I am very interested, but I feel that I should remind everyone of this:
@gavin83209, on Feb 23 2008, 10:07 AM, said in ARES X:
Now that I feel confident enough in my rudimentary skills in C++ and XCode/Project Builder, I feel I can finally post on this issue.
I know the basic operations, but I still am learning the language.
After some thought, I have come up with a handful of questions:
1. Does DoI support Ares style dialogs (at the edge of the screen in addition to the floating ones with arrows seen in the tutorials)?
2. Does the construction feature use some form of regenerating resources?
3. Does the computer work similarly to the one in Ares? The most important features are the transfer control, build, next message/page, and mission objectives.
4. After glancing over DoI, I have gathered that it is fully internet capable. Is this permanent, or is there an on/off switch, a single player mode or other similar control?
5. Please correct me if I am wrong, but I'm assuming that you have the hyperjump system over the level system that Ares uses, given your brief description. I don't have much of a problem with either, given prior thought into an Nova-Ares Conversion. I have a plug that will let you fly the Ishiman fighter with some basic missions, but that's about it. It isn't uploaded, but I can upon request.
This post has been edited by gavin83209 : 18 May 2008 - 10:05 PM