Buy uplink cheap

is this legal

i was browsing the web looking for any cheats for uplink and i cam upon this http://trygames.com/game/aff=zz_goouplink/...c230b85e5395482
( sorry that i cant hyperlink )
The price here seems much lower than ambrosias rrp. It doesnt really interest me as i have a mac but i was wondering what it was about.

paddy, on Jul 30 2005, 01:38 PM, said:

i was browsing the web looking for any cheats for uplink and i cam upon this http://trygames.com/game/aff=zz_goouplink/...c230b85e5395482
( sorry that i cant hyperlink )
The price here seems much lower than ambrosias rrp. It doesnt really interest me as i have a mac but i was wondering what it was about.
View Post

Well I don't know if it is legal or not, but maybe it is all right if another supplier did a bulk buy of the game from introversion, and soo on.. who knows really tho...

The product you are seeing is the original Introversion version of Uplink that was made for Windows only. What happens to it is independent of what happens to the Macintosh Ambrosia version of Uplink. As for the website, it seems legitimate, but as always caveat emptor , let the buyer beware

This post has been edited by Sage of the Web : 05 August 2005 - 07:09 AM

First off: the Trygames version is not for Mac. It is for Windows and Linux only.

The Trygames version was taken off the "grey" market. Illegal. Introversion gets no money from what they sell, so if you're looking to buy Uplink for PC/Linux, buy it direct from Introversion.

Shouldn't this be told to a mod?

A mod, eh? For your information, I thought about several things that I could do with this topic when if was first posted, but I decided to just leave it sitting here as-is for the time being. In my mind, I couldn't see it as any kind of advocation for illegal versions of Uplink, merely a query on what the deal was about. I didn't see much problem with the topic.

Looking at it again, I suppose I ought to close it, since it has nothing to do with the ASW mac game. I'll do so now, for that reason alone.

Thank you for your concerns and on-topic replies. This action isn't a reflection on any particular post, it just doesn't belong here.