The Avara Guild

OK, if you think I wasn't expecting this, you are all badly mistaken. As I have stated at least three times already, I honestly don't care. When I started doing that, I simply had a bit of time and a good idea. I'd rather hoped that you would all just pardon my eccentricity, but I suppose I'd set my expectations a few notches too high. I've already said it; I'll say it again: I DO NOT FLIPPING CARE IF THE GUILD DIES IN ITS FIRST WEEK!!!! I DID IT BECAUSE IT WAS FUN AND I LIKE AVARA, NOT BECAUSE I CARE!!!! Is the message perfectly clear now?

Just because you knew this would happen doesn't mean you should expect that people will stop doing it-despite what you said, it is still true that the Guild is a frivolity. With the time you had available, you could have accomplished many other things-of much greater value, given the circumstances. (Bob analogy) It would be like using your free time to make a snowsled pulled by dogs-in the Caribbean-instead of a mini-wagon, perhaps pulled by the same dogs. (End Bob analogy) Not to say that the idea is entirely useless-it merely hasn't been created in the right era. Considering that everyone is, in effect, developers-or might as well be, they can generally communicate within themselves with ease-and if not, well, there's always the old avara.org boards. Clans are long-dead, and will remain so for at least somewhat longer, if not forever.

Ah, and Apple Core-the names were thought up as some sort of clan to start with, but later on the terms just kinda piled up-and now it isn't really much aside from a name similarity and a "rank" system of sorts.

I will post my concepts, however, in just a few minutes.
Thanks all,
-§torm

Ditto what Bob said except for the lame analogy 🙂

You know, if it does die, it doesn't matter, mostly because invisionfree is free! If you don't care, shut up and don't join! How much of a DUH is that?!

Ummmm. I was just joking.
<QUOTE> How much of a DUH factor is that? </QUOTE>

Consul Bob, on Jul 15 2005, 10:13 PM, said:

Just because you knew this would happen doesn't mean you should expect that people will stop doing it-despite what you said, it is still true that the Guild is a frivolity. With the time you had available, you could have accomplished many other things-of much greater value, given the circumstances.View Post

What the heck is your point?! I understand that; it was my choice; and anyways, that wasn't the only thing I did with the last couple of weeks. All I ask of people right now is to stop heckling me for my "bad decision". So please do. If I seem a bit on edge, it's probably since it got abnormally warm where I live and I've been mostly unable to get any sleep for nearly a week now. (pity vote)Plus, you guys won't stop heckling me. Without that, I'd probably be able to rest at least a little easier.(/pity vote)

EDIT: Oh, yes -- one other thing: YOU MUST RESPECT ME! I AM DOCTORATE! (see new sig)

This post has been edited by Q-Lok : 16 July 2005 - 04:39 PM

Okay. Get some sleep. You're starting to sound like a crazy person, like someone who hasn't gotten any sleep in the past week.

I did, I am, and I haven't. In that order. I finally got my room cooled down, so I got a full night's worth, and I'm feeling much better. On the other hand, you can't really blame me for what I said, can you? Also, I'm not going to be able to interact with the rest of the world for the better part of the next two weeks, due to several things combining to make my life un-fun. The less said about that, the better. Put simply, don't expect me to post almost anything between now and the first of August.

Alrighty then. Don't expect us to support something we know to be completely unnecessary and a complete waste of time. Really, we aren't trying to scare you away from Avara, but please try doing something more constructive.

Don't worry. He's not stuck being IP Man. He doesn't have to patch daily.

Katana !!!, on Jul 18 2005, 06:46 PM, said:

Alrighty then. Don't expect us to support something we know to be completely unnecessary and a complete waste of time. Really, we aren't trying to scare you away from Avara, but please try doing something more constructive.
View Post

I'm sorry, but may I speak quite frankly? I know that you aren't supporting the idea. I did not ask you to. I am fully aware that I could have done something else with the time I spent on that. Please stop telling me what I already know; we can probably save quite a lot of time that way. Does what I'm saying make sense? If it means letting this topic die and no one ever speaking of the Guild again, so be it. I'm just beginning to tire of having the same discussion over and over.

Actually, this could be an important investment. It could prove to be a good rebel base, especially considering Taz has come back. Good work, Q-Lok. We underestimated the Guild's worth.

Katana: SSH.

Q-Lok: Remove that link from your sig. Taz doesn't need to see it.

Apple Core: Right. Done.

Katana: Core's right-- keep quiet about the hidden location! On pain of DEATH!!! (JK, of course.)

Nope. Not kidding.

We will chase you at all costs in our games if you reveal the location of the hidden Rebel base.

If this is so secret, why is everyone blabbing about it?

-Bob

Because we can.

And we like confusing Taz, provided he's reading this.

Taz is here watching our every move...

Nah. Taz is gone again. Probably playing BZFlag.

I hate BZFlag. Mainly because I keep going more and more negative every time I play.