Need help...yet again >.<

Sorry for making all these boards, I'll try and put all my questions here forthwith. Anyways my problem:
Whenever I place the trinity plugin pics into my plugin's pictures folder everything wors fine but when I quit and reload my plugin all I have are the trinity pics and none of the regular game's pics, is there any way around this? It's very frustrating since I wanna make new items with trinity item pics but then I don't get the original game's pics...

Sorry for any grammer/spelling mistakes, I'm in a hurry...

I can't help you here as I've never made a plug-in. I'm in process of making a stand-alone game. RD is the expert on plug-ins for POG.

Don't worry about asking questions. Just know that if you want a drastically different topic, then make a new topic instead of tagging it to an old one. Good luck!

I'll keep that in mind, thanx anyway...

This post has been edited by Foxwolf : 24 May 2006 - 06:26 PM

@foxwolf, on May 24 2006, 03:30 PM, said in Need help...yet again >.<:

Whenever I place the trinity plugin pics into my plugin's pictures folder everything wors fine but when I quit and reload my plugin all I have are the trinity pics and none of the regular game's pics, is there any way around this? It's very frustrating since I wanna make new items with trinity item pics but then I don't get the original game's pics...

I just went through this and it was indeed frustrating. Hopefully I can save you the several hours of tearing out your hair trying to find out what's wrong. First, a little background. I recently installed a new system on my computer which required erasing the entire hard disk. Of course I backed up everything to CDs first. When I went to use Coldstone, every plugin had the problem of no game graphics. If you open up the map editor, you'd get a seemingly endless series of alert boxes : "Can't find Goblin graphic," "Can't find Forestbase003," "Can't find rock006," etc.

What's supposed to happen in any editor which uses graphics is that you get your personal plugin pictures with a down arrow to select any picture from the game graphics. My game graphics were not showing as available.

So here's what you need to do:
With Coldstone open to your plugin, find the pull-down menu for "Project" at the top of the screen.
Now slide your cursor down to "Game Plugin" and across to "Load Plugin Data."
You'll get a screen with the contents of you hard disk. Find PoG.
Inside the PoG folder, open the "Plugins Folder" and find a file named "Plugin data.txt"
Select that and you should be all set.

Now when you open the map editor (or other graphic requirements) you should get the "Plugin Root Folder" with a down arrow to expose the "Game Root Folder" which contains all the folders for "Forrest Objects," "Village Objects," NPCs, items, etc.

Last week I had a full head of hair. This week I'm half bald because Coldstone didn't remember what game the plugins belonged to. Your barber owes me a commission because I expect I've now kept him in business. 🙂

Lol, anyway thanx a bunch this should help out, I'd do it right now but I should go to sleep, will edit post with results tomorrow 😉