Old SAVEs of game

how to

Hello all,

just to begin , Bit Blot made one of my top ten favorite games - Aquaria ...thank you so MUCH guys !!!

AND I HAD TO MAKE A PARTITION on my MAC and install the biip windows to play this beauty !!!

then i read the new - ambrosia gonna port it ..... /bow , /respect, /salute, /adore, /kiss, /hug, /inlove ... :rolleyes:

i stoped the game where i was ... awaiting for more than 5 months ... 'cuz i wanna play it on mac ... and have real pleasure doing it.

the question: SAVE games ... are they compatible ? win -- > mac ??

windows has a collection of couples of files: (name_file.aqs + screenshoot.zga)
mac has the same couples ... in ~/Library/ApplicationSupport/Aquaria/Save.

I did just copied the files from win to mac... and there they are on loading screen (<Continue> button from main) ...

click ... CRASH... with no message boxes neither advertisement ... just the brutal shutdown of the game.

any ideas ?

ambrosia stuff .... help please ... 😞

Are the save games from past the demo ending point? If they are, and you're not registered, Aquaria may just quit without warning (I encountered this when trying to circumvent the registration limitations while beta testing.) Try making a save in the Secret Cave Passage and porting it over to the Mac version, then see what happens.

Also, this could be due to the fact that the Mac version is 1.1 and the Windows version is older.

Hello iBlackLotus,
Sorry, using saved games from the Windows version of Aquaria on the Mac version is not supported and has not been tested.

As a consolation prize, I do have a large collection of Mac savegames-- if you just wanted to fight one boss over again, I could probably find or make a save for you.

This post has been edited by SoItBegins : 18 November 2008 - 02:17 PM

I'm sure this did work when I first copied my saves from the windows demo over to the mac beta. Maybe things changed since then or maybe I remember wrong.

Well, since then they've added the ability to skip cutscenes, place map markers (which would be added to save files), and a number of other useful things, so I wouldn't be surprised if the format changed slightly. I don't really have any way of knowing, though.

thanx guys ...

that's no problem ... it's relly seems like i'll need to start it from the begining once again (and im glad).

Playing this beauty after 7 months of stop ... it would be like a completly new game... ^_^ .

@iblacklotus, on Nov 28 2008, 08:43 AM, said in Old SAVEs of game:

thanx guys ...

that's no problem ... it's relly seems like i'll need to start it from the begining once again (and im glad).

Playing this beauty after 7 months of stop ... it would be like a completly new game... ^_^ .

If anyone has a save file that doesn't load in 1.1.0 (the Mac version), could you email it to me please? zaphire -at- gmail -dot- com

Thanks! 🙂