questions

im interested in buying coldstone but im wondering about some things:
1.Can you adjust how everything lookes or is it all basic?
2.What games have been made by coldstone already?
3.Is it dificult to use?
Thank you.

Welcome to the board!

Coldstone is not available for purchase at this time. Ambrosia is in process of dealing with that and has been for quite some time. You can, however, download the demo to try it out.

1. I'm not quite sure what you mean here. But you can create your own graphics to give it any look you want.

2. Pillars of Garandell was made with Coldstone. Several very small games were made. I'm still in process of making a large game, but I got Coldstone before it became unavailable.

3. It has a high learning curve to it. I find, now that I've learned it, that it is not difficult.

Debra, on Feb 8 2006, 06:50 PM, said:

3. It has a high learning curve to it. I find, now that I've learned it, that it is not difficult.
View Post

Not to refute what you said, Debra, but I found that getting a simple game off the ground is rather easy. Certainly, vadeka, if you have specific things that you want to do it can become very difficult, but there are people here on the boards that have nothing to do (Coldstone doesn't work at all under OSX) who would be glad to answer any questions you may have.

When I first got Colstone, I didn't have anything in mind, I just wanted to muck about with games to see what was possible and move on from there. Most of what I know I learned myself. The rest I gathered from reading these forums back in their prime. It was more of a gradual learning process.

Sancatie, on Feb 8 2006, 04:27 PM, said:

Not to refute what you said, Debra, but I found that getting a simple game off the ground is rather easy.
View Post

My game isn't simple. Glad you find Coldstone easy though.

i downloaded the demo but i can't load it it sais the program needed to open the software is missing, can anyone help?

Are you using windows..?

Ledorax, on Feb 10 2006, 04:58 PM, said:

Are you using windows..?
View Post

yes...

Coldstone only works on Macs.