Licensing it for somebody else? * Aquaria as a gift?

Hey there!

I have a little problem with purchasing the game.
I want to give it to my brother for Christmas (2007 actually, wasn't aware that the Mac release will need nearly a year more than the windows release. ;)) and thus it should be licensed on his name, not my.
If I understand the purchasing process right, " All software will be licensed to your full name, as shown on the credit card used for purchase. " So I'm not able to purchase the game for somebody else?

Any idea what to do?

This post has been edited by xiagan : 13 November 2008 - 04:13 PM

You can call them up, if you want. Their phone number should be somewhere...

Edit: 585-325-1910 should be it.

True, but I posted it to make them aware of the problem.
Christmas is drawing near and I guess I'm not the only one who want to give it away as a present.
I'm from Germany, I have Skype and my spoken English is not bad but that may not apply for others and maybe somebody won't buy the game because of that hindrance...

Unfortunately calling us to place the order is the only way to purchase and provide a different User ID at this time.

@evan-smith, on Nov 13 2008, 06:00 PM, said in Licensing it for somebody else? * Aquaria as a gift?:

Unfortunately calling us to place the order is the only way to purchase and provide a different User ID at this time.

Could I call on customer's behalfs, or would that be too confusing?

Pretty much the same thing. You can call to place the order, but have somebody's else's name and e-mail address on the license. Hope this helps 🙂

@evan-smith, on Nov 14 2008, 12:32 PM, said in Licensing it for somebody else? * Aquaria as a gift?:

Pretty much the same thing. You can call to place the order, but have somebody's else's name and e-mail address on the license. Hope this helps 🙂

It seems like getting some kind of basic gift system in place would be really important, especially for the holiday season.

Our IT guru is going to be wrapping that big brain of his around this exact thing. Fingers crossed that a method will be figured out and all will be right with the world.

That is the hope at least. We shall see.

Cool, thanks!

Awesome. 🙂