Coldstone Chronicles: The Discovery of Tyralian's Rage

...As you fought the dragon Tyralian, he would send a long stream of blue flame in your general direction, circling endlessly, always using the same pattern. Circle. Flame. Dodge. Circle. Flame. Dodge.

You quickly figured out that you must attack while he circled, run while he flamed, and rest while he dodged the bursts of lava the flew up ever three minutes from the volcano as its pressure grew. He was the only dragon in three hundred years who would kill humans in anything other then defence, and you had been sent to try to reason with him, and to kill him if no reasoning could be made. You had already failed to reason with him, and he was weakening from your constant attacks.

After a while, he began to dodge the lava more slowly, and you knew that the battle was nearly over, as he was weakened greatly. That's when you saw something gold reflect a ray of sunlight into your face. Just for an instant you saw it. Just an instant before Tyralian sent another stream of flame at you. But this time, it was not blue flame, it was red flame that came from his mouth. The air behind you was not as hot as when you were running from other pires of flame. Now was your chance. You cast a brief fire resistance spell and pulled out your secret weapon: a small gemstone*. Tyralian was not prepared for the burst of water that shot straight into his mouth from the gemstone*, and he certainly was weak against water spells. He fell to the ground just a few feet from the molten lava that could kill even a red dragon**. You sent another burst of water at his head as you ran towards him to do your final attack.

When you got to him however, you saw up close what had shone in your face only a few moments before: the golden hilt of a sword.

Tyralian was breathing slowly, and you could easily have killed him with only a few sword strokes. But something in you told you to pull out that sword. You followed through with that feeling, even though Tyralian screamed in pain as the blade slid out. But when it was out, he did not attack you, but rather walked off, climbing out of the volcano and into a nearby cave. You followed him against your better judgement, only to see a group of men running from the cave as Tyralian rolled a stone out from in front of a smaller cave. You took a moment to look at the sword you had pulled out of the beast, and written on the hand guard just above the hilt were the words "Tyralian's Rage." A single spot of dried blood was on the leather wraping of the handle.

When you returned to the nearby town to tell of what had happened, the townspeople were almost ready to kill you when they hear you did not kill the dragon. You told them that he stopped fighting when you removed the sword, and they calmed down as they gazed in awe at the golden sword...

*A gemstone is the elemental stone of water, which increases one's ability to cast water spells and is a very good channeler of those spells.
**Red dragons are a race of dragons who are known for the worst tempers and for thier weakness towards water. They are the only dragons who use only their flame in attacks. Most other races of dragon use flame less then they use their arms, legs, and tail to crush their enemies.

(This message has been edited by moderator (edited 07-20-2001).)

Heh. Nothing. No one has even replied, and it's been about 2 weeks since it was released to the public. (sigh). I...

------------------
Heh. I can too spell. Most of the time...
(see title)

I like it.

Do more.

------------------
The person who knows how will have a job......................The person who knows why will be his boss.

Originally posted by Imperial Phoenix:
**I like it.

Do more.

There's another in the waiting list. When it shows, I might enter more.

------------------
Heh. I can too spell. Most of the time...
(see title)

Yes, I agree. It is a very interesting read. I'll keep a look out for more of your work when it shows up.

By the way, I found your use of tense very interesting..... Did you choose to do it in a present/past tense manner, or was it sort of an accident? If it was by choice, I'd say that you should enter another story like it. It came out very well, and i found the alternations fascinating.

Either way, the story came out well. Could make a good game around this. 🙂

-Andiyar

------------------
"Any good that I may do here, let me do now, for I may not pass this way again"

Originally posted by Tarnćlion Andiyarus:
**Yes, I agree. It is a very interesting read. I'll keep a look out for more of your work when it shows up.

By the way, I found your use of tense very interesting..... Did you choose to do it in a present/past tense manner, or was it sort of an accident? If it was by choice, I'd say that you should enter another story like it. It came out very well, and i found the alternations fascinating.

Either way, the story came out well. Could make a good game around this. 🙂

-Andiyar

By accadent. Intentionally first-person, was supposed to be current-tense.

As for making a game out of it, the chances are slim at this point. I already have too many ideas brewing. It was written partially around one idea, tho.