[Xsera] [ANN] Xsera Demo 2

Thanks for the input, but you basically said "Xsera doesn't have feature x". Xsera isn't feature complete yet, so I could list a good deal more things that Xsera doesn't have.

Those things will be coming in the future.

Alright, I see your point. I look forward to future demos, if there are any...

There will be more.

I'm pretty impressed with the progress myself considering that this project is being done by a handful of people in their spare time.

While the demos certainly are missing a lot of features, they're not really meant to reflect the final version in any way.
They're more technical demonstrations of progress thus far than anything else.
The lack of mouse support, for example, is reflective of the fact that our developers had not yet written that code yet (they're putting this game engine together from scratch).

And thanks for checking out the latest demo. Some day soon ("soon" being a relative term, lol) Xsera will be much more feature-complete 🙂

QUOTE (redsteven @ Oct 11 2009, 08:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The lack of mouse support, for example, is reflective of the fact that our developers had not yet written that code yet (they're putting this game engine together from scratch).

Actually, it's not being written from scratch - we're using OpenGL; however, implementing it with the Apollo engine is going to take us a little while.

Missile behavior is weird. I shoot a missile and it curves off in one direction or another for seemingly no reason.

Would make it harder for point defense to hit, that's for sure...

QUOTE (n00ser @ Oct 15 2009, 05:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Missile behavior is weird. I shoot a missile and it curves off in one direction or another for seemingly no reason.

I'm not seeing this, in fact, the missiles don't curve at all for me. Is there any way you could get me a video or some screens of this?