An Old Light (Jack's World)

What? You meen it's true?!

Yes it is! Truly a milestone! I've uploaded the first half of my level set!

I sent it off tonight at 3:40am, I'm really tired. Turns out after a lil' beta testing that some thinngs were a little... unpassable. But no worries all has been fixed! It was fun playing through all my levels again- oh no it just hit me! I forgot to play through two of the levels! Well... hopefully they won't be buggy.... (Trouble Downstream, Goblin Cheif).

What? What's the funniest thing in the game? Probally the fish the scream like Nazgul from lord of the rings.

So now that I've sent my level set off, where is it now? I don't see it on the add-ons page....

What?! You meen it's still not up yet?! :mad:

I'm starting to get mad. It's been a week now and still my level set is not on the Ferazel add-ons page! I'm trying to be patient but come on, I meen how long is this gonna take? Zelda can tell me what's going on now? The upload instructions were pretty vague... IF I don't get any word on this soon I'll just PM Spam Guy or Zelda. THough Zelda didn't reply to my last PM..

I wish I still had a Ferazel-capable computer. It was a great game. 😞

@flurrie, on Jul 18 2007, 07:00 PM, said in An Old Light (Jack's World):

I wish I still had a Ferazel-capable computer. It was a great game. 😞

I wish you did to, for you would have loved my level set.

Well this sucks, my world STILL isn't up on the add-ons page. Oh and the Ferazel demo download is also busted.

But I can't let this delima hault my progress any longer. I've been holding off continuing the editing of my level set because I wanted it to be uploaded first. Some of you maybe might have noticed the "Lunch break" comment on the Flash Freeze level status (It's gone now). No worries, I just tanked the level and now it's ready for major surgery. Get ready for fast paced action in the slippery lil' level.

I dent a PM to spamguy telling him that the demo download is busted and that I'm having trouble uploading ym level set. I hope he gets it soon, though I don't see him on to regulary.

Anyone know what happened to Zelda?

Whoops I'm an idiot..

Well stupidly I figured that the only way to get my level set out there was through the add-ons page. (It certanly was the easyist.) But I now see two other options: 1. I can upload it onto a Ferazel fansite where you can then download it, or 2. You can give me your e-mail address and I'll send you a .zip file containing my level set.

The first option would be easy except the last Ferazel site crashed, so just give me yur e-mail in any way you see fit and I'll send you the world data. If neither of the options appeal to you than hopefully some day ASW will upload my file onto their add-ons page.

Hmm... what would I have to do to become a moderator on the Ferazel forums?

This post has been edited by Two Jacks : 28 July 2007 - 03:46 PM

What finally?! Hooray!

That's right thanks to the hard work of spamguy my level set is finally up on the downloads page!
http://www.ambrosias...zel/addons.html

I hope you all enjoy it!

What? You meen it isn't dead?

Yes my level set isn't dead, beleave it or not!
Back with an update: "On the 13th Day of..." is almost done just gotta add some backround, conversations, and enimies and it's complete! This looks like it's going to be one of my best levels yet! However there is a lil' bad news, I don't have access to a computer capable of uploading pictures at the moment. Fear not I'll have one soon enough so keep watching for an update.

In other news: After checking the Ferazel Add-ons page I found that my level set had only been downloaded 3 times... (2 of the downloads are mine, for I was testing it out.) I think that some of you might not be downloading it because You don't want to have to resart your game when the full version comes out, you don't think Ferazel is fun, or you don't have access to an OS9 computer to play it. Well.. Think of it as a demo and don't worry about having to start a new game, Ferazel is one of the funnest mac games out there, and oh well sorry don't throw computers away! 🙂

Get out there and down load it today!

http://www.AmbrosiaSW.com/cgi-bin/vftp/sho...Jacks_World.sit

This post has been edited by Two Jacks : 09 August 2007 - 03:10 PM

Yup!

Well since the past few levels have been kinda light on the in-game pics, I decided to put up not 2 or 3 but 5 pictures up for "On the 13th Day of..."!

So only one more ice level to go, it's not going to be easy. At the end of Freezer Burn I intend to have a demon, however I've never edited a boss into a level before wich poses a problem. For now I'll just edit the level up to the point with the demon.

Hehe! Yay 5 people have downloaded my level set! Feedback would be nice. 😛

Well we did it again!

That's right we broke 2000 views! Good job who ever checks this log daily. 😛

In celebration here's a rare and special Ferazel glitch picture!

Posted Image

And here's a (non glitch) puzzle picture!

Posted Image

Where is Ferazel? This is an "in-game" shot as you can see, and the camera is soposed to follow him everywhere. 🙂

Thanks again loyal followers, and if you already haven't I strongly recomend downloading the first half of my level set while you wait for the full version to come out. On that not, I WANT REVIEWS! Yes... I need feedback but then again it might be a little early since I doubt everyone could have beeten my level set just yet.

Hmm... wow 31 pictures uploaded onto the Level Side of the log, funny since there's only 24 levels and I don't post pics for bosses.

Oh and Freezer Burn is... coming along. I finished the boss in it and the first area.. alomost, well it needs some fine tuning.

Untill next time,
Two J-J-J-Jacks! Achoo!

Oops double post...

This post has been edited by Buffalo the Kid : 17 August 2007 - 01:08 AM

YAY!!! Ferazel isn't completely dead!!! (just like this account)

Thanx a lot for making a new world set. I haven't had time to play much of it yet because my sister has been playing tons of Ferazel's wand (we just got a computer able to use os 9) and I have been busy making zoos on mascot...
I'll try it tomorrow and get u feedback asap!

Thanx again

-May the Buffalo be with you-

ps: I may have been that other download... or I might have gotten it on the 10th or 11th... I don't remember... hmmmmmmmm...

This post has been edited by Buffalo the Kid : 17 August 2007 - 12:41 AM

@buffalo-the-kid, on Aug 16 2007, 10:40 PM, said in An Old Light (Jack's World):

YAY!!! Ferazel isn't completely dead!!! (just like this account)

Thanx a lot for making a new world set. I haven't had time to play much of it yet because my sister has been playing tons of Ferazel's wand (we just got a computer able to use os 9) and I have been busy making zoos on mascot...
I'll try it tomorrow and get u feedback asap!

Thanx again

-May the Buffalo be with you-

ps: I may have been that other download... or I might have gotten it on the 10th or 11th... I don't remember... hmmmmmmmm...

Awsome! Finally after much wait an actual person to talk to in this barren land... Long have I wondered thristing for a Ferazel comunity. Right now I'd say we're at the small middle of nowhere town level, population: 3. Love to see yur zoo, I too have always wanted to make one. I have a couple side projects in mind for instance, a zoo (with enemy pipes and explosive rock chutes! 🙂 ) and a level set where you play as a soldier and go to wipe out a set of enimies per level and get upgrades to your arsenal as you proceed through the game.

I wonder, how good are you with the MASCOT editor? I consider myself to be average. I can't really figure out permfalgs, advance conversation mechanics, PX backrounding, making boss levels, and making map nodes (though I'm getting better at it). I'm great with all the rest! 🙂

I downloaded my level set twice to test it... so I would hazard a guess that maybe only 4 or 5 people have downloaded it.

It's good to meet another hacker and I hope you and your sister enjoy my level set. It gets a little dark at times and there is the occasional word "damn" every now and then, no harm really. Who knows maybe we'll be able to revive the Ferazel community. 😛

Oh I play runescape as well user name is, "Two_Jacks55". Haven't gone it much recently though, what with my G5 unit being out of comission for the past few weeks (it's still at the shop... damn logic board).

Ah well,
(Two Jack's signature.)

We're used to foul language...

In the zoos, my sister would do scenery and most of the exhibits, while I would do anything that talks, chains of cannons, refreshment rooms with bartenders and teleporters. We both did the floor plan. We had a really big zoo with all of the animals in it (except for bosses, who refused to move) and a big teleporter/cannon/super spring playground. Unfortunately, that zoo was on our old Os 9 compatible computer, which crapped out a year ago...

I consider myself average at hacking too, but I haven't taken on any big projects in a looong time. Also, I can't get the hang of connecting levels, changing the directions of water currents, changing the tile set (for some reason, my computer freezes when I try to), I have no idea what those flag things are for, and I can't get bosses to move (except for the M. wizard, but that just won't work in a zoo...)

Based on your levels, I think you would've liked our frog exhibit the best... It was one of the most elaborate, too.

As for the levels, I've only gotten three done so far. I laughed a bit at the last grave stone over the acid... grave... things... and I liked the idea of a water fall (in the challenge level).

And a minor problem: some of your sings don't quite work on the the level with Vion's challenge. (is it vion? I have a horrible memory for names...)

And now that I have written a short novel, I shall ask you two questions!

UNO:What is your favorite level set (that you didn't make)?
NINE:I'll send you a zoo as soon as I manage to whip up a slightly good one. (or a high quality one if my sister helps)
3.14159:Onions!??!!?!?!!!?!!!?!?!?!??!??!?!??!?!?!?!?!??!????!!!!!!!Ä„

May the Buffalo be with you,
Buffalo McBison

PS:I too played Runescape, but my account got banned because I let my friends try mini games. The name was Buffal000 if you want to see the stats...
PPS:I refuse to live in this town unless there is a fountain shaped like an onion somewhere...
PPPS:I've learned that it's a good idea to have mist potions in the zoos, so you can see some exhibits more clearly.
PPPPS:I haven't written this much since Febuary...
PPPPPS:Just for the record, my sister is older than me by three years.
PPPPPPS:I solved the puzzle picture...

This post has been edited by Buffalo the Kid : 17 August 2007 - 10:27 AM

@buffalo-the-kid, on Aug 17 2007, 08:26 AM, said in An Old Light (Jack's World):

We're used to foul language...

In the zoos, my sister would do scenery and most of the exhibits, while I would do anything that talks, chains of cannons, refreshment rooms with bartenders and teleporters. We both did the floor plan. We had a really big zoo with all of the animals in it (except for bosses, who refused to move) and a big teleporter/cannon/super spring playground. Unfortunately, that zoo was on our old Os 9 compatible computer, which crapped out a year ago...

That sounds awsome I'd love to try it out if you still had it. I'm backing up my current level set on a flash drive. 😛

@buffalo-the-kid, on Aug 17 2007, 08:26 AM, said in An Old Light (Jack's World):

I consider myself average at hacking too, but I haven't taken on any big projects in a looong time. Also, I can't get the hang of connecting levels, changing the directions of water currents, changing the tile set (for some reason, my computer freezes when I try to), I have no idea what those flag things are for, and I can't get bosses to move (except for the M. wizard, but that just won't work in a zoo...)

I just learned how to connect levels! 😄 It makes the whole testing out my level thing a whole lot easyer! I know how to change water current, nope on the tile set :p, we're sunk on flags, and the only boss I learned how to semi-set-up is the demon! (also recently).

Based on your levels, I think you would've liked our frog exhibit the best... It was one of the most elaborate, too.

As for the levels, I've only gotten three done so far. I laughed a bit at the last grave stone over the acid... grave... things... and I liked the idea of a water fall (in the challenge level).

And a minor problem: some of your sings don't quite work on the the level with Vion's challenge. (is it vion? I have a horrible memory for names...)

Frogs and moose are my favorte animals. Oh make sure you take the northern passage to get to terrabrine village, great treasures in there. By northen I meen the high ground in "A Spimple Test" wich takes you to a level lower than it's self. I'm glad you liked the gravestones, if you read the read-me you would have seen the name "Zeb" in there. 😛 My little brother. Toook me forever to work out all the kinks for the waterfalls... A bug?! Damn! Thought I had gotten all of them.. ok I'll check it out. Some times you have to stand next to a sign for a while and press keys like jump and up.

And now that I have written a short novel, I shall ask you two questions!

UNO:What is your favorite level set (that you didn't make)?
NINE:I'll send you a zoo as soon as I manage to whip up a slightly good one. (or a high quality one if my sister helps)
3.14159:Onions!??!!?!?!!!?!!!?!?!?!??!??!?!??!?!?!?!?!??!????!!!!!!!Ä„
May the Buffalo be with you,
Buffalo McBison

My favortite that I didn't make... Well first of all I can't rember any of the names right now. 😛 But I liked parts from some (even some of the really bad ones) and disliked parts from others (especialy the really bad ones.) Don't really have a favorite, they all have flaws. Just like my level set. Tell me what you think?

You could upload your zoo... Though you would knock down my level set off the newest category. 😛

Onions onions,
put 'em in a bowl.
Onions Onions,
food for the soul.

PS:I too played Runescape, but my account got banned because I let my friends try mini games. The name was Buffal000 if you want to see the stats...
PPS:I refuse to live in this town unless there is a fountain shaped like an onion somewhere...
PPPS:I've learned that it's a good idea to have mist potions in the zoos, so you can see some exhibits more clearly.
PPPPS:I haven't written this much since Febuary...
PPPPPS:Just for the record, my sister is older than me by three years.
PPPPPPS:I solved the puzzle picture...

PS: cool.
PPS: Try google 😛
PPPS: Good idea, I'll rember that.
PPPPS: My birthday's in Febuary, the 2nd.
PPPPPS: That would make her 17? I'm 17 😄
PPPPPPS: Egad! Fine what's the solution?

It'd be cool if we could create a level set. One of us could do one part (the first part) and the other could do the second part (and then upload it).

Two cards are better to open with,
Jacks

My favorite level set might be The Return, but I also especially like digging levels and anything with long mine cart/flying carpet/glider rides (so I liked Habnabit Delivery Corp quite a bit).

As I said.... our really good zoo was lost... sniff

I could help you create a level set... buuuuuuuuuuuuuuut there would be a huge quality change when you play the second part... I haven't done any serious editing for a few years (just a couple small zoos with 3 hour lifespans... (oh and a level that is just flat ground (I created it to find out how to kill wraiths...))) I'll get practicing again though.

Also, we could make a new bar... hmm... we'd need to send a few invitations to the old bar patrons...

How do you change the tile set (desert,ice,grass,rock,water,ice water,acid,lava, ect.... ect...)

∞YMK FTQ NGRRMXA NQ IUFT KAG∞
-NGRRMXA FTQ WUP-
(A=M)

PS:My favorite animals are the mighty llama and the stinky buffalo.

@buffalo-the-kid, on Aug 18 2007, 10:17 AM, said in An Old Light (Jack's World):

My favorite level set might be The Return, but I also especially like digging levels and anything with long mine cart/flying carpet/glider rides (so I liked Habnabit Delivery Corp quite a bit).

As I said.... our really good zoo was lost... sniff

I could help you create a level set... buuuuuuuuuuuuuuut there would be a huge quality change when you play the second part... I haven't done any serious editing for a few years (just a couple small zoos with 3 hour lifespans... (oh and a level that is just flat ground (I created it to find out how to kill wraiths...))) I'll get practicing again though.

Also, we could make a new bar... hmm... we'd need to send a few invitations to the old bar patrons...

How do you change the tile set (desert,ice,grass,rock,water,ice water,acid,lava, ect.... ect...)

?YMK FTQ NGRRMXA NQ IUFT KAG?
-NGRRMXA FTQ WUP-
(A=M)

PS:My favorite animals are the mighty llama and the stinky buffalo.

Hehe, you'll like "Terrabrine Village", "The Bridge", and maybe some of "The Citadel".

Any works is good as long as it keeps going.

A bar? I never particapated in one, for I cae to late to these forums. You see I didn't have much interest in the editor at first (I was scared of it) but then a couple years later my lil bro downloaded and was useing it and I was like, "Hey, how the hell are you doing that?" and thus it all began.

Tile set? I know how I'll take a screen shot or two for you. But untill then...
http://pcheese.feraz...ad.php?sw=fwxml
I high recomend the hacking guides on the bottom left side of the page. I use them all the time.

Hmm I know that puzzle... I'll need some time.

Yay be both like animals that graze. 😛

Adios,
Dos Jacks

@buffalo-the-kid, on Aug 18 2007, 10:17 AM, said in An Old Light (Jack's World):

?YMK FTQ NGRRMXA NQ IUFT KAG?
-NGRRMXA FTQ WUP-
(A=M)

?MAY THE BUFFALO BE WITH YOU?
-BUFFALO THE KID-

A=O
F=T
G=U
K=Y
M=A
N=B
P=D
Q=E
R=f
T=h
U=I
W=k
X=L

^
Those letters lead me to the answer, though once I got buffalo it was all over! 😛 Good job.

Congratz and the answer to your puzzle picture is that you are at one of the ends of the map, (top,bottom,far left, far right) possibly the top right corner...

Actualy that hill is at the top of the map and I had a super jump power-up. 😛 If I don't have the power-up then I wouldn't have had enough time to take the pic. Anyways...

Posted Image

The two area's that I circled are the area in wich you put the code in for the FG tile set. I don't know the codes my self, but if you want to learn more just open up other people's level sets and go to the level with the desired set go to "Level info" ad then get their FG set code and then put that code into your own level info.

In other news:

I was having some fun with Adobe Photo Shop (it's the program I've been useing to convert my screanshots to .jpg format) and I noticed some cool features! Funny since I've had the program for five years... So many features but one I liked the most was the fish feature.

This is now my current desktop picture:

Posted Image

Feel free to take it! (It's not mine in the first place! 😛 )

Muahahaha! I'm back!

I forgot my password and couldn't get on...

Anyhoo, I a couple of bugs in your level set... but forgot what they were... I'll get back to you on that...

-UOY EB OLAFFUB EHT YAM-