and stand with us... voluntarily , of course...

Oh stop with the Confed mumbo-jumbo, just let us blow your heads off or blow off ours and let's end this now!

<blasterfx>kekkekekeprrrowwwehehehhe</blasterfx> We win.

------------------
- Corey, the true master of all things Pokรฉmon and EV
better dead than confed!!
long live the rebellion!!

Originally posted by PlanetPhil:
**My dear Lord Gwydion: you have been misinformed. We of the Confederation desire only an end to this destructive conflict...and order in the galaxy. Surely you can see how the malcontents who make up this ragtag "Rebellion" have fomented discord in an attempt to avoid simple duties as basic and patriotic as paying taxes. Honest citizens and true lovers of peace see this rabble for what it is, and stand with us... voluntarily , of course...

Incorrect all the way. First, the Rebellion rebeled because the Confeds denied them any representation in the senate and they coerced them into forced labor. What the Confederation was doing was completely against the United States constitution! How would you like to be forced to do hard labor just to please some rich idiot Confeds lightyears away who didn't care a thing about you?

It is obvious the Rebellion is better. The Rebel destroyer is the key factor. Because it is better than the Confeds primary ship, the frigate, and because it can be mass produced, the Rebellion can win most (if not all) of the major fleet battles if they started an offensive. Which they will obviously do, they are just waiting to make the Confeds more comfortable, and then, WHAM! Not only that, but while the Confed frigate can only carry a max of three turrets, the Rebel destroyer can hold four of them.

The Rebels also have a better fighter: The Manta. Although it is even with the Patrol ship, it is much more maneuverable, can be launched from a bay faster, and is much cheaper to manufacture. Did you know that you can get 3 Patrol ships for the price of one manta? All Confed ships are overpriced. The Destroyer only costs 2.4 million credits, that's like a Corvette!

And then comes the pride of the Rebel fleet, the Rebel cruiser. It's not only the fastest heavy warship around, but it's also the most deadly. Able to quickly release 4 Mantas before the Confeds can even launch 1 patrol ship, the Rebel cruiser is superior to the Confed cruiser in speed, fighters, and overral adaptibility. Able to survive most, if not all, confrontations the Rebel Cruiser is the favored choice of pilots when they choose between the two cruisers. The Confed cruiser is way overpriced and it looks ugly (same thing with all Confed ships, I mean, blue dots?) while all Rebel ships look really cool, are fast, and are good, and can usually beat their Confed counterparts.

And then there is the tactical situation, while the Confeds may be rather solid, they have some weaknesses. However, I will not state any right now. I'm working on an entire tactical report on the Rebellion vs. Confederation. Expect it soon.

As I have said, and will say forever,

Rebels rule!

Down with the Confederation!

-Captain Carnotaur

------------------
To Escape Velocity: Nova and Beyond!
--------------
Millennium. Its coming, prepare for it.
Coming to the (url="http://"http://www.ambrosiaSW.com/games/ev/chronicles.html")EV Chronicles(/url).

Keep this topic at the top- no one can see it!

------------------
I ask you to look both ways- for the road to the atom leads through the stars, and the road to the stars leads through the atom.

Originally posted by Captain Carnotaur:
**Incorrect all the way. First, the Rebellion rebeled because the Confeds denied them any representation in the senate and they coerced them into forced labor. What the Confederation was doing was completely against the United States constitution! How would you like to be forced to do hard labor just to please some rich idiot Confeds lightyears away who didn't care a thing about you?

It is obvious the Rebellion is better. The Rebel destroyer is the key factor. Because it is better than the Confeds primary ship, the frigate, and because it can be mass produced, the Rebellion can win most (if not all) of the major fleet battles if they started an offensive. Which they will obviously do, they are just waiting to make the Confeds more comfortable, and then, WHAM! Not only that, but while the Confed frigate can only carry a max of three turrets, the Rebel destroyer can hold four of them.

The Rebels also have a better fighter: The Manta. Although it is even with the Patrol ship, it is much more maneuverable, can be launched from a bay faster, and is much cheaper to manufacture. Did you know that you can get 3 Patrol ships for the price of one manta? All Confed ships are overpriced. The Destroyer only costs 2.4 million credits, that's like a Corvette!

And then comes the pride of the Rebel fleet, the Rebel cruiser. It's not only the fastest heavy warship around, but it's also the most deadly. Able to quickly release 4 Mantas before the Confeds can even launch 1 patrol ship, the Rebel cruiser is superior to the Confed cruiser in speed, fighters, and overral adaptibility. Able to survive most, if not all, confrontations the Rebel Cruiser is the favored choice of pilots when they choose between the two cruisers. The Confed cruiser is way overpriced and it looks ugly (same thing with all Confed ships, I mean, blue dots?) while all Rebel ships look really cool, are fast, and are good, and can usually beat their Confed counterparts.

And then there is the tactical situation, while the Confeds may be rather solid, they have some weaknesses. However, I will not state any right now. I'm working on an entire tactical report on the Rebellion vs. Confederation. Expect it soon.

As I have said, and will say forever,

Rebels rule!

Down with the Confederation!

-Captain Carnotaur

Captain Carnotaur spontaeneously combusts.