Anyone willing to make some gfx?

I'm working on a plugin with a new class; Thief. The thief will be like a cross between a ranger and swordsman, while it doesn't exceed in range or melee, it does both well*. For a special location it would have the Thieves Guild, where thieves congregate to sell rare and strange items, some of which can only be bought there, while the others are half the price they would be somewhere else (since their stolen).

Strong Points:
Speed, Dexterity

Weak Points:
Stamina, Strength

Special Abilities:
Lockpicking **-unlocks certain chests which contain plentiful amounts of treasure and useful items, also needed for a side quest...
Pickpocket -allows you to steal gold from certain npcs, also needed for a side quest
Stealth -allows you to move faster and go through certain sealed off paths

Anyway back to the point, I need someone willing to do the gfx, I would do it but unfortunatly I don't own poser nor am I good at pixel art >.<...anyone willing to make the gfx WOULD be credited and greatly thanked.

*Range: throwing knives, Melee: dagger
**Requires Hairpin

P.S. To describe the thiefs range to melee ratio lemme use this chart:
Swordsman:
Range=Ok
Melee=Excellent

Ranger:
Range=Excellent
Melee=Ok

Thief:
Range=Good
Melee=Good

This post has been edited by Foxwolf : 24 May 2006 - 08:13 PM

I don't know if you realize the scope of what you have asked. It seems like you want a new playing character who is dressed in some unique fashion in keeping with his role as Thief. To animate this character to walk in eight directions, use a bow (eight directions), defend (eight directions), use a sword or dagger (eight directions), all depending on which weapon the player has equiped would require more than 200 pictures in the "Thief" folder. If this character changes his appearance with the advancement of rank, as do the other classes in Trinity, start multiplying that number.

That's a lot of work for no remuneration since plugins are not money makers. You would be best off by selecting one of the thief animations from PoG and accepting the fact that he won't actually look like he is using the bow to cite one example.

Yours is not the first request of this nature. Let's face it, most of the members here are failures at graphic arts. Be content with a close approximation of your goal and concentrate on developing your story. Those who play your plugin will, I'm sure, not fault you on the graphics if they enjoy the story.

Okay, I guess your probably right...I'll see what I can accomplish by merging bits off of diff. npcs...thanx anyway...

Yep, you're asking for 384 pics. (64 ranger walking, 64 ranger attacking, 64 thief walking, 64 thief attacking, 64 sword walking, 64 sword attacking) A whole lot of my time has been in learning to create graphics. Not only is it time-consuming to create the graphics, but the learning curve, not only for Coldstone but for all the graphics applications, has also taken up a great deal of time. Of course, it also takes money to buy the graphics applications. I bought Ray Dream Studio 5.5 a long time ago and am just now learning it. It'll work only on my OS8.6 computer here. I want to substitute the houses.

Hmmm, guess I'll just wait to get poser, any nice GFX apps you could tell me about would be appreciated :D, I already own photoshop...

I find Fireworks easy to use. I use it all the time. Photoshop would do the trick, though. I have both, but still use Fireworks a lot.

I would deffinatly suggest Fireworks. it is awesome to the max.

Thanx, I think I'll add that to the list of To-Get apps... 😄