Abysmal in the Abyss

In the Abyss.

Spoiler

I've found a passage that is blocked by a thing that requires a pearl to be energized to open the barrier. I've also found a whale. I'm assuming there is something relevant to the whale, but it just sits there.

I've found two glowing objects in a hidden room above the whale, with two weird looking fish staring at them, but I can't get the glowing objects out of the room.

Any hints or help?

Thanks,
ML

@monsterlady, on Jan 18 2009, 12:47 PM, said in Abysmal in the Abyss:

In the Abyss.

Spoiler

I've found a passage that is blocked by a thing that requires a pearl to be energized to open the barrier. I've also found a whale. I'm assuming there is something relevant to the whale, but it just sits there.

I've found two glowing objects in a hidden room above the whale, with two weird looking fish staring at them, but I can't get the glowing objects out of the room.

Any hints or help?

Thanks,
ML

Spoiler

Look for a door that has a symbol on it that Naija recognizes.

Spoiler

You need to have Li to advance in the Abyss.

@monsterlady, on Jan 18 2009, 06:47 PM, said in Abysmal in the Abyss:

In the Abyss.

Spoiler

Any hints or help?

Thanks,
ML

Spoiler

Look somewhere else then the abyss for a whale.

Spoiler

Either sun or fish form needed.

This post has been edited by Modesty Blaise : 18 January 2009 - 03:56 PM

Spoiler

zqipper's hints tell you how to advance in the abyss but the part you're stumped on is an optional secret. The Alec and Derek fish are purely an easter egg though and congrats for finding them but they're not relevant to the whale. The hint for the whale is found elsewhere in the game.

@guy, on Jan 18 2009, 01:04 PM, said in Abysmal in the Abyss:

Spoiler

zqipper's hints tell you how to advance in the abyss but the part you're stumped on is an optional secret. The Alec and Derek fish are purely an easter egg though and congrats for finding them but they're not relevant to the whale. The hint for the whale is found elsewhere in the game.

Spoiler

'Elsewhere'? It's a pretty big world. Can you be any more specific than 'elsewhere'? goes for some turtle rides

Spoiler

The thing you need for the whale is in Open Waters, above the Seahorse race. Have some paper ready or take a screenshot, though, 'cause it won't be saved anywhere once you find it.

Got it. Thanks.