set initial health

ok so I wanted to set the health to a certain spot in my game, but it doesn't seem to work.

I made an Attribute Wizard in the Main event that set Stamina to 50. Shouldn't that work? but instead, it always is random. Somewhere between 9-30.

I'm not sure whats going on.... Any ideas?

Yep, that's what the engine does. I also tried to set attributes at the beginning of the game, and Coldstone won't let you.

After that, though, you can determine attributes whenever the Player levels up. So I have a Blacksmith gaining more stamina than a Druid when he levels up.

I got to thinking about it, and I think I like the Player's attributes randomized. Makes the game more unpredictable. But that's my opinion.

yeah i ussually would to but in this case i dont. I really can't have it that way. Would making a set attributes in the location where you originate do it? No, I guess it wouldn't since it would change it every time.... hmmmmmm........

@pixor, on Jun 9 2006, 02:29 PM, said in set initial health:

Would making a set attributes in the location where you originate do it? No, I guess it wouldn't since it would change it every time.... hmmmmmm........

You should be able to set the health this way: Make a "Health" global (also a "MaxHealth" global.) Now in the event which sends player to the first map, use two "change global" directions. The first says -> set &&MaxHealth = 50. The second says -> set &&Health = &&MaxHealth. The difference here is that Health starts out equal to MaxHealth but can drop from there, whereas MaxHealth will remain at 50 until you either do some task which raises it, or level up, or drink a potion, etc. Health can be restored with any event which sets &&Health = &&MaxHealth.

As usual, RD showed me the way!! Anyway, I just tried/tested this and it works.

In your Main event, place AFTER the teleport in the following order:

Attribute: MaxStamina (Set) 50

Attribute: Stamina (Set) &&MaxStaminaPoints

That's it. And I should never rely on what I couldn't do when I was starting to learn Coldstone!! RD rocks!

/RD blushes and takes a modest bow.